44" snowblower for X320 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

John Deere Forum John Deere Garden Tractor talk

Old 09-13-2010, 11:51 AM   post #1 of 13
X320
MTF Member

MTF Member # 50448
Help 44" snowblower for X320

Hi guys,

I am looking for some feedback on this. I have a X320 and looking for a snowblower for it. Hard to find in Ontario and JD dealer asks $2100 for a new blower. Now I know I could go with a Bercomac, but they are not that much less in $$$. The only used one I found was this:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ224589212

I found no other snowblowers for my tractor that fit without modification. I am not really a metal fabricator, so I am not good enough to make something work from another older model.

Now my questions:
1. Does a blower from a current L model JD tractor fit the X320? Maybe with very little work/mods? I know the X300s and the L models are not that much different.

2. What are you guys opinions about the blower on kijiji (see link)? Is it a good price? It does not come with the lift assist spring kit (required for my tractor) and no weights (even if you can see them on some pics).

I might have the option to send a truck down to pick it up (it's too far to drive for myself - over 7 hours one way). But would anybody buy this item without personally looking at it? I wanted to try to offer maybe $1300 for it.

I am very thankful for any feedback. I have been reading through this forum for a good year before deciding to buy my X320 and I am really happy about all the information that I found. I hope at some point I can be of help for others as much as this was of help for me.

Thank you all folks!!!

X320 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 01:30 PM   post #2 of 13
Markcuda
Banned!

MTF Member # 13642
Smile Re: 44" snowblower for X320

They list for 1500 bucks, in the states.
That is the kind I am getting this fall.
In his ad, he says it is for a 700, it will not fit the 700 series select mowers.
Markcuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 03:07 PM   post #3 of 13
X320
MTF Member

MTF Member # 50448
Default Re: 44" snowblower for X320

Hi Markcuda,
Do you mean $1500 NEW in the states? I should go shopping in NY State then for a new one?!
Thank you!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:47 PM   post #4 of 13
stladrill
Run ahead of the pack

MTF Member # 31914
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by X320 View Post
Hi guys,

I am looking for some feedback on this. I have a X320 and looking for a snowblower for it. Hard to find in Ontario and JD dealer asks $2100 for a new blower. Now I know I could go with a Bercomac, but they are not that much less in $$$. The only used one I found was this:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ224589212

I found no other snowblowers for my tractor that fit without modification. I am not really a metal fabricator, so I am not good enough to make something work from another older model.

Now my questions:

1. Does a blower from a current L model JD tractor fit the X320? Maybe with very little work/mods? I know the X300s and the L models are not that much different.

2. What are you guys opinions about the blower on kijiji (see link)? Is it a good price? It does not come with the lift assist spring kit (required for my tractor) and no weights (even if you can see them on some pics).

I might have the option to send a truck down to pick it up (it's too far to drive for myself - over 7 hours one way). But would anybody buy this item without personally looking at it? I wanted to try to offer maybe $1300 for it.

I am very thankful for any feedback. I have been reading through this forum for a good year before deciding to buy my X320 and I am really happy about all the information that I found. I hope at some point I can be of help for others as much as this was of help for me.

Thank you all folks!!!

Hi, first the price for the new one is right for us Canadian (I pay that in 2009)

The blower form the "L" series will not fit on the X300/X500 series, they only share the same housing, all the pulley and bracket are different.

About the one at KIjiji it look like in very good shape, you'll have to replace the 2 small pulley we see in the picture and probably the belt too (the belt $35.00 the pulley around 20.00 each)

If I where in your position I'll take the one at Kijiji, they are very well made blower and I see some in worst condition selling for the same price.

Welcome Canadians Sign in!!

(Click on the image to get there)

The information provided is without warranty of any kind. In no event shall I be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered, claimed to have resulted from use of this information.
stladrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 PM   post #5 of 13
KATT
5000 Strong & Climbing

MTF Member # 34056

Quote:
Originally Posted by stladrill View Post
Hi, first the price for the new one is right for us Canadian (I pay that in 2009)

The blower form the "L" series will not fit on the X300/X500 series, they only share the same housing, all the pulley and bracket are different.

About the one at KIjiji it look like in very good shape, you'll have to replace the 2 small pulley we see in the picture and probably the belt too (the belt $35.00 the pulley around 20.00 each)

If I where in your position I'll take the one at Kijiji, they are very well made blower and I see some in worst condition selling for the same price.
First thing I thought of, when I saw the pics was you Stladrill and those pulleys you taught us about.
Why the belt I'm not replacing mine after 1 season ??
KATT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM   post #6 of 13
stladrill
Run ahead of the pack

MTF Member # 31914
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATT View Post
First thing I thought of, when I saw the pics was you Stladrill and those pulleys you taught us about.
Why the belt I'm not replacing mine after 1 season ??
Because if the pulley where starting to seize (they look rusty) the belt would have take a beating that's why I say "probably"

The information provided is without warranty of any kind. In no event shall I be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered, claimed to have resulted from use of this information.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:12 AM   post #7 of 13
Markcuda
Banned!

MTF Member # 13642
Smile Re: 44" snowblower for X320

Quote:
Do you mean $1500 NEW in the states?
Yes, they list for $1499
I got mine for $1450, tax included, bran new, 44 inch, I think I got a ok deal.
Markcuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 AM   post #8 of 13
X320
MTF Member

MTF Member # 50448

At Markcuda: Maybe I should move back to the states, I always have the feeling Canadians get ripped off, but I don't want to start that discussion now. thank you for your feedback.

At stladrill: I did not know that if the pulleys look rusty that could be an issue that quick. I have to check in on that. Thank you.

I asked the seller for the serial, just to be save and am now thinking if I want to go and check it out or just have our truck pick it up next time he is down there. Feels strange to pay so much money without looking at it first.

Thank you for all your feedback!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:13 AM   post #9 of 13
X320
MTF Member

MTF Member # 50448

Quote:
Originally Posted by stladrill View Post

First of all, I got the blower including weights and chains. I am very happy with this purchase and I am sure it will do a great job on my driveway. I cannot wait for the first snow to come

Second, (at stladrill) the pictures (and you of course) were definitely right: The two small pulleys are seized up and need replacement or at least some work and the belt is pretty worn out. I will probably change the oil in the crank case as well since I am already on it and I will get spare shear pins for sure.

I read in another post that the chute adjustment cable can seize up, but that seems to be working fine. But the turn mechanism for the chute moves rough, so I figure I need to clean and grease it.

To get this thing working I also need to get the weight bracket to fit the weights onto my tractor and I need to get the spring assist lift kit. So at least another couple hundred to spend, but still better than the price for a new one.

I let you guys know how things are going, hopefully I will not run into any problems with the installation.

Thank you all for your advise and I will post some pics once I got everything figured out!

Old 09-27-2010, 12:51 PM   post #10 of 13
mhussey
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 35164

Quote:
Originally Posted by X320 View Post
turn mechanism for the chute moves rough, so I figure I need to clean and grease it.

I would not grease the bottom of the chute or the outer teeth. I did this last winter thinking it would help displace the water (from melting snow) and keep the chute from freezing up. What it did was cause the sand/dirt to stick to the grease and make a mess. Best thing to do (I've found) is remove the few bolts holding the chute to the blower head and wipe down both surfaces. When you are done using the blower, leave it in the up/lifted position. This will help the water run off the blower and not puddle and freeze under the plastic chute.
Traded: 2006 John Deere 155C: 44" Blower-48" MMM
mhussey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2010, 11:49 AM   post #11 of 13
X320
MTF Member

MTF Member # 50448

Hi guys,

thank you for all your help and advise. I got it all to work! Had to get the connection rod and a bunch of stuff to connect the lift assist spring to the blower. It ended up being $300 in parts in total with the pulleys and for simplicity I bought all bolts, nuts and washers from JD with the specialized stuff to not have to worry and finding the right ones. In any case, I got it to work. I also had to cut down the chains, they were from an X5XX with these HDAP tires and were way to long for my tires. All in all it took less than 2 hours to get it installed plus maybe 30 mins to get the chains figured out.

In the mean time I also bought a 17P poly cart through the internet and used it big time to haul gravel and wood. Great find too and a hundred bucks cheaper than new. Overall I got all I need and everything works great.

You guys are all awesome help for me, I hope I can return the favors at some point!
Old 11-11-2010, 12:09 PM   post #12 of 13
stladrill
Run ahead of the pack

MTF Member # 31914
Garage

I'm glad it work out good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2010, 04:22 PM   post #13 of 13
MXZRXP
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 48748

good for you, sounds real good, where are the pics??

Propane HEAT (sweet!)

Blower in action here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyoup-StaA
MXZRXP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.