Compact Tractor & Components (CTC)/IMF front end loaders for John Deeres - Page 2 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

John Deere Forum John Deere Garden Tractor talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:52 PM   post #16 of 48
Sergeant
Tech Exchange Moderator

MTF Member # 24
Default Re: Compact Tractor & Components (CTC)/IMF front end loaders for John Deeres

Yes My 45 Loader came with a Hydrostatic Relief Valve
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2010, 11:24 AM   post #17 of 48
Joe Loch
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 48099
Default Re: Compact Tractor & Components (CTC)/IMF front end loaders for John Deeres

I would not suggest that anyone buy a loader from compact tractor and components, or old name, Ironman Fabrication. I bought one about a year and a half ago for my 420 John Deere and have only moved dirt a total of about 10 yards and have had nothing but problems with it shearing pump keys. I even sent my pump assembly to Rod at compact tractor and components/ Ironman Fabrication and he said I have a bent PTO on my 420. It was checked with a runout gauge and is not bent at all and all bearings are in good, tight condition. Bottom line was I had to purchase a new pump and sprocket assembly for 250.00. I even asked Rod to split the cost of the new parts with me and he refused. He also cussed me over the phone which I informed him ( do it again and I will come down to see you ) The bottom line is This company does not stand behind what they sell and has had many complaints in regards to his loader problems. They are not a cheap item to purchase and having to spend additional money on a already high priced item makes it even higher priced in the end. I am also a member of WFM and there are many posts in regards to problems with his loaders. He commented also that he changed his loader design about a year ago,Makes me wonder why???? If anyone wqants any further information feel free to E/Mail me at koalabear@buckeye-access.com I will be happy to give you the details, ALL TRUE. or look at WFM site under compact tractor and components in the repair section vunder allied attachments.
BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe
Joe Loch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2010, 12:42 PM   post #18 of 48
Brett-JDX748
Has anyone seen ChimChim?

MTF Member # 1790

Joe,

Thank you for posting this... I think Rod may have well just lost my 3 grand...

I guess I'll just get the plow to make it through winter and try to source a used 45 loader if I can. The way Rod handled your issue and the way he responded to a customer in a thread, completely unprofessional.

Welcome to MTF and sorry about your issues with CTC but I and everyone else on here that have been drooling over CTC loaders, appreciate your real world feedback.

That knockin, ain't a loose rod, Son!
Photos

Former Fleet:
2009 Craftsman GTS5000 Excellerator - Sold
Photos

2006 John Deere 3320, FEL, Backhoe, 62 MMM - Sold
Photos

2005 Cub Cadet 6284D FEL, Backhoe , 70" rear finish mower - Bought back, LEMON
Photos
Brett-JDX748 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 08:20 AM   post #19 of 48
RaisedByWolves
GANG GREEN GIZMOW KILLER!

MTF Member # 41447

He lost my business too!

From what I have seen hes a jerk and would only answer my Email by saying it (my concerns) were a dead issue.

Seems maybe even He dosent like the way he treats people and cant face the music. Maybe he'll change the buisiness name again to help improve the quality issues.

http://houseofhomelite.proboards.com/index.cgi?

POWERKING "79" 2416
ECONOMY "64" JD
KUBOTA 4200
"68" JD 140 H-3
And a restored JD318
RaisedByWolves is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 08:34 AM   post #20 of 48
royrector
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 42607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
Look like a decent loader about $800 less than the Deere loader. Only problem with it it voids the Deere warrenty. . . .
This changed my mind. I need a loader this year, and I still have 3 years, 11 months and 21 days left on my factory warranty. Not throwing that away! Iíll buy the 45.
HeavyHitch
45 Front End Loader
JD 647 48in Tiller
Armstrong Ag 48in Box Blade
JD 17P Poly Cart
Brinly PRT-481S 48" Lawn Roller
NorthStar 16 Gallon Electric Spot/Broadcast Sprayer
Buyers ATVS100 100 lb Electric Broadcast Spreader

Follow Big Greene on Twitter: @BigGreeneX748
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/royrector
royrector is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 08:37 AM   post #21 of 48
D-Dogg
The Magnificent

MTF Member # 20164
Garage

Welcome to the forum, Joe.

I also did a lot of research, including having phone conversations with all the current FEL and bucket vendors (who make something for a JD 318). I decided on the OR-Bilt for my needs, as previously noted.

The post on WFM is the only negative post I have found, and I am sure CTC has sold more than the one loader in 2 years. I'm very sorry for your bad experience, and hope things have improved for customers. Your post certainly has gotten a lot of mileage.

I'd invite others with factual personal experience to weigh in one way or the other.

I've also invited Rod to weigh in on the recent resurface of this issue.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:55 AM   post #22 of 48
RaisedByWolves
GANG GREEN GIZMOW KILLER!

MTF Member # 41447

Dont know where your seeing only one customer with problems. You may want to note I had limited success when asking him how these issues were resolved on current production.

People have been following this trend for quite some time. It cant be simply swept under the rug.

http://houseofhomelite.proboards.com/index.cgi?

POWERKING "79" 2416
ECONOMY "64" JD
KUBOTA 4200
"68" JD 140 H-3
And a restored JD318
RaisedByWolves is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 10:26 AM   post #23 of 48
Joe Loch
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 48099

I do not want to offend anyone, but rather protect other folks from getting into the same situation as myself. As noted above look at the weekend freedom machine posts. I personaly now know of four people that have had nothing but problems. Rod is a great guy to talk to and do business with at the start of a transaction but does not stand behind what he sells, after he has your money in hand you are pushed aside and forgotten. When I originally bought my loader, I was given a delivery date and I think it finally got delivered approx. two months after the original delivery date.
once again BUYER BEWARE!!!!! Money is not easy to come by in these tough economic times with so many folks out of work . I would think in order to survive under these conditions as a company you need to step it up a notch. There are three keys to any company's survival im my books, A fair price, A good product and good service.
Thanks for listening, and the kind welcome aboard.
Joe
Old 07-25-2010, 10:42 AM   post #24 of 48
D-Dogg
The Magnificent

MTF Member # 20164
Garage

I don't want anyone to think Rod is my brother-in-law or I'm on his payroll or anything.

I'll throw out an example which might explain my position.

I bought the competition, the OR-Bilt. Everytime I post something on my OR-Bilt, someone will post an opinion as to what a bad, weak, or dangerous design they feel it is. Well, I have one, and it suits my needs. The manufacture does reflect the cost.

I know of 3 other members here who actually own one. So, IMHO, the 4 of us are the most qualified to review it. Not to say others are not free to voice their opinions and observations.

I would certainly like to see some more posts by people who have purchased from CTC and can relate first hand experience.

And I hope Rod take me up on my offer to address our two recent threads.

That's all.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:34 AM   post #25 of 48
Joe Loch
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 48099

D-Dogg, as a site moderator, I would like to ask you if you would have any issues with me attaching the two threads from weekend freedom machines to this post?? Rod made two replies to the posts and was very arrogant in both of his replies. I only want the folks on this site to see the true facts and responses given by Rod Zastrow. Once again I would have loved to hear about these problems before purchasing my loader but did not and thought it was a pretty good loader. Now there are many extra dollars to be spent to remedy this problem and I have also just found out on weekend freedom machines that yet another member has the same problem as myself and the cure he was given to repair the problem at his cost only made the problem larger. I am without a cure at this point and no support from Rod at Compact Tractor and components.
Your thoughts please and thanks again.
Joe
Old 07-25-2010, 11:38 AM   post #26 of 48
D-Dogg
The Magnificent

MTF Member # 20164
Garage

Joe, I think your WFM post has been linked recently in another thread, but feel free to link it in this thread - we have no restrictions on links to other forums.

I'm glad you're here. So far you're the only person I've met who can raise their hand and say "I have one and here is my experience".

Oh, and BTW, my views expressed here (and I'll take the liberty of speaking for Sergeant) are mine as the member and tractor enthusiast, not as a moderator.

Last edited by D-Dogg; 07-25-2010 at 11:44 AM.
D-Dogg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 11:59 AM   post #27 of 48
geb63619
geb63619

MTF Member # 2730

Here are the 2 links that Joe is talking about he is a little slow when it come to computers LOL

Click here thread from 2008

Click Here 2010

I helped Joe mount this loader on his 420 and it was a PITA the quality of the loader is far from perfect I guess he changed his name to try and keep selling loaders to people that don't know any better.

Here are the pictures I took while mounting up IMF Loader to his 420
Click Here

Its very apparent that customer satisfaction means nothing to Rod since he knows he has a problem with his shaft driven loaders since other guys are having the same issues.

I guess this is his way of getting his name out there

Come on Ironman pull your head outta the sand lets here what you have to say about your quality control and your customer satisfaction right now your rating is far below par
geb63619 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 12:13 PM   post #28 of 48
Brett-JDX748
Has anyone seen ChimChim?

MTF Member # 1790

It's a shame that the issues seem to be after the sale. It still looks to me like his fabrication work is solid and the design work looks good, I realize that a mule drive pump set up is a little more complicated and the splined shaft on a smooth bore pulley isn't the correct setup, that part he should have taken care of. My issue was with the way he handled himself in replies that puts me off. Whether you feel it in your heart or not... When a customer shells out $3000.00 for a product, you best believe the customer is always right and as a business owner it's your job to make them feel "warm and fuzzy".

That knockin, ain't a loose rod, Son!
Photos

Former Fleet:
2009 Craftsman GTS5000 Excellerator - Sold
Photos

2006 John Deere 3320, FEL, Backhoe, 62 MMM - Sold
Photos

2005 Cub Cadet 6284D FEL, Backhoe , 70" rear finish mower - Bought back, LEMON
Photos
Brett-JDX748 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 09:21 AM   post #29 of 48
Joe Loch
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 48099

Thanks Gary for posting the threads and pics.
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 03:21 PM   post #30 of 48
Joe Loch
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 48099

Sergeant, Thanks for your suggestrions. I called quik-way and spoke to one of their design men. He was very helpful in trying to cure my problem. He made a few suggestions that may work once I receive my new pump and sprocket assembly from compact tractor and components. He suggested placing two 1/4 inch set screws on both the pump shaft and the PTO shaft 90% apart from each other, and made a couple other suggestions for me to check. I will keep everyone posted once I receive my new pump and sprockets from compact tractor.
thanks again, Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.