My Tractor Forum banner

how fast do you think it will go pic's inside

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  gray wolf 
#1 · (Edited)
home made how fast do you think it will go pic's inside

started as a thing to build for the 70 year old man down the road. a mini bike well now he's going to plate it and ride it on the road ok.well was a 5 hp now it's whatever. look tell me what you think James

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice. Was this an all custom job or was this based on an existing frame? I really like it. :thThumbsU

Let me know how plating it works, I have doubts that it could be considered street legal since most ATV type tires are not DOT approved (I have seen ONE set that claims to be, which are meant for street used UTV's). That's in addition to needing turn signals and perhaps other niceties that are considered necessary to be street legal.

Paul

#5 ·
nice always a need for more POWER

#6 ·
how fast? a buddy of mine has a similar mini bike, it did about 12 with a 3.5hp briggs on it. i think you might be able to hit 20 with that bike

#7 ·
well still have work to do like the needing turn signals have them just have to wire them in and horn brake light's. tank came for something seat who knows handle bar a old honda fender's you tell me. dont know how fast it go's yet but soon as it get done I'll let you know. and was all custom job, part of a frame but had to cut most of it up to fit motor in.

#8 ·
I don't know how fast it will go as currently geared, however, when I was involved in the Mini-Baja back in '92 and '93, those little 8 hp engines would move some of those buggies between 15 and 30 mph (I believe some hit 30 mph, my memory is not to be relied on, though). With something that light you should be able to hit at least 30 mph.

#9 ·
I bet fast enough to hurt yourself. I remember my buddy had an old mini-bike frame like this was back in the sixtys he took the motor off his old bug kart and the motor happened to be a Power Products AH-58 way to much power for a little bike with no suspension.
His maiden voyage was a disaster he took it out on the road and grabbed a handfull. Well needless to say we had to go and scrape him off the road can you say super roadrash man was his dad ****** at him. Ah yes the good ole days youth good times at its finest.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.