My Tractor Forum banner

Murray Pics

253K views 495 replies 134 participants last post by  MarNo84 
#1 ·
Lets see a picture of your murrays. Land vehicle Vehicle Riding mower Mower Lawn
:wwp: :wwp: :wwp:

See less See more
#36 · (Edited by Moderator)
What is the one in the back ground??

#38 ·
Ok I thought it was one like my murray Land vehicle Vehicle Riding mower Mower Lawn

#41 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nice insurance sticker!!!:sidelaugh :sidelaugh

#47 · (Edited)
Thanks. Nope it's a 2000. (If you mean me) At least that's what I think. That's how long I have owned it. Bought it new from Home Depot. How/where do I read the code for age?
Couple more pics during maintenance today. The ramps are for one of my vehicles. I have the yellow metal ramps up in the attic, but it was too hot to get up there today, so I used what was out in the garage. Still got to pretty it up some more, sticker residue on the front where it said Murray. Changed out some old stickers on the back and it looks better. Also added a metal plate and bolt for looks. The "dogs" sticker was a left over from what I have on my truck.

#45 · (Edited by Moderator)
Looks like mine exept it is a hydro mine is a gear drive, nice mulch plug too!! Does yours have a briggs in it??? Mine is a tecumseh endero 15.5 Land vehicle Vehicle Riding mower Mower Lawn

#48 ·
Here is one I just bought and fixed up for sale. I think it is a 1996 according to the engine. It turns AMAZINGLY tight when going to the left. Nice little mower that I would keep for myself because it is so maneuverable but I have a bigger, newer MTD that I need to pull my 48" aerator.

Attachments

#369 · (Edited)
Ya I thought so too about being European. I can't find much info on it. I think '96 based on the engine date. All the ones on google pictures have a rear bagger built-in. The steering is pretty nice. It's got heim joints on everything and I think the gears are called sector and pinion?

Here is a photo of the crazy-super-tight left turn. Almost 90 degrees on the inside tire:

I found that interesting cause mine ('95 murray ultra) has what I always thought was GREAT steering, (so easy to turn, almost like power steering, just 1 finger will do it) and much tighter overall turn radius compared to my previous smaller tractors (crafstmans, mont. ward, dayton)
also I knew mine turned quite a bit sharper to one side but sitting here on my couch I wasn't sure which side so I went out and checked it...

and it's the opposite, mine turns much sharper to the right

so I'm guessing that Sentinel MUST be British made ? (cause they drive on the opposite side of the road :biglaugh:)

#51 · (Edited)
Ya I thought so too about being European. I can't find much info on it. I think '96 based on the engine date. All the ones on google pictures have a rear bagger built-in. The steering is pretty nice. It's got heim joints on everything and I think the gears are called sector and pinion?

Here is a photo of the crazy-super-tight left turn. Almost 90 degrees on the inside tire:

Attachments

#56 ·
I will have to get some more pictures to upload on here. For now you will have to make due with my avitar photo. Where are all the RERs

#58 ·
You would think there would be more Murray rers on here. They must have made thousands of them. Many badged for Sears. I keep my eyes peeled for a cheap one to grab.

#64 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thread revival (This should be a sticky!!) :thThumbsU

I hate posting pics and then seeing that one of my machines is dirty. My poor '02 needs a good cleaning, even thought I just waxed it last week.. It never ends!
The red murray looks like it just came strait from the factory!! Nice machines!!:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

#65 ·
We need a sticky!!

#66 ·
heres a few of my 96 gt. just put a briggs 20hp v-twin on it. will be mounting a custom plow on her soon. also be posting a video thread for all those who are curious as to how those stacks sound.
Land vehicle Vehicle Riding mower Mower Lawn
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Lawn

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Machine Grass

#67 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.