My Tractor Forum banner

Jacktown Pa show next week

4K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  D-Dogg 
#1 ·
Jacktown (Bangor Pa) show coming up 10/17 10/18.

#12 ·
Rain gear will be needed it looks like !!:fing20: 85% chance of rain by 10 am

8 am35°FShowers28°F50%92%From NNE9 mph

9 am36°FShowers29°F60%92%From NNE 9 mph

10 am38°F Rain32°F80%85%From NE 9 mph

11 am39°FRain32°F90%86%From NE10 mph

12 pm40°FRain34°F90%82%From NE10 mph

1 pm40°FRain34°F90%82%From NNE9 mph

2 pm40°FRain34°F90%79%From NNE9 mph

3 pm40°FRain34°F90%76%From NNE9 mph

#15 ·
I was there... What a washout... At first when I pulled in I thought I had the wrong date... It was empty... I did buy a nice 9" south Bend lathe for $200. from one of the few nuts standing out in the freezing snow and rain... It sure was cold... I got a ton of parts with....

#19 ·
Looks like you were the only one to go Kevin .. I was thinking about going up until I woke up Sat am and saw the rain coming down like crazy .. Bontia Joe did not go either.

I was there for the the first show in Jan. It was COLD which is better then rain any day IMO

Hopefully I will meet you .. Joe .. Kirk and other MTF guys there at the next one :trink40:

#18 ·
I didn't bother going to Stafford Springs CT swap meet either--no sense in paying 10 bucks admission and gas for the 150 mile round trip,just to get SNOWED on and stand in rain with 40+ mph winds blowing..this makes about the 5th year I haven't gone to it..there's usually a ton of great deals there..

Oh well,maybe at Thompson Speedway in a few weeks I might see something I cant live without..always some good small engine stuff mixed in there with the car parts..got some real bargains there in past years..like a NP208 transfer case with a TH-400 adapter for a spare ,for my plow truck--for 30 bucks!...its closer than Stafford is too..only bummer is I take my car to save gas,and thats when I'll see a minty tractor for cheap,that I cant haul home in it!..one thing though,that swap meet is usually a frigid one,the place is like a wind tunnel,you need to dress like an eskimo if its cloudy or windy..it's the last outdoor swap meet in new england too..November is pushing it for outdoor shows here..

#21 ·
I know I'm late in posting but I did make it there back in Oct. I think it was the worst one ever although I heard from someone that he though the club broke even. I would think that because of the low volumn of people that alot of that food will wind up in the Jan hobo stew.

Kirk

#23 ·
Looks like ok weather for the 16th. Hi 37 with a 30% chance of wet.

I'll be there. Maybe I'll bump into some of you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.