My Tractor Forum banner

Case 480 skip loader for farming?

10K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sqdqo 
#1 ·
For a guy with a cabin and a little property would a 4wd Case 480 with a 3pt and PTO operate implements like a tiller, brush hog, etc? Would this tractor have a low enough range to do slow moving projects like tilling etc or would it be to cumbersome? I am sure this tractor would have a better lifting capacity and workability than one of the 40-50hp compact tractors wouldn't it? I would appreciate some opinions.

#3 ·
E model, the unit I am looking at has a PTO, I just don't know its rpm rate. I know the 480 skip tractors are contractor units and the 3 pt system is design to not only lif but will pitch and angle as well. Also it looks like the 3 pt. system hangs fairly low, I don't know if this would creat a ground clearance issue. I would prefer a more robust machine with greater lift capacity than the compact tractors and I cannot afford one of the larger farming type.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.