1954 F100 is worth what? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Trucks 2 Wheel Drive , 4 Wheel Drive, Big or Small

Old 08-15-2011, 08:49 PM   post #1 of 6
kentucky wildcat
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 49775
Default 1954 F100 is worth what?

I hate it when people do this, and yet, here I go. I'm going to be listing a 1954 Ford F100 for sale soon. Usable front fenders, probably usable rear fenders, good cab, fair hood, engine is complete (not started in at least 10 years), I think the frame is good, 239 V8. So... yes there will be pictures, soon I hope, but if you will give me a low to medium value based on this description I'd be much obliged. There's no rush, if you answer tonight.
kentucky wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 09:27 PM   post #2 of 6
raytasch

MTF Member # 4585
Default Re: 1954 F100 is worth what?

I missed one about like you describe a short while back for @$2800. It was stick and did run, had the usual rust but was very restoreable.
Condition is everything. You say "Usable" in your description. But then we get into what is usable? I consider usable as restorable with some work, possibly a patch panel and a bit of straightening. Much sheetmetal and most mechanical parts are easily available.
Shoot me some pictures, I am interested. Or pm your phone and I'll call you.
thanks

Ford Jubilee-- restored, pulls a finish mower once in a while
Ford 850 -- the workhorse--does it all
IH CC 122--semi retired-awaiting restoration
JD 4300HST FWDA W/Loader--- another workhorse
Sears DGS6500
raytasch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 04:35 PM   post #3 of 6
kentucky wildcat

MTF Member # 49775

Photos available in my album. I'm slowly being educated on how to maneuver info on this box, but it certainly isn't second nature to me.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:12 PM   post #4 of 6
gravely-power
Banned!

MTF Member # 36529

What ever time, effort, and money a pontential buyer wants to invest.
gravely-power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 07:34 PM   post #5 of 6
Vonrow

MTF Member # 36761

here in MN I gave up just shy of 400 bucks to keep a '69 4x4 from gettin scrapped. Here's how it looked the day I drug it home:

https://picasaweb.google.com/snparow...IOci6aO4f_LKg#

I had to put 4 wheels on it, and address some hob-cobb brakework to make a driver out of it. Oh, and a battery. But it runs, drives, and stops fine now. The body metal is full of cancer but the drivetrain, frame and inner body panesl are all sound and tight. In fact the inner fenders & firewall are brand new. It'd take me about $800 to get the cab cleaned up and ready for new paint. Another 2500 or so to get a reproduction bed on it. (drop shipped to my driveway & fully assembled is about 3 grand... less if I put the bits together once it arrives). Those numbers are just parts, not freight & **my own time/labor.** Hauling it to a shop and letting them do it would be ungodly money-wise.

I still get people stopping in to ask me if I want to part with the ol Ford. Some guy pulled in with a trailer and thought I'd part with it for 600 bucks a couple weeks ago. I chase scrappers away from it all the time too.

Around here a 4x4 that works & runs -regardless of what the body looks like - can fetch around 1500 and up. *not that I'm looking to sell the ol '9. My wife wants me to make it parade-pretty so we can run it with her mom's '72 ambulance-conversion in the local parades. (gunna be a while b4 my ride is that clean haha)
Vonrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 07:21 AM   post #6 of 6
kentucky wildcat

MTF Member # 49775

Vonrow, it looks like you got a good buy on a beater. Looking at the pictures I;m amazed at how much the grill and headlights look like the Dodge front end of the early 60's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.