Allergies - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Health and Fitness Keeping in shape

Old 04-06-2012, 01:15 AM   post #1 of 5
Boyd
5000 Strong & Climbing

MTF Member # 19439
Default Allergies

I think it was ragweed that I first noticed a reaction to in 1994 if I mowed over some. Then about 10 years ago on a lawn I mowed, there was a ton of yellow dust coming off of some pine trees. My eyes swelled up so much I could barely see out of them. My next older brother has a lot of allergies but when I was young I never thought of myself as having any trouble with it. I have never tried any medicines for it, but days when it rains in the spring are much easier to live with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHVFE02NTgU Pictured:79 Mustang Pace car 5.0 4sp I sold in 1990. All Toro: 520xi, two 266-H. For sale: Briggs Intek 24hp oil pan, Sears 4ws hydro transaxle, parting out Toro 117 GM & WH 400 series tractor. Wanted: WH or Toro 42" rear discharge mower deck.
Boyd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 07:57 AM   post #2 of 5
LilysDad
Just Have a Little Faith!

MTF Member # 7161
Default Re: Allergies

Just the last few winters I have had 'cold' allergies. Colds that aren't colds.

When I did woodworking with cedar, it was bad.
LilysDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 PM   post #3 of 5
etcallhome
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 34709

About 15 yrs ago I was mountain biking up a nice incline,taking about 10 min to reach the top about 2 min from top of hill I noticed the field had been freshly mowed.
Well the wind started blowing from the direction of the field towards me. Next thing I know I'm off the bike lying in the ditch thinking I was having a heart attack.. About 15 min later ,mustard up enough strength to get back on the bike and head back down that hill towards my house.. Got home and was telling my wife next thing I remember I setting in Dr. ofc and having EKG and anyother test you can thing of. About 1-2 hrs later Oh you have Allergies and I go what the H=== it that.
After testing for what allergies ,have been taking Alegra D, fluticasone spray twice a day and early in the spring singulair once a day plus had taken allergy shots every week for 10 or 11 yrs.
Been miserable this spring. !!! Allergic to all grasses, wood, love the smell of coffee while on the shelf in the paper bags,, as soon as it is brewed cann't stand the odor. Needless to say I don't drink coffee or beer when either one gets about 2ft from the nose I can't breath ,same for different perfumes... Our oldest daughter had just put her perfume on a few minutes before we were leaving to go somewhere.. When she got in our van I couldn't get my breath... made her go in wash it off . while I stayed out side the van with doors opened ..

Hate Allergies..
Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 AM   post #4 of 5
chaosracing
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 56116

I have dealt with allergies ever since I was a kid. First started out with a bee sting and a week long visit in the hospital. Then I got allergy shots about once a week for a long time, then it bumped to every 2 weeks. I also had some pills to take as well. As I got a little older, one very wet spring I wound up back in the hospital for a week again because of allergies. They changed my meds around (first ones made me very sick) and sent me home. Then during high school, they kinda settled down a little, I would still get the itchy watery eyes, but had stopped getting the shots because they werent working. I would just swim alot in the summer. Now I take Zyrtec (over the counter) and it seems to work, but I have to change those around once in a while. 3 years ago I could use Claritan D, but 2 years ago it stopped working for me.
Allergies do suck big time, I just hope that my kids dont get them like I did.
Homebuilt Yard Vac
Trying to make a few attachments for it
chaosracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 AM   post #5 of 5
davidg
The Travelin' Mod

MTF Member # 807

i live in the land of allergies, benadryl works great IF you have time to sleep. if not then walgreens has an allergy/sinus OTC med they sell under their brand that takes care of them without making you drowsy.

we can no longer get the good stuff without a doctor's prescription, MS passed a law a few years putting all that behind the counter to limit the meth labs. then about 2 years ago they changed it to ALSO include the requirement for a RX for most OTC allergy meds, if they include pseudoephrdrine then you gotta go to the doc to get it. i hate that too because there were several good OTC meds i could take tha twould knock my allergies right out.

BTW, the pollen you see is not what is bothering you. it is the smaller pollen that actually causes the allergies. the yellow pollen is just a mess on vehicles and everything else.

davidg is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.