Ford YT16H - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 05-16-2005, 09:03 AM   post #1 of 5
Tmo

MTF Member # 89
Default Ford YT16H

I need info on the subject tractor, a Ford YT16H. On the ID plate it has the following info:

YT-16-H 09GN 2154
Serail YC00661 6M01161

I do know it has a 16 hp twin-cylinder B&S and the tractor has a food-controlled hydrostatic transmission. Someone has taken the original steering wheel off and replaced it with an aftermarket car steering wheel, that simply does not fit. Where can I get a good used one that would fit? Also, it will need a crank seal, this one leaks bad.

I was given this tractor and would like to see if I can get her going. She does start and run, but the carb needs cleaning and, like I said, the crank seal is leaking. The previous owner said he had to add hydrostatic fluid and even rigged up an apparatus to do this without removing the fender deck. Any ideas here? Pump seal? Any help and info would be appreciated.
Tmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2005, 12:25 PM   post #2 of 5
mr67gp
MTF Member

MTF Member # 291
Default Re: Ford YT16H

Go to www.yahoogroups.com and you will find a forum for the Ford/Jacobsen/Oliver/Minneapolis Moline garden tractors. Lots of info and parts sources on that list. I have a 1968 Ford 120 and a 1969 Jake 1450, which are earlier incarnations of the YT models.

Hope this helps.

Jim K in PA
mr67gp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2005, 05:35 PM   post #3 of 5
dirtybernie
Retired Mod

MTF Member # 381

hey treed. i just won about the same tractor from ebay. i wont have it til next weekend but i may know of another for parts. ill let you know what happens. bernie.
dirtybernie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2005, 12:22 PM   post #4 of 5
djm3452004
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 806

Hi folks--just won the same tractor from ebay as well; I need a decent seat, left footrest (rusted through) and some information about the alternator-charging system if possible. It has the 16 hp Briggs and hydrostatic forward/reverse pedal tranny. Darn mice had built nest(s) right over top of both cylinders, and I pulled the cowling apart this past weekend, finding to my dismay fried mice and charred wiring. After cleaning things up a bit and patching up the wiring I ran the tractor a bit to see what I needed to do with the motor. It smokes some, but it's not oil; smells like it just dumps too much gas in when it runs. I have to adjust the mixture on the carb yet and replace the seemingly random solenoid that's mounted right below the carb on the intake manifold. I figure that will eliminate the extra exhaust. Got it for a winter toy, obviously, but if anyone could help finding parts, I'd really appreciate it. ~Thanks, Dave
djm3452004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2005, 01:33 PM   post #5 of 5
dirtybernie
Retired Mod

MTF Member # 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm3452004
Hi folks--just won the same tractor from ebay as well; I need a decent seat, left footrest (rusted through) and some information about the alternator-charging system if possible. It has the 16 hp Briggs and hydrostatic forward/reverse pedal tranny. Darn mice had built nest(s) right over top of both cylinders, and I pulled the cowling apart this past weekend, finding to my dismay fried mice and charred wiring. After cleaning things up a bit and patching up the wiring I ran the tractor a bit to see what I needed to do with the motor. It smokes some, but it's not oil; smells like it just dumps too much gas in when it runs. I have to adjust the mixture on the carb yet and replace the seemingly random solenoid that's mounted right below the carb on the intake manifold. I figure that will eliminate the extra exhaust. Got it for a winter toy, obviously, but if anyone could help finding parts, I'd really appreciate it. ~Thanks, Dave
dave. check out jacobsen\ford on yahoo groups.
dirtybernie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.