My Tractor Forum banner

Neat Nut & Bolt Storage System!

8K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  DJ in WV 
#1 · (Edited)
I just LOVE my bolts&nuts storage system. It is so simple yet strong and easy to use.

The pigeon hole cases are old post office letter sorting boxes that someone put to extremely good use. The 2 liter soda pop bottles are so strong even with part cut away that they can be filled to the top and they stay in shape without giving. I have had mine for 12 years using the original soda bottles! Filling it with the bolts will probably be expensive but look at the ga$ and time saved! Mine came fully loaded with bolts and I seldom have to go buy any.

You buy enough plywood for 2 of them and GOOD glue and have your wood working buddy make one for each of you- that is if you don't have the "Norm" of "This Old House" skills or tools. The holes are 3&3/8"wideX4&1/2 tall. My are 14" deep But 12" deep would be quite O.K. So rip the plywood a saw blades width less than 12"and you will 4 rips out of a sheet of plywood. If I were to make one I would use 5 ply 1/2" plywood.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Well dang it i will have to stop bending up my bolt bin from steel scraps and start saving my 2 litre Diet Pepsi bottles. Lets see i drink one a day in a month i can have enough...Bob :trink40:
Oh and i saw a nice brass wall mounted USPS PO Boxes at a pawn shop for sale but it wasn't cheap. It was like 7' high and 15' long.

#10 ·
I don't know how I missed this when it was posted, but I did. That is a really nice system you got there. It's cheap as it can be and extremely useful and inventive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.