B7100 Clutch Replacement - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 07-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
BillCT
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 12060
Default B7100 Clutch Replacement

I have an older B7100 that needs a new clutch and could use a little advice on how to go about changing it.
The tractor has a bucket on it and by the looks I'll have to remove it and all the undercarriage supports for it since it ties the front and back halves of the tractor together.
I guess I'll have to split the tractor from what I've read and I see the bolts around the bell housing but from then on I'm in the dark.

Help!

Thanks, Bill
BillCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
mark777
Administrator

MTF Member # 252
Default Re: B7100 Clutch Replacement

Not a big deal, Bill

It's just a process of removing everything that ties the two halves together at the bell housing. Yes, the loader and hydraulic lines will have to go first. Then, it's carefully removing the electrical from the starter back to the dash panel, throttle linkage, Pitman arm to draglink and misc steering connections.

Good Jack stands and a floor jack that supports the front and back halves just before you remove the final bolts in the bell housing. With new parts on hand, a fellow can do this taking his time in a two day weekend. With additional help, one day

Here's one I did a while back. With help from my brother we had it torn down and back together in about four hours, but it wasn't our first rodeo :

Click ----> Kubota L2200
mark777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
BillCT
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 12060

Hi Mark,

Hey thanks for the reply. I get the idea, picture helps too. Is there some pin or something that has to be pushed out on a shaft that's just visible when you split the two halves? Some time ago I rember reading something like that but not even sure it was this tractor.

I'm dreading this.......been putting it off for a couple of years but it can't go any longer.

Thanks!!
Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
mark777
Administrator

MTF Member # 252

No pin that I'm aware of, Bill

I really Know when you hear someone say "It's Easy", It's always from someone that's done it before ! I also remember the feeling of worry and trepidation that I would mess it up. Tools out, garage door shut and the radio softly tuned to my favorites, I dove in. After the first hour I understood what 'they' meant when they say "It's not too bad of a job...or easy"! And, my first one (a Massey Ferguson SCUT) had a loader.

You still have these folks on MTF to help you out IF you get lost somewhere along your way
Old 07-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
BillCT
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 12060

OK on the pin.

Well.......there are no quick disconnects on the hyd pump attachhed to the front crankshaft so I figured I'd just pull the pump and let it stay attached to the bucket controls. Pump shaft is attached with a chain wrapped around 2 gears, one on pump, one on crank shaft. Pulled the master link and off comes the pump. Problem is, the shaft off the crank is also attached with a chain and two gears and I can't get at the master link way down inside.
I was thinking of removing the lines from the pump and reinstalling it so the shaft won't be flying around when I start this up to get it in my garage.
Can the pump be run without oil?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
stladrill
Run ahead of the pack

MTF Member # 31914
Garage

Maybe it might help.

B7100__service_manual_part1.pdf
B7100__service_manual_part2.pdf
B7100__service_manual_part3.pdf

Welcome Canadians Sign in!!

(Click on the image to get there)

The information provided is without warranty of any kind. In no event shall I be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered, claimed to have resulted from use of this information.
stladrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
BillCT
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 12060

Hey thanks very much, thats great stuff. I was going to ask another question but I'll read this over first.

I made a support and guide out of a piece of wood to keep the shaft aligned while I backed it into the garage so I'm disconnecting stuff now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stladrill View Post

Last edited by BillCT; 07-23-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
stladrill
Run ahead of the pack

MTF Member # 31914
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCT View Post
Hey thanks very much, thats great stuff. I was going to ask another question but I'll read this over first.

I made a support and guide out of a piece of wood to keep the shaft aligned while I backed it into the garage so I'm disconnecting stuff now.

Your welcome.

The information provided is without warranty of any kind. In no event shall I be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered, claimed to have resulted from use of this information.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
BillCT
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 12060

Haven't been able to muster much energy after work to tackle the tractor but this weekend I should be able to do some damage.

There are two long tubes that run from the fuel pump all the way back to the rearend, one small and one large. The small one has a block with 4 bolts on the top just forward of the firewall. I'm guessing this must be hydraulics for the 3ph. If I just disconnect them from the fuel pump am I gonna get an oil bath?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #10
BillCT
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 12060

I guess I should have read the manual stladrill sent better, it said to drain the hydraulic oil. I guess I have the same question though about what they are.

Thanks

Quote:
Haven't been able to muster much energy after work to tackle the tractor but this weekend I should be able to do some damage.

There are two long tubes that run from the fuel pump all the way back to the rearend, one small and one large. The small one has a block with 4 bolts on the top just forward of the firewall. I'm guessing this must be hydraulics for the 3ph. If I just disconnect them from the fuel pump am I gonna get an oil bath?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
mark777
Administrator

MTF Member # 252

They are the pressure and return line, Bill, and yes drain the reservoir. The lines connect directly to your hydraulic pump (plumbed to the 3PH) and you need to disconnect the lines at the pump.

Keep the pump as clean as you can by wrapping plastic bags and several loops of masking/duct tape to prevent any debris entering the line openings .
Old 07-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
BillCT
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 12060

Ok Mark, will do. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark777 View Post
They are the pressure and return line, Bill, and yes drain the reservoir. The lines connect directly to your hydraulic pump (plumbed to the 3PH) and you need to disconnect the lines at the pump.

Keep the pump as clean as you can by wrapping plastic bags and several loops of masking/duct tape to prevent any debris entering the line openings .
Old 07-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
BillCT
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 12060

How the heck do you get the front drive shaft out? I''ve puled back the boot but the splined shaft won't pull out, no bolts on the U joint in the rear. All the book says is to remove it but not how.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
stladrill
Run ahead of the pack

MTF Member # 31914
Garage

Quote:
How the heck do you get the front drive shaft out? I''ve puled back the boot but the splined shaft won't pull out, no bolts on the U joint in the rear. All the book says is to remove it but not how.
OF the front diff or the transaxle?

In page 8 of the shop manual, part #82 is a snap ring that probably hold the yoke in place.

can you take a picture and post it here?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
BillCT
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 12060

Hi,

Here's a shot of the front. Up inside the observation hole in the rear where the U joint is there is what looks like a pin thru the shaft, it kind of rusted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.