Wagner Little Giant Tractor - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

What Is It Worth ? Notice Effective 5/5/14 All new questions should go in the brand specific forum or for attachments in the general discussion forum for that type machine.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:19 PM   post #1 of 7
SamanthaSeverns
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 62858
Default Wagner Little Giant Tractor

This Wagner Little Giant Tractor was in my grandfather's basement for many years. I now have it and plan to sell it. I don't know if it runs. Does anyone have any idea how much it is worth?

This is the information on the tractor:

Wagner Iron Works
1905 South First Street
Milwaukee 1, Wisconsin
Patent Rights Reserved

MOD. # 770 SER. # 6058

SamanthaSeverns is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 07:27 PM   post #2 of 7
dmorrill22
Sears Fan

MTF Member # 38986
Garage
Default Re: Wagner Little Giant Tractor

Looks like a cross between a david bradley and a case...

Nice tractor!

Doug

1966 Colt 2712 (Restoration in progress)

1969 Sears SS12 (Soon to be a dedicated grader!)
- Homemade snow plow (in progress)
- GM 3-wire alternator
- Duromax 16hp Repower
- Custom headlights

1972 Sears SS15 (Work in progress)
dmorrill22 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 07:46 PM   post #3 of 7
D-Dogg
The Magnificent

MTF Member # 20164
Garage

First of all, welcome to the forum, Samantha!

It certainly is an interesting looking tractor, but I can't find much on it on the internet.

Looks to be a 1960's tractor from the styling. Also looks pretty complete except for the muffler.

To aid in your sale, I woudl recommend you wash it up well, see if you can get the tires holding air, verify if the engine turns freely, even go so far as to drain the old gas and oil, and put in fresh to see if it will start. Obviously running will bring more interest.

As I said, I don't see a lot of talk about these on the internet, so I don't know if they are highly prized or not.

It is an interesting looking tractor which a collector might value just because not everyone has one.

On the low end, not running, I'd say $150 (that's my personal max for ANY non running tractor). Running, maybe $500.

Hopefully, there may be someone to come along and be able to give you something more authoritative.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:49 PM   post #4 of 7
gburnett
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 9399

Sharpe original old neat garden tractor.Gotta be pretty rare.I wouldn't touch it to sell it.
I'd bid in at around $250 if it were near me maybe more if I could look it over.Is that the deck to it in the picture? If so that'd make it worth more $$$.
gburnett is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 09:21 PM   post #5 of 7
Dane in PA
Ⓐ+ Poster

MTF Member # 47284

If I were neared, It would already be in my shed...
Dane in PA is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2011, 07:32 AM   post #6 of 7
tractorman nh
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 42180

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dogg View Post
First of all, welcome to the forum, Samantha!

It certainly is an interesting looking tractor, but I can't find much on it on the internet.

Looks to be a 1960's tractor from the styling. Also looks pretty complete except for the muffler.

To aid in your sale, I woudl recommend you wash it up well, see if you can get the tires holding air, verify if the engine turns freely, even go so far as to drain the old gas and oil, and put in fresh to see if it will start. Obviously running will bring more interest.

As I said, I don't see a lot of talk about these on the internet, so I don't know if they are highly prized or not.

It is an interesting looking tractor which a collector might value just because not everyone has one.

On the low end, not running, I'd say $150 (that's my personal max for ANY non running tractor). Running, maybe $500.

Hopefully, there may be someone to come along and be able to give you something more authoritative.

I agree with the above---Also---Found in Oscar Wills book, (p 39) that this company supplied loader and backhoe attachments for IH in the 50s. IH , when they became interested in L G tractors had looked at this manufacturer as a source as Wagner was at that time manufacturing LGCs. In 1960 IH decided to go ahead with their own design which was very much like the Wagner. I don't know how much longer Wagner stayed in business with LGCs. With all that said, this tractor may have interest also to the IH group of collectors. Just my .02 cents
tractorman nh is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2011, 08:23 AM   post #7 of 7
gburnett
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 9399

Yep it does look like the old standard IH tractors and with the IH connection price just went up to $500 minimum.
gburnett is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.