new bx2360, 3 point hitch question - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 04-16-2010, 10:17 AM   post #1 of 20
caf
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 41842
Default new bx2360, 3 point hitch question

What a great forum, I've been reading for months in anticipation of getting a compact tractor. I finally ended up with my new Kubota and love it. The only issue I'm running into is that the three point hitch doesn't seem to go low enough. I bought a middle buster from tsc to help bury my four inch gutter down spout but the thing would barely go low enough to break the soil. I ended up having to use my dads 3520 jd which went plenty low. I wonder if it just needs time and use to loosen up because i notice that the bushings on the end of the lower bars were painted to the bars themselves, I had to bust them loose with a pry bar just to get them to pivot. Maybe I'm missing something any input is appreciated.
caf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2010, 02:59 PM   post #2 of 20
rjh245
MTF Member

MTF Member # 29409
Default Re: new bx2360, 3 point hitch question

I have a orange middle buster from TSC and a kubota bx2360. It will go at least 12 inches into the ground.
rjh245 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2010, 03:46 PM   post #3 of 20
dave martineau
orange fan

MTF Member # 5773

six months ago when my tractor was new I spent an hour and a half scraping off all that over spray. I believe that should fit your machine
dave martineau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2010, 06:11 PM   post #4 of 20
CHDinCT
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 7272

I would think your middle buster would work right with your 3PH, but if not, I had a machine shop drill another hole in each of my bottom arms about 1.5" - 2" closer to the tractor for $15. If I need an implement to drop lower, I can move my side links to the second set of holes.

BX25, 54" MMM, 5' Rake, Wallenstein BX42 PTO Chipper, Woods Rear Blade, 54" front blade, 48" box blade, Ratchet Rake.
1993 Wheel Horse 520-H, 48" deck & vac bagger.
1967 Wheel Horse 1077 with 36" RD deck (in resto).
Cyclone Rake, and other toys, I mean tools
CHDinCT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2010, 07:46 PM   post #5 of 20
caf
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 41842

Thanks for the replies, I had the yellow one from tsc, maybe it is different than the orange one, at any rate I returned it and will continue to look for something that has overspray or something else holding it up. The bars just barely go south of horizontal, seems like it should go lower. Other than that this machine is great, I love mowing and using the loader.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:37 PM   post #6 of 20
BP Fick
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 35421

I also have the orange XB middle buster from TSC. Works great and does indeed sink to 10-12 inches.

Maybe someone can help here, but isn't there a connection between the 3 pt and the MMM height adjustment? Understand, I do not mow with my BX, but I believe I have heard that the MMM height adjustment is tied to the 3 pt in some way? Maybe I 'm just foggy about the remembrance.

In the future, go with the XB MB. I too returned a yellow one. It was simply too tall for my BX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1888a.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	100849  
BP Fick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 09:56 AM   post #7 of 20
JRC0528
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 21688

The 3PH does lift the MMM; but the MMM height adjustment DOES NOT limit the 3PH in any way.

Think of it this way, the relationship between the MMM and the 3PH is like the 3PH is to the lift cylinder. The 3PH and the MMM Depth Limit control how low the MMM is; the MMM is free to rest higher than either limit but cannot drop lower than the highest.

Many a man in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl!
-- Stephen Leacock on the danger of infatuation
JRC0528 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 08:32 PM   post #8 of 20
Kenneth H
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 22130

BP Flick,
I hope you have your height adjustment set to "TOP". If not the lift arms under the tractor are going up and down also.
1996 - John Deere GT275 with 48" MMM
Bush Hog Tiller 4'
Fred Cane 8' Bush Hog
Countyline 4' Bush Hog
Countyline 4' Landscape Rake
Kenneth H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 08:49 AM   post #9 of 20
Jimmyjo
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 18447

Quote:
Originally Posted by caf View Post
Thanks for the replies, I had the yellow one from tsc, maybe it is different than the orange one, at any rate I returned it and will continue to look for something that has overspray or something else holding it up. The bars just barely go south of horizontal, seems like it should go lower. Other than that this machine is great, I love mowing and using the loader.
I also have a BX2360. I got the orange midbuster from tractor supply last summer and used it to plow my garden last fall. It went in deep enough to stop the tractor in a few spots. It did a great job for me. most implements work on the BX but those like the king kutter XB line are sized and fit better for this tractor. I have there back blade and thinking about the orange 48 tiller. The bars on mine are also a pain. I wish Kubota would have masked them off when painting.
Jimmyjo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 10:24 PM   post #10 of 20
caf
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 41842

well i finally got the 3 point hitch to go lower, it wasnt going down because of the arms not being able to pivot up where they hook to the tractor because of the paint. it is supposed to rain this weekend, it might be the right time to scratch all that overspray off. thanks all
Old 04-24-2010, 07:44 AM   post #11 of 20
BP Fick
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 35421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth H View Post
BP Flick,
I hope you have your height adjustment set to "TOP". If not the lift arms under the tractor are going up and down also.
Aye, Captain. Came in that position a year ago and have never moved it, except once doing an inspection of things, and returned it to that position.

Good head's up to everyone though.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:52 AM   post #12 of 20
BP Fick
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 35421

I have 3 or 4 orange implements, trailer hitch, 60" back blade, the middle buster, etc, but did buy a yellow cultivator. Could not locate an orange cultivator locally. I can tell you the yellow cultivator is really a bit of a pain with the BX geometry. I had to cut the "ears" off. They come with 3" extensions of the L steel right smack dab in wrong place. They interfere with the turnbuckle keeps of the lower arms. Bent mine silly. Got them straightened, but the sawsall took those ears off right quick like. Even so, the tolerances are whisker close.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CULT-G.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	101753  
Old 04-28-2010, 12:55 PM   post #13 of 20
makoguy
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 42848

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Fick View Post
Aye, Captain. Came in that position a year ago and have never moved it, except once doing an inspection of things, and returned it to that position.

Good head's up to everyone though.
Thanks for pointing this out. I've caught those arms many times on sticks and limbs out in the woods.
makoguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 12:59 PM   post #14 of 20
makoguy
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 42848

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Fick View Post
I also have the orange XB middle buster from TSC. Works great and does indeed sink to 10-12 inches.

Maybe someone can help here, but isn't there a connection between the 3 pt and the MMM height adjustment? Understand, I do not mow with my BX, but I believe I have heard that the MMM height adjustment is tied to the 3 pt in some way? Maybe I 'm just foggy about the remembrance.

In the future, go with the XB MB. I too returned a yellow one. It was simply too tall for my BX.
Where can I find some wheel weights like these? I've filled my tires with water, but would like to add some more weight. Thanks.
makoguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 PM   post #15 of 20
indybb
MTF Member

MTF Member # 41582

I'm trying to get the lower lift arms on my BX24 to go lower. I just got a Woods 48" Box Blade that has very low lift arm pins. They are just about 7 inches off the ground (ground to center of pin). When I mount it on my 3pt hitch it sits about 1.5 to 2 inches off the ground. My lower lift arms only want to get about 8.5 inches off the ground (ground to center of ball). I can tilt it back and use in the rear of the blade to cut, but I can get a cut with the inside blade at the back of the box.

Long story short, how can I get my lower lift arms to go lower. The guy I got the box from has a 10yr old 7300 kubota, and his arm will go to the ground. The box worked great for him. What is this overspray that may need scr8ped off? I either need my arms to go lower or the pins to be mounted higher and this Wood BB4 only has one place for lift arm pins. Any help would be appreciated.
Matt

JD 185 - available
indybb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.