Husky HSK037 Battery Booster !.. - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Tool Time Tool questions and discussions

Old 03-28-2010, 12:45 AM   post #1 of 5
Tractor-Holic
10,000 +posts!

MTF Member # 8867
Default Husky HSK037 Battery Booster !..

I picked up a new "tool" today--a Husky HSK037 Battery booster "jump pack" thing,it also has an air compressor and a 400W AC inverter built into it and an LED light..pretty neat looking unit,HEAVY though..a friend gave it to me,he was cleaning out his garage ,said he thinks it needs a new battery--he left it unused for a long time and the battery doesn't seem to want to charge or hold a charge for long now..

I figured if he was going to toss it I'd take it just for the air compressor and AC adaptor..it can be used with a jumper cord plugged into your lighter socket..

I am letting the battery charge a few days before I condem it..hopoing it might come back with a long slow charge..if not I am considering getting a new one for it,though when I googled the model # ,the sites I found the owners manual on,reccomends to return it to HD "customer service" for battery replacement..but I think I can handle putting a new one in it..

Anyone have experience with the sealed lead-acid batteries these things use??..I was looking online and I think a 20 amp hour one looks to be the closest to the one in it,they sell for about 60 bucks..anyone ever replace one?..I hear some computer back up systems and emergency lighting units in stores & schools use the same batteries too?.
Tractor-Holic is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 12:48 AM   post #2 of 5
D-Dogg
The Magnificent

MTF Member # 20164
Garage
Default Re: Husky HSK037 Battery Booster !..

I don't believe I would sink $60 into it Robert. I have a heavy one from Sears that was $99 with a 3 year warranty.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:49 AM   post #3 of 5
John@Reliable
Banned!

MTF Member # 37003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor-Holic View Post
I hear some computer back up systems and emergency lighting units in stores & schools use the same batteries too?.
Check over at the electrical supply house by the flea market if you need a battery
John@Reliable is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2010, 01:42 PM   post #4 of 5
Tractor-Holic
10,000 +posts!

MTF Member # 8867

John:
Same place they sell the plumbing stuff & oil tanks??..have to check them out..

I was thinking of putting a car battery in it if one would fit,since I wont be using it much other than around the yard and shop,but it might be a hazard having the battery enclosed in that case,hate to have the hydrogen gases get ignited and go "POW"!..

I have a few electrician friends that might be able to get me a battery from a school's security lights,if they will fit ,they replace all of them on a schedule whether they are good or not,and many good ones end up being recycled! (our tax dollars at work..)..

Maybe I'll just rob the inverter and comprsssor from it..anyway,the price was right,so if it ends up in the junk pile, I wont feel too bad!..
Tractor-Holic is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 PM   post #5 of 5
badfox9389
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 28596

I have one for work. However, it is just a jump pack. No add ons like your's. It is a Matco brand. I just recently replaced the battery in it. Some other guys in the shop would borrow it and and always plug it back in. It ended up wasting the battery. Well, that's my theory. Anyway, the replacement battery is made by Werker (sp).
Lawn-Boy L21ZPNB 1990
Lawn-Boy 10401 1996
1972 Jacobsen push mower Briggs 4 cycle
-----Sold-----
10518, 10304, 10201, 10323, 10302
badfox9389 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.