My Tractor Forum banner

Got a motorcycle?? We want pics!!

248K views 1K replies 473 participants last post by  Ingersoll444 
#1 ·
I looked and didn't see a thread for bike owners pics so here it is! I'll start off...and it doesn't matter what kind or type(on or offroad). NO BRAND WARS! NO MINES BIGGER THAN YOURS! Just pictures! ROF

See less See more
#754 ·
Been riding off and on for over ten years, but here's my first cruiser-

81 Yamaha Virago 750. Only 17k on it, and yes it has the can of rocks starter. I am looking to get rid of the goofy exhaust and put a pair of drag pipes on it, but nothing is made for these anymore. I am going to have to make my own setup to get the look I want, straight pipes both about even with the rear of the back rim with a straight cut, all I can find is goofy tapered ones or staggered ones.

#758 ·
Here's my 2 bikes.

1. 2004 BMW R1150RT this is my serious touring bike. I've owned it since early 2005. I bought it with 3000 miles on it and have put 42000 additional miles on it.

2. 2000 Honda Shadow A.C.E. Tourer I thought I wanted a touring cruiser, but this bike is a disappointment because of vibration in the footpegs. Both are for sale. I want a Gold Wing.

Attachments

#761 ·

My '79 XS650 Special.

I've been riding since 1966 and have been through a raft of bikes, but the TX650A I bought new in 1974 was always my favorite. Foolishly traded it off in 1981 or thereabouts, and have been looking for a replacement ever since.

Found this one two years ago in October, spent that winter going through it, now have it about the way I want it. Mostly stock, just different mufflers, electronic ignition and upgraded the wiring to modern blade fuses. Would like to have the seat redone, the foam has hardened up from old age (haven't we all...) and doesn't have much give.

@ 63 I don't do much long distance riding, but I manage to put 1500 miles a year or so on it just dubbing around locally.

#763 ·

My 2012 Kawasaki ninja 650. This was at my old house I kept it in the shed till winter then it was moved in to the basement(walk out)

I hit 1000 miles on it in June. And unfortunately have not added to it since. I work 24s and muskegon County is the wettest County in Michigan. So I need 2 open windows to drive it to and from work.

I also have a fender delete kit in the garage ready to go on.

Sent from the MTF Free App

#765 ·
The beast. 2013 Super Tenere. Taken at Bear Glacier near Stewart BC/Hyder Alaska:

Red Thumper. 2012 KLR 650 taken at Nordegg Alberta:

#768 · (Edited)
This is my 1973 R75/5. My dad purchased it new (traded in a Norton Commando for it!), rode it until 2004, then it sat in his garage for about 8 years after he picked up his RT. I took ownership about a year ago. It is roadworthy, but needs some work that will hopefully get done this winter.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

On a ride with my sister, she rides a Honda Shadow, but is looking to sell it and get a touring bike.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Me, my dad and my sister after a ride, on the /5, R1150RT, and Shadow, respectively.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling

#770 ·
This is my 1973 R75/5. My dad purchased it new (traded in a Norton Commando for it!), rode it until 2004, then it sat in his garage for about 8 years after he picked up his RT. I took ownership about a year ago. It is roadworthy, but needs some work that will hopefully get done this winter.

View attachment 580242

On a ride with my sister, she rides a Honda Shadow, but is looking to sell it and get a touring bike.

View attachment 580250

Me, my dad and my sister after a ride, on the /5, R1150RT, and Shadow, respectively.

View attachment 580258
Great to see a family of riders.:fing32:

#774 ·
2012 Chinese Tao Tao 150cc, tops out at about 63 MPH. I've had it doing an indicated 72 MPH, but that was down a pretty steep hill. I mostly stay off the highway with it, unless there's tons of traffic that tends to move slower. Zips around pretty good around town though. I can get going faster than most sane drivers stoplight to stoplight.

Bought as spring/summer/fall transportation to work and around town, not for fun. Got that out of my system with my 600cc 165 MPH sportbikes around high school/college.

75-80 MPG baby! $1250 brand new out the door with tax/title/plates! Whoo-yeah! Has about 6400 km on the odometer now, but being a cheap Chinese POS, the odo/speedo didn't work for a few weeks. Also had fuel problems and EGR problems. Since then, been OK. I might sell it and get another this spring. They still command about $950 used, and there isn't a scratch anywhere on it.

Attachments

#773 ·
:wwp: OK. Here are three pics of my bike. It is a 1978 KZ400C1. This is the "ECONOMY" model. Kick start, no electric foot; no tach.; 5spd. instead of 6; two into one exhaust to save cost of second muffler; drum brakes both ends, no front discs. Love it anyway. Fun to ride, good mileage and cheap insurance.Two pics are side views and third is me in Ohio with full Craven luggage set on it...Dave

Attachments

#775 ·
Steddy,

Nice! I have an old honda c70 passport that I need to fix back up. I bought it over 25 years ago used it mainly offroad at my parent's get away. I did ride it on the road a few times, riding "dirty". Sine there was no local police force (we only ever saw state police and that was very rare) i knew the odds were in my favor. Was only ever able to get it up to about 40 going downhill, but I was always heavy.

I'm thinking of fixing it up, getting it titled, riding it a couple of years then see about getting a more powerful scooter. I was thinking something in the 200cc to 250cc range.

Paul

#785 ·
My 1982 gl1100 interstate, was only $900 and i started a custom paint job. I originally started on a Honda nighthawk 250, i get picked on alot for being a goldwing rider because i'm only 18 years old hahaha :cool:

Attachments

#786 ·
One of the guys I used to ride with went from a Shadow to a GL1500, I teased him about now having a car, calling it the grampsmobile, etc. That only lasted until I got my Virago with a full fairing, it was nearly the same size.
It didn't help that he had pictures of towing around the company BBQ trailer with his, and later put on a pintle hitch with a pair of air couplers-