CountyLine 5' Blade - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 01-11-2010, 03:22 PM   post #1 of 13
cjax
Unbreakable Breaker

MTF Member # 1862
Default CountyLine 5' Blade

Ok, bought a new toy last week. In anticipation of the snow that was coming, I went to Tractor Supply and picked up a 5' CountyLine Blade. Nothing special, or over-engineered, but totally functional. Needed it to plow my long drive, and something small and easy for my Jinma to be able to use. For snow, I could have gone with a 6', but once I start moving dirt I didn't want to overload either the blade or the tractor, so I think this was the right choice.
Worked great on last weeks snow fall here in Indiana. Had about 5". Nothing too big yet. Hopefully we get more so I can play!. Sadly, You'll notice in the pics I am having to keep my tractor outside this winter. The garage is too full. Hopefully by next year it will be cleaned out again and I can put it back in the garage, or have a pole barn to store it in. (second choice is best option for me)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blade 1 web.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	88961   Click image for larger version

Name:	blade 2 web.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	88962   Click image for larger version

Name:	blade 3 web.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	88963  

Jinma 254 - Koyker Loader | 6' finish mower | 5' blade | PHD w/9" auger | Subsoiler | Middle Buster | 6' discs | MF 2 bottom plow
Cub Cadet '06 GT2554 - Too Many Attachments! DR Power Grader |AF 36" Tiller |AF Dump Trailer |JD 15 & 25 gal Sprayers |AF Dethatcher |AF Roller |AF Spike Aerator-Spreader

Teller of semi-true stories. "I made up a few things and there's some I forgot." -- Jimmy Buffett

Last edited by cjax; 01-11-2010 at 03:45 PM.
cjax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 03:54 PM   post #2 of 13
slkpk
USMC

MTF Member # 37
Default Re: CountyLine 5' Blade

Nice looking setup. slkpk
It's too late to worry about it now!

slkpk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010, 07:08 PM   post #3 of 13
Bill425
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 32098

Ive ponder the back blade for my GC2300. How well does it plow? Did you reverse the blade and plow backwards?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:31 PM   post #4 of 13
etcallhome
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 34709

Looks like my King Kutter I bought used a few mos ago. I was using it today on 1st angle setting doing off a neighbors concrete, church parking lot and my concrete drive...It works great. I'm thinking about adding 1 or 2 --8" concrete blocks just for some hold down pressure.. I was able to cut !'m guessing 1/2" of packed snow on most surfaces today. Not everywhere but alot.... I was surprised how well it did with no down pressure compared to front blade having down pressure... I also noticed the straighter the blade was standing up it did a better job than when I had a angle. I thought the angle would work better like a chisel...Sure not the first time I was wrong and for some reason just guessing it won't be my last...

Good luck with your new plow !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	used king kutter.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	88989   Click image for larger version

Name:	used King kutter 2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	88990  
Old 01-12-2010, 06:30 AM   post #5 of 13
Sam Mac
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 34571

You can never have to much garage space.
Sam Mac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2010, 11:14 AM   post #6 of 13
Team_Green
Banned!

MTF Member # 7124

Cjax nice looking machine..

Etcallhome adjust your top link so the top of the blade tilts back and it will dig in more if you tilt the top of the blade forwards it will dig in less.
Team_Green is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2010, 11:47 AM   post #7 of 13
Tom White
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjax View Post
Ok, bought a new toy last week. In anticipation of the snow that was coming, I went to Tractor Supply and picked up a 5' CountyLine Blade. Nothing special, or over-engineered, but totally functional. Needed it to plow my long drive, and something small and easy for my Jinma to be able to use. For snow, I could have gone with a 6', but once I start moving dirt I didn't want to overload either the blade or the tractor, so I think this was the right choice.
Worked great on last weeks snow fall here in Indiana. Had about 5". Nothing too big yet. Hopefully we get more so I can play!. Sadly, You'll notice in the pics I am having to keep my tractor outside this winter. The garage is too full. Hopefully by next year it will be cleaned out again and I can put it back in the garage, or have a pole barn to store it in. (second choice is best option for me)
Hey neighbor, we got that same snow over here in Brown County. Like you, I had been waiting for it to get some "playing" time in on the tractor.

If I were you, I'd just put that loader to work clearing out the garage for tractor space. Of course, depending on what's in there, other family members might make you sleep outside with the tractor if you did.
Tom White is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2010, 09:29 PM   post #8 of 13
etcallhome
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 34709

Team_Green Thanks for the info. I had tried the top link and had top of blade tilting back Maybe I had gone to far with that adjustment....
Old 01-21-2010, 09:44 PM   post #9 of 13
cjax
Unbreakable Breaker

MTF Member # 1862

TW, More Hoosiers! Good to see you on here. The boss would be mad if I kept the boat outside over the winter. (Way too many toys)

With the blade at the first setting off center (angled) and the blade very straight (top and bottom even/vertical) it plowed very well. Nothing rolling over the top. (Wasn't a deep snow).

etcallhome, yours looks almost identical to mine. Was it a TSC brand?

Can't wait to use it this spring to cut/smooth some uneven spots holding water in the back yard. Also thinking of cutting in a dirt track for some go karts (about a 5-acre track) but we'll see how that goes.. Hmm, maybe I'll need a good box blade too....

CJ

Jinma 254 - Koyker Loader | 6' finish mower | 5' blade | PHD w/9" auger | Subsoiler | Middle Buster | 6' discs | MF 2 bottom plow
Cub Cadet '06 GT2554 - Too Many Attachments! DR Power Grader |AF 36" Tiller |AF Dump Trailer |JD 15 & 25 gal Sprayers |AF Dethatcher |AF Roller |AF Spike Aerator-Spreader

Teller of semi-true stories. "I made up a few things and there's some I forgot." -- Jimmy Buffett
Old 01-22-2010, 02:02 AM   post #10 of 13
Phoenix125
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 31145

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjax View Post
Can't wait to use it this spring to cut/smooth some uneven spots holding water in the back yard. Also thinking of cutting in a dirt track for some go karts (about a 5-acre track) but we'll see how that goes.. Hmm, maybe I'll need a good box blade too....
I had high hopes that my 5' back blade would do some ground leveling, but I found it very tedious and not very effective. I bought a 5' box blade off Craigs List a month later, and man! that thing really digs! In 1 hour I did more with the box blade than I accomplished after 5 hours with the back blade... and it looked better, too.
2009 JD 2305, FEL w/ 53" Bucket & hooks, 54" MMM w/ Ind. Lift, Hydraulic Diverter, & JD Mulch Kit, 12v Port 1 & 2, (3) ROPS Lights, JD Ballast Box w/ Reese Hitch mod, JD 60" Back Blade, Harbor Freight Quick Hitch (27.5" due to old implement), Bro-Tek Skid Plate, Markham Welding Tooth Bar, Wallace 5' Box Blade, Frontier GM1060R Finish Mower, EZmover Hitch, Harbor Freight Winch, Clamp-On Pallet Forks from eBay, CountyLine Carry All, Agri-Fab Speader, Precision Dethatcher, County Line 5' Landscape Rake, Fimco 15gal 2.1 GPM Sprayer, TSC 48"x24" Roller, Precision Spreader, CountyLine 3pt Post Hole Digger
My 2305 & 200CX Maintenance Schedule Check List: PDF Excel
Phoenix125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 AM   post #11 of 13
cjax
Unbreakable Breaker

MTF Member # 1862

Hmm, looks like another spring time purchase! Thanks for the info Phoenix.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:33 AM   post #12 of 13
etcallhome
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 34709

cjax I believe mine came from TSC when first bought....I bought this one used from a used equipment dealer...
Strange thing he also sales new King Kutter ...He may have sold new ,but I'm guessing he didn't because I had talked to him last fall a yr ago and he was just getting the King Kutter line of equipment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 02:29 PM   post #13 of 13
nuffer460
MTF Member

MTF Member # 20566

cjax and etcallhome,
I have a Country Line 5' Box Blade. A friend has a 6' King Kutter Box Blade. He bought his from TSC 2 years ago. I bought mine from the same TSC store this fall. Other then his being a foot longer. They are the same color, same scarffers, everything. Maybe Country Line is a renamed king Kutter.

cjax, I have a 254 NorTrac. How does the 5' back blade pull. I was thinking of getting the 6' this spring. Just woundering if it would be too much, if I run it mostly angled. The 5' box blade is no problem for my tractor.
nuffer460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.