MacKissic Mighty Mac Chipper/Shredder blades - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 05-29-2012, 05:18 PM   post #1 of 5
moey
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 74240
Default MacKissic Mighty Mac Chipper/Shredder blades

I recently acquired a older used LSC chipper/shredder 2000 very similar to these models http://www.mackissic.com/Leaf%20Shredder-Chippers.html

It was outside for a long time and the blade has pitted corrosion on it. I sharpened it but with the pits from the rust the edge is not great. I suspect it will dull quickly.

Is there a generic replacement for the blade for these models? The blade is 3 1/8 Ive seen some other 3 1/8 blades for ~$20 but the holes are not countersunk and may not be the right distance. The OEM replacements looked to be about $70 thats more then I paid for the equipment to start with. That seems very high.
moey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 PM   post #2 of 5
gwest_ca
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 20903
Default Re: MacKissic Mighty Mac Chipper/Shredder blades

I have a larger 12PT model and the chipper blade is a very good quality high speed steel. You may be surprised how long it keeps it's edge. I grind mine on a ginder for wood planer knives.

Garry
gwest_ca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 10:13 PM   post #3 of 5
moey
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 74240

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwest_ca View Post
I have a larger 12PT model and the chipper blade is a very good quality high speed steel. You may be surprised how long it keeps it's edge. I grind mine on a ginder for wood planer knives.

Garry
Thanks I'm hoping it lasts a while. The problem is the face of the blade is pitted so no matter how perfectly sharp it is the edge is serrated in some spots when you look close enough at it. It was in such rough shape I started with a abrasive screen for truing chisels that have been gouged and worked my way up to 1000grit stone.

Ill know this weekend I have lots of trees that are down that will be ground up.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:21 PM   post #4 of 5
PA318Guy
Ole man winter is gone!!!

MTF Member # 31960
Garage

MacKissic makes some very nice equipment and that is probably why the high price on them. I have a Mighty Mac sprayer and the parts for it are pretty dear too! Hope you find some aftermarket blades.

Current Machine JD 322

Former Machines: JD 318, JD 216, JD 212, 1965 JD 110

My videos: www.youtube.com/user/tkelley16341
PA318Guy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 03:50 PM   post #5 of 5
moey
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 74240

closest I could find were some for a McCullock Pro-Mac 5000 but the width is 1/4 less, the holes and length though are the same. Not worth trying to save $35 to put a blade in thats not the correct size. Owell...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.