White LT 542.. info please? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Backyard Round Table - L & G Tractor Related Topics Lawn and Garden Tractor Related Topics General Discussion Board

Old 07-10-2010, 03:17 PM   post #1 of 7
HiccaBurp
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 39815
Default White LT 542.. info please?

I saw this for sale locally.. I tried doing a search, but "white" brings up a LOT of threads. Who makes it? Any good? Any info would be great? I'm just looking to cut 3/4 of an acre of mostly flat lot. I also want something that my 6'2" 270 self will not feel cramped!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 12:23 AM   post #2 of 7
Sergeant
Tech Exchange Moderator

MTF Member # 24
Default Re: White LT 542.. info please?

White Outdoor was Bought by MTD in 1981 Same year as Cub Cadet Prior to White Out door being sold to MTD it was owned by the White Tractor company Who owned Oliver,Minneapolis-Moline and a Few others Which is now Part of the AGCO group. MTD started making the outdoor Power equipment for White in 1975 Prior to that White Outdoor was made By Jacobson. Jacobson also made Clones for MM and Oliver. MTD is no longer producing White AS of this Year They made some Great Garden tractors under the White Label The GT1855 & GT2055. I have owned a White GT2055 for 11 years now.
The GT1855 & GT2055 and many other models were shaft driven ,Had Hydrulic lift and Came standard with a Cat 0 3point hitch.. When I bought my GT2055 I paid $3,800 for the tractor $400 for the 50inch deck & $2,500 for a Kwik-way loader for it. Since 2001 MTD has slowly killed the White Brand Up until 2007 there Lawn Tractors were Based on the CUB Cadet Lawn tractors except with a Diffrent Hood and Color and Diffrent engine But the Frame was the same The White GT from 2002 to 2007 Where Basicly the Cub Cadet 2500/2000 series frames except it Had Belt drive and the Transmission from the Cub Cadet 2000 series But it was belt driven. The one your looking at is similar to the Present Day MTD troy-bilt line except that it has a True Hydrostatic not a CVT trans. Hope this Helped tell you about White.
Are your from the Rockford area?
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 09:13 AM   post #3 of 7
HiccaBurp
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 39815

@SERGEANT - Thanks for the info.. helps bit, but still not sure if this is a good mower and if it's a good deal?

I'm in Lake Co. - Wauconda
Old 07-11-2010, 09:20 AM   post #4 of 7
Ken N Tx
Retired MTF Admin

MTF Member # 117
Garage

Compare prices
Old 07-11-2010, 11:21 AM   post #5 of 7
Sergeant
Tech Exchange Moderator

MTF Member # 24

I myself Think the White would Be a fine Mower. and the Price seems fair There is a Good White and Cub Cadet Dealer over in Belvidere called Blackhawk http://www.blackhawklawn.com/ over in Boone County It use to be Belvidere Lawn and Garden Where I bought my White GT2055 and My John Deere X485 they use to be a Deere dealer as well. White was Basicly one step under Cub Cadet So it should be fine for your needs.
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 04:04 PM   post #6 of 7
cnhyardtoys
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 18796

White was 2nd only to CubCadet in the MTD line. It is a good tractor and worth the asking price. MTD discontinued the White line last year. Parts are still readily available as they used many of the same parts as othe MTD models.
cnhyardtoys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 04:07 PM   post #7 of 7
MTD snow plow
Murray tractor owner

MTF Member # 40721
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnhyardtoys View Post
White was 2nd only to CubCadet in the MTD line. It is a good tractor and worth the asking price. MTD discontinued the White line last year. Parts are still readily available as they used many of the same parts as othe MTD models.
And cub cadet parts, Looks like a good deal.
Honda HRA214 self-propeled mower
2010 Stihl FS-45 trimmer
Ariens Snowblower H70

IH (Cub) cadet 282 Hydro
Lawn-Boy 6262 commercial, BBC, Mulch/side discharge
Lawn-Boy Selfpropeled bagging mower(Forget the model)
MTD snow plow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.