My Tractor Forum banner

TYM T-233 Tractor

11K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SandDawg 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a TYM T-233 tractor Thursday for use around my property. Bought a FEL and Boxblade in the package deal. Could of got a dual axle trailer and bush hog in another package but already have a trailer and can get a used finish mower cheaper on CL.

Used the tractor for about 8 hours today, so far I really like the T-233. I redressed the entrance drive with boxblade (did the main hole filling with a Large Ford tractor I borrowed from a friend), moved my heavy duty welding Jig table that is solid steel, moved implements into a new storage area and a few other things today.

Only problem I had with the tractor today was the hood latch wasn't adjusted correctly and the hood popped open when I hit a bump at high speed and flipped open in my face.... scared me cause I had just looked forward when it happened. Adjusted hood catch and all is well!:fing32:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the concern!:thThumbsU

Wasn't really going that fast (low range / 4 wheel drive) and the ROPS was down so I could work underneath low hanging tree branches, plus my barn's roll up door just clears the ROPS bar in the down position. I keep all heavy loads close to ground during transport and watch the slope angles!:fing32: The hood's latch was just barely catching, adjusted the latch bracket forward and no more problem.

Now seat belts are always a good idea,:thThumbsU don't ask how I know this!:banghead3 To bad they are such a pain when moving stuff by yourself getting off an on tractor, hooking up chains constantly.

:trink39:

#4 ·
Welded on a few upgrades to my FEL bucket and boxblade to make using them easier.:fing32:

I welded 3 chain hooks onto my FEL bucket, this will help in moving heavy objects around the yard. I was having to wrap chain around a support bar behind the Bucket inorder to use the chain to lift with.

I also welded a hitch receiver onto rear of my boxblade so I can use receiver attachments and will make trailer movement alot easier! Drilled corners of boxblade to install chain hooks there. I can use them to hook a drag harrow or section of chainlink fence or anything I want to drag behind boxblade.:fing32:

#6 ·
Thanks!

So far I'm happy with my purchase, only a couple of small problems to correct. :thThumbsU

Thought about the lights but want a tool box mounted at the rear of the ROPS to hold tools and hitch attachments more!:fing32:

#7 ·
So how about a long term follow up? I just happened to see in a Cabelas ad that they are now selling tractors. Did a little research and found out they were made for Cabelas by TYM. First I'd heard of the brand. Although even the 23HP would be serious overkill for my 1 acre do they look pretty nice. Competition to Kubota?

#8 ·
I no longer get notifications in my Email for posts so this is a little late. :dunno:

Really enjoy my TYM, a real back saver! :fing32:

Only problems to date is a leaking oil seal on the front right wheel hub (4 wheel drive) and an oil leak at the PTO shaft. The PTO shaft is a small repair, not looking forward to fixing the oil seal on the front wheel. Had a wire to the fuel solenoid rub on the frame edge and short out causing the tractor to shut down and not restart, was a simple fix once found.

Still happy with my little tractor! :fing32:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.