My Tractor Forum banner

Is this snow plow for a narrow frame?

12K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  Squiner 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Well I went and got the blade. Now that I have it home you can see some better pics. I'm starting to think that the blade is not CC but I really have no idea. It is 48" wide. I hope it can be reassembled without modifications.

Does anyone have a good pic of an assembled plow so i can figure out how it goes together?

#6 ·
Glad we got that cleared up... I've got one at my Brothers place that looks exactly the same and I didn't know what it fit for sure either, thanks Roland.

Now I guess the question is; Will that blade mount onto the subframe that he has?

Woops, I pulled the trigger a little late here... Sorry.

#7 · (Edited)
As Roland said, that blade is for a different style Cub, not sure that blade even goes with that sub-frame.

You are probably going to have to fabracate something to make it work right, or take it back and get a refund.

Before you get too carried away you should check to see if that sub-frame will mount on your tractor. Then worry about getting the rest of it hooked up.

#8 ·
The sub frame mounted up good :drunkie:

Now I still have to get the blade connected to the subframe some how. I see people selling the subframes alone. How do you make that connection, bend the subframe, seems like a bad design if that's the case.

Thanks

#9 · (Edited)
Glad it fit up well.

Yes, spread the sub-frame apart to get it on the pyramid, they really are pretty "springie".

Don't know exactly what to tell you about the springs, but you don't want to hit anything solid that is buried in the snow with the blade in the locked position like it is in the pic..

#10 ·
Glad it fit up good.

Yes, spread the sub-frame apart to get it on the pyramid, they really are pretty "springie".

Don't know exactly what to tell you about the springs, but you don't want to hit anything solid that is buried in the snow with the blade in the locked position like it is in the pic..
Now that I have the subframe on the tractor I'm trying to spread it to accept the pyramid. Funny thing I learned. A car jack will not work on it's side but it does a good job ******* the operator off.

Looks like I'll have to pull the subframe so I can use the car jack in the upright position to spread it.

I'll just drill some holes in the blade for the springs. It came with a new set of springs too.

I hope we get some snow in northern maryland from this storm so I can try it out :i_praying.

I'll get some pics when I'm done.....thanks for the help!

#12 ·
This should give you an idea of where to put your springs, You will need the pin to adjust it from side to side.

Attachments

#14 ·
Looks good I wish mine was 48" wide. I also like you skids those look like they will work good. Good luck with your springs tomorrow. Buy the way good looking tractor!!

#17 ·
He's right NF and WF plows are the same. Just the sub frame is different. Your plow is from a newer model cub. Not sure what one but much newer, that's why it's 48" wide. The older plows that were made for you tractor were 42" or 54" wide. I'm sure you'll get alot of guys asking you where you got that plow and how you made it work on you tractor.

#19 ·
Ok, the weathermen were wrong here in Mrayland. We have about 6 inches of snow now and we were not supposed to get much more than an inch.

So I'm trying to get the plow finished. Last thing I need to do is attach the springs. Is there a trick to get them stretched enough to get them on the bottom rod?

#20 ·
According to the IH manual:

Remove the rod holding the blade at the bottom, lean the blade backward and up over the top of the bracket, hook the springs in their respective places, then push the bottom edge of the blade down to it's rightful position and slide the rod back into place.

Good Luck AND DON'T GET HURT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.