My Tractor Forum banner

Mower deck interchange

12K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  *Ryan 
#1 ·
Will a mower deck off a 1556 fit on a G12?

Been looking for a deck and found a 1556 parts tractor with a deck. Don't want to have to do a lot of fabrication work but do have a shop for some retro fitting if needed.

Thanks

Mike

#2 ·
#4 ·
I believe the 1556 deck will work on a G12.

#5 ·
Thanks for the quick answers, I'm always amazed at the depth of knowledge on this board.

From the looks of the interchange list there are several possibilities but it seems the odds are there would be an interchange without too much difficulty. As I stated I've got the shop to do the work in I just don't get around that well anymore.

Think I'll see if they will come down on the price a bit and try to get that tractor. He says the engine has a stuck valve or has dropped a valve seat. Apparently it's a Tech OHV. Really rather find a gear drive tractor as I've never had that good of service out of hydro tractors big or small.

Thanks again.

Mike

#7 ·
ed-nh:

Pictures would be helpful even if I don't end up with this particular machine. It would be nice to know what to look for and what all parts are needed. I have been able to get a lot from the parts manual pictures but real photos would be better.

Thanks

Mike

#8 ·
Here you go Mike. Some pictures of my G14 mower deck. I have not yet attached it but the previous owner used it many times. I hope this helps.

Ed-

Attachments

#10 ·
A few more pics including a couple that were posted from the user guide on this forum in another post.

Attachments

#11 ·
Ed:

That helps a lot, thanks for taking the time to post those. I got a line on a couple of possible sources for a deck now.

A 42" deck would work well for my needs, want something to set as high as I can get it to knock the tops off weeds and small brush then the brush hog behind the tractor can do a better job of grinding things up. May even use it to mow the lawn.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

#12 ·
There are about 7 different mower decks that will fit on ALL tube frame tractors, You just need the particular mounting hardware for those style decks. Just about any attachment is interchangeable on all of the tube frames with a mounting hardware change. Tube frame tractors have not changed over the years as far as basic design goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.