My Tractor Forum banner

Planted grass seed late last fall,will it grow?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  silagekid 
#1 ·
Late last fall i plowed with a garden tractor then put down grass seed, then used a disc and put down more grass seed, then dragged it in.
It never had a chance to get going.I was wondering will the seed that was planted last fall take off this spring or should i reseed?

Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
It should come up, I'm surprised you haven't seen signs of it already. Around here, in PA we had a big snow storm in late October. Recovery involved multiple bucket trucks in my driveway for about two weeks. They didn't all manage to stay on the paved driveway. So, around mid-November I finally had things in order and raked out the tire ruts and threw grass seed several places along the drive before putting in my plow marker stakes to keep the next truck or plow off the lawn. That seed came up first, and is growing strong. The rest of my turf lawn has not recovered from winter dormancy, but the new seed is growing and I've mowed it twice already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.