My Tractor Forum banner

Allis 912 easy questions

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  skunkhome 
#1 ·
I'll be picking up an 1980 allis 912 this week and had a couple of questions for you guys. First off, what am I doing wrong at the simplicity site for manuals? I type in anything and it says zero results. I typed in 7112 which aparently is the simplicity version of this machine, nothing. I typed in the name of every machine I could think of, nothing.

Second, what should I look out for on this tractor. I'm already leary of hydros so I'll spend some time looking at that. Can you tap off the hydro for lifts on these? Anything else you can think of?

#2 ·
Its and allis which is like but not exactly a simplicity. You need the 169xxx number of the simplicity to get the manual. Check the bgb, hydro linkage, compression on motor, rear axle seals, belts, idler pulleys, spindles...especially the middle one, and the cone clutch to make sure there is still material... Probably more but until you are staring at it, its hard to pinpoint...

#5 ·
Oh ok, thanks. I'm comming from the cub and gravely world, I don't think we have those. The 169xxx number, is that going to be on an Allis? I've been randomly putting in numbers with that prefix and have actually gotten some non "simplicity" stuff.
I'm just anxious, I haven't even got the tractor yet and am trying to search for parts.

#7 ·
The 169XXXXis the mfr#. It will be on a silver tag, most likely near the PTO lever for the mower deck, or on the tractor frame below the carburetor area of the engine. Just type in that#. The system will have a variety of manuals that match your# and you can download all of them that are available. No need to cross #s on this new of a tractor.

#10 ·
After some more poking around the internet it looks like the number is 1691122.
Not sure where that number came from, but if the tractor is a 1980 model year 912-H thats not the catalog number. I've got an AC 900 series operators manual dated August 1979 and a reference chart here in front of me, and both indicate the number is 1690516 for the 912-H.

Here is a link to an online reference source-

http://www.simpletractors.com/X-reference/ac_s_pg2.htm

#11 ·
I totally belive you, its just that number didn't work when I typed it in. That number I posted brings up a Deutz-Allis 912. It might not be an exact match, but I was hoping it got me close enough to know how the tractor was laid out when I go look at it. Sorry for any confusion.

#12 ·
Well, I picked it up today. Arathol is correct about the number. I found the shiny tag right where you guys said it would be by the pto lever.:thanku: I took pictures of the tag but they came out crappy.
It runs great, I spent some time with the hydro. It certainly seems quite strong. It whines some but from my reading here at MTF that appears normal. It even has most of the lift parts. It is cable actuated right? I am very happy with this machine so far (after 10 hours).

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.