Case 446 Weight Bracket - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 01-11-2010, 01:35 AM   post #1 of 3
Curt91
MTF Member

MTF Member # 37050
Default Case 446 Weight Bracket

I was thinking about making my own weight bracket out of angle iron for my case 446. I don't really have the money for suitcase weights or wheel weights so I thought I could make one out of concrete. I have welded before but I'm not very good at it. I thought i would just use bolts to hold it together but I'm afraid that may not be strong enough. Also, I'm not sure how much weight I need. I just use it to plow snow with a 54" blade. I would like to have the most weight possible without overloading the tractor. Maybe 300 pounds?? I weigh about 150 and it has two 30 pound original case weights on it now. Thanks for any replies.

Curt
Curt91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010, 08:46 PM   post #2 of 3
Mjoe7
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!

MTF Member # 24884
Thumbs up Re: Case 446 Weight Bracket

Try here... http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=103938
Scroll down to post #14 or so and you can find how I made mine.
I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-17-09 022.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	89146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Weight Bracket 011.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	89147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Weight Bracket 003.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	89148  

See my tractors in action on youtube! User Mjoe7. http://www.youtube.com/user/mjoe7
Mjoe7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2010, 12:23 AM   post #3 of 3
david doyle
Banned

MTF Member # 8803
Default Re: Case 446 Weight Bracket

curt if you are gonna add wieght and are willing to use concrete. Make wheel wieghts. If you have a cement plant nearby they might just give you a bunch for free.
Weight on the wheels is the best first step. Instead of stressing your tractor you would be letting the ground carry the wieght. Also a rear wieght bracket might be great for snow plowing but it wont serve you very well if you want to use rear mounted equipment like a back blade etc.

If you make them flush to the rim you can get almost 75 pounds aside (IIRC) if you are willing to increase the width of you machine, a little above the rim will give you lots more. If you can find scrap iron/steel/lead wheel wieghts, depleted uranium etc around chuck it in as well it will add wieght and make them stronger.

6 inch Bolts/washers/nuts to hold them on will cost you maybe 15 bucks. any plastic, copper, metal tube will do to cast in bolt holes. MULTIPLE layers of Scrap pastic or garbage bags will insure release.

Here is a hint. line the bottom with plasic and then add sand for an inch or two until you are above the level of the slots on the rim. then line with plastic. This will keep you from my tragedy of having weights that wont come out!

I have thread I think it is called Latex in cement in the home made impliment section and it has the calculations for how much cement is needed for case rims and expected wieght.

Last edited by david doyle; 01-14-2010 at 12:29 AM.
david doyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.