My Tractor Forum banner

Is the Toro 22156 really a LB 22271?

8K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  mowersnob 
#1 ·
I saw this Linky and thought this looked a lot like a LB 22271 painted RED. What do you think?

#5 ·
Yep. Thats the same as the 22271.... Saw them at the dealer last year.

That Red M has been around for a few years now, they made another model with a different engine as well. They put it on the commercial line of mowers.. Doesnt that tell you something of how good the deck design is?

#6 ·
Is the newer M deck still Magnesium or has it been changed to aluminum?

#8 ·
No I have a couple M decks. Im looking for the 6255 style deck. Even one like in your avatar might work.

#9 ·
Oh I thought I heard you say that the M decks were not avail. thru Toro anymore, but the staggered decks were, and I knew you were partial to the M's. Good question about the deck materials now, I was wondering about that to, whether they are still using magnesium or not.

#10 ·
Naw, wasnt me on the M decks thru Toro question. So many similar avatar it is easy to mix folks up. :)

#13 ·
Dang. I have a stripped down M deck spare for my 10591. I bet it doesnt weigh 20 pounds by itself.

#14 ·
its much more than the deck for the added weight.....

The Toro has steel wheels, steel brace in front, steel handles, HD gears in tranny, BBC, and 4 stroke OHV engine.

#16 ·
Thanks, Its been an awesome mower and I just love the Kawi engine. I bought it new about 17 years ago and plan on having it another thirty or more years. There's nothing offered today that interests me at all other than that Toro in Post #3. Kind of an updated version of what I've got :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.