Ford 3000 Hydraulic Issue - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 02-19-2012, 04:17 PM   post #1 of 5
airjay5
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 69999
Default Ford 3000 Hydraulic Issue

I need help with an issue that I think I might have introduced to my hydraulics on a Ford 3000. I had the lift cover assembly off to replace the filters because the system was real slow. I changed filters, replaced o-rings, and put the system back together. After bleeding the hydraulics, the lift was smooth and was working fine. The one thing I've noticed is that now I can manually raise and lower the control arms with the tractor turned off. I took the cover assembly back off but I don't see what would stop the piston rod from moving up and down. Does anyone have any suggestions?
airjay5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 05:03 PM   post #2 of 5
scm
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 38403
Default Re: Ford 3000 Hydraulic Issue

If the engine is not running theres no pressure your arms will raise by hand. As long as there not lowering when the engine is running you're ok.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:25 PM   post #3 of 5
airjay5
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 69999

Thanks. I wasn't for sure. It just didn't seem right but when I look at the piston and piston rod, there's nothing that holds the arms down even if the engine is running. This is my first tractor and I was trying to figure out how my disk or breaking plow would stay in the ground if you can raise by hand. I guess it's the weight of the implement that keeps it in the ground.
airjay5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 07:01 PM   post #4 of 5
scm
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 38403

yes the weight of the implement plus the proper adjustment of the turnbuckle is what makes it work.
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM   post #5 of 5
Nouveau Redneck
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 19566

When plowing or disking you should have the 3 point in draft control mode rather than position control mode. This will allow the weight of the implement to keep a constant amount of pressure on the work being done instead of keeping the implement at a specific height, so if you encounter rocks or harder soil or any other kind of increased resistance then the system will actually raise the implement up until the amount of resistnce matches what it is set for, and then after the area of increased resistance has been passed it will lower it back down.
2008 John Deere X500
2010 John Deere X304
2014 Kubota BX25D w/50" snow blower

You know you might be a Nouveau Redneck if...
1. You use the cup holder on your tractor to hold your cosmopolitan instead of a beer
2. Your "Santa on a tractor" Christmas yard decoration is actually a high tech digital hologram.
3. Your deer camp cuisine is better than most 3 star restaurants.
Nouveau Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.