Best Chinese Brand? - Page 2 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 07-26-2006, 08:18 AM   #16
bjmad
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 2926
Default Re: Best Chinese Brand?

I own a Chinese tractor and have found no problems with obtaining parts. I have not had anything major go wrong with it besides normal maintenance. I have a friend with a Kubota and at 12 hours the back right wheel fell off when he was hauling some lime. He recieved great service. You need to go through a reputable dealer that is willing to come to your property to make repairs if you cannot do it. With any tractor, you should not be afraid to turn a wrench or get a little dirty. I have about 600 hours on mine and it runs fantastic. Just do your homework.
bjmad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #17
john withers
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 22615

Buy a good used Kubota and forget the Chi-coms.
john withers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #18
Bolder
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 34474

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddarryl View Post
Considering cost, reliability, parts etc. 20-25 HP range. Thanks.
Largest exporter from China is Jinma .... Good solid and reliable ... These tractors are shipped to the USA and other countries in SKD form ... Semi knocked down in crates.
Several USA companies assemble them, and brand them with their own name.

They should be started and run for about 30 minutes, to heat up all fluids, then a full sevice done, replacing all fluids .... we use Valvoline products...
If this is done, then they have excellent reliability.
We have clients who have used these commercially, and commonly have run up over 3000 hours ... most hours before a rebuild, is 7000 hours ... we know of 3 tractors that have reached these hours.

Service them, and house them, and they will serve you well ... join the CTOA and get other opinions.
We are from New Zealand, and get the same knockers of Chinese products here, but facts are facts, and we know they will do the hours ... Most knockers are people who have found their niche with other non Chinese brands, but we have had far more sucess wih new Chinese products, carefully researched for quality, and carefully assembled, than we ever had in importing used Japanese rice paddy tractors, that may already be 15 or more years old, and have no new parts being made for them.

Our average parts replacement cost on Jinma, YTO and DF brand tractors has been $35 per tractor, per year.
I think most other brands, regardless or which country they are made in, would not be any better than this, and probably may be a lot worse.

Dont listen to the knockers, as they usually have an axe to grind, but get in touch with the CTOA in the USA, and hear the stories from the other side of the coin.
Probably more than 20,000 Jinma alone in the USA, imported over the past 7 years.... Regards Robert / Bolder.... New Zealand and Australia importer of selected quality Chinese agricultural equipment.
Bolder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2009, 06:50 AM   #19
mark777
Administrator

MTF Member # 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolder View Post
Largest exporter from China is Jinma .... Good solid and reliable ... These tractors are shipped to the USA and other countries in SKD form ... Semi knocked down in crates.
Several USA companies assemble them, and brand them with their own name.

They should be started and run for about 30 minutes, to heat up all fluids, then a full sevice done, replacing all fluids .... we use Valvoline products...
If this is done, then they have excellent reliability.
We have clients who have used these commercially, and commonly have run up over 3000 hours ... most hours before a rebuild, is 7000 hours ... we know of 3 tractors that have reached these hours.

Service them, and house them, and they will serve you well ... join the CTOA and get other opinions.
We are from New Zealand, and get the same knockers of Chinese products here, but facts are facts, and we know they will do the hours ... Most knockers are people who have found their niche with other non Chinese brands, but we have had far more sucess wih new Chinese products, carefully researched for quality, and carefully assembled, than we ever had in importing used Japanese rice paddy tractors, that may already be 15 or more years old, and have no new parts being made for them.

Our average parts replacement cost on Jinma, YTO and DF brand tractors has been $35 per tractor, per year.
I think most other brands, regardless or which country they are made in, would not be any better than this, and probably may be a lot worse.

Dont listen to the knockers, as they usually have an axe to grind, but get in touch with the CTOA in the USA, and hear the stories from the other side of the coin.
Probably more than 20,000 Jinma alone in the USA, imported over the past 7 years.... Regards Robert / Bolder.... New Zealand and Australia importer of selected quality Chinese agricultural equipment.

Hello Robert, and welcome to MTF

Interesting information about the Jinma line...and we're not so bias as to read and NOT report about success stories either . Although this thread is 3 1/2 years old, it's refreshing to hear your, and others, reports of the tractors doing so well.

As a "Knocker", or former knocker really, I have read reports that the Chinese brands imported have increased their quality control, improved on their casting methods and parts (and service) network greatly improved as well.

It's a known fact that our consumers (in this country) bases purchases on farm equipment that is durable, highly reliable, last decades and ease of maintenance, consumables and parts availability can be performed individually. The earlier reports, unfortunately, left much to be desired about the tractor's reliability, parts support, warranties and fair resale value. It will be the next generation of perspective buyers and new owners that determine it's fate...and indeed, if the brand has improved greatly, so shall it's owner loyalty making the line more popular.

Thanks for showing us the other side of the coin.

Mark
mark777 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #20
nuffer460
MTF Member

MTF Member # 20566

Bolder, Glad to hear about Jinma's running up to 7000 hours before being freshened up. I have a 2008 NorTrac 254 FEL. It started as an experiment. I told my self that I could fix what went wrong. It has 393 hours on the clock to date. It pulls a 72' Finish mower, tows a cart to my second home and hauls wood home. I purchased a Jinma 6" Wood Chipper from Ronald at Ranch Hand Supply. It runs for 3 hours straight. The temp gauge never reads higher than 170 degrees. Built two driveways for nieghbors. I know, that I told myself, " I'll use it for home use, but go to Deere,New Holland, or Kabota if I had to do professional work". The fact is it has done several jobs and can pay for itself. I may have been lucky. If you go to the CTOA site there are some serious tractor problems out there. The people there have tons of knoledge on Chinese Tractors. It seems that 2007 Jinma started getting things right.
I think that it comes down to tractor knowledge, abillity to repair, regular maintenance, and store inside when ever possible.
John
nuffer460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #21
Paul J
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 19817

Funny how (ALL) Chinese tractors are put on the junk list, usually by people who don't do their home work! There's some junk out there, but to some peoples surprise there's some **** good tractors coming from the orient. Here's a small 60hp Foton I bought two years ago and have done nothing to it but change the oil and grease it. It'll out pull my JD of equal size and cost about 1/3rd less. It has a Perkins diesel engine that runs like a dream. The undercarriage looks exactly like a Massey. I've been told that I should have bought an American made tractor. Gee, I wonder why John Deere, Americas apple pie # 1 tractor, recently bought a tractor manufacturing plant in China and merged with a Chinese manufacture ? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out! So, to each his own.

Foton 60hp.

Here's Fotons 145 hp version and they make them even bigger! One **** of a tractor!

REMEMBER & NEVER FORGET
We all live in the land of the free
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!
Paul J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #22
dieseln
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 14162

I have a Jinma 284 28hp - bought it new in 04... 400+ hours now with no failures. I love it. Equipped with a Woods backhoe since new. Dug miles of trench and moved lots of gravel along with typ. farm chores. Only problem was 1st day a Perkins Quick Disconnect (USA part) failed and blew the hyd pump. Dealer (Tony's Tractors, North Branford) replaced the disconnect and that was it. Only mod I've done is an in-line water heater for winter starting. 20 min warm-up and it starts every time. There are a few websites that offer some real good advice about these tractors. They are very simple machines and easy to maintain.
dieseln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #23
cntractorparts
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 38994

In my opinion , JINMA is good at small tractor , from 18-28hp ; FOTON is good at 60-80hp tractor ; YTO is good at 90-120hp tractor ; TAISHAN KAMA is good at 25-55hp tractor . I know well chinese tractor .
Old 03-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #24
nuffer460
MTF Member

MTF Member # 20566

Paul J, I agree and was amazed when two of my friends and I worked on a job. One has a 30 hp hydrastat drive John Deere. The other was a "b" series hydrastat Kubbota. My NorTrac 254 (Jinma) out worked both of them. I was totally blown away with my very basic work horse. It just passed 507 hour mark and is almost two years old. Besides regular maintenance, only two small issues. Fixed both in twenty minutes. It has been very cost effective. I just moved 140 tons of crushed stone last week for another neighbor. he needed a new drive way over very soft ground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Steve Carter Stone Drive 001 (Small).jpg
Views:	266
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	97830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Steve Carter Stone Drive 002 (Small).jpg
Views:	262
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	97831  

Massey 44 w cultivators, Nuffield460 / John Deere 36A FEL

John
Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #25
javelin
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 40068

Are the chinese tractors any cheaper than say the korean tractors? The prices that I see online are about the same as a LS or Kioti around here. Maybe I am just seeing full list on the china units.
javelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #26
tulenutn2o
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 40425
Question Re: Best Chinese Brand?

Hey Paul,
I'm torn between a 404 and 704. Probably a bit big on the 704, but I've overworked tractors in the past, and one would be hard pressed to do it to the 704. I noticed you had an old ford too. How maneuverable is it compared to that? What made you decide on the 60HP? I just want to make the best decision for my money since I can buy the 704 with heat and air for only5k more than my local dealer wants for the 404.Any advice? Right now I work 10 acres,mowing/brush hoggin,loader work,some construction(load unload and gravel,etc.,box blade work, need to do some trenching,I'd like to rent a tree spade-gots to move 50 trees or so.Not sure 404 is big enough for that.Only tree spades for rent around here are 3pt or skidsteer mount.Also with the bigger one I may hire out mowing/haying pasture for neighbors down the road. Thanks.
tulenutn2o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #27
nuffer460
MTF Member

MTF Member # 20566

javelin, What size are you looking for. I bought a NorTrac 254 with NT700 Front Loader. Paid just under $10,000.00 delivered to my door. That same tractor two years later is $11,699.99. Still a good price. My neighbor is looking at a Mahindra 2516 gear transmission, front loader, and mid mount mower. The local dealer gave him a price of $15,000.00. The Mahindra has a 5 year warrenty,a better fit and finish, plus a mid mount pto. My tractor does not have the mid mount pto option. Don't really mis it though. Still it's a nice option for front mount snow blowers. Basically they are all with in a couple of thousand dollars. Frame size for frame size. If you decide to by a chinesse tractor, get it from a dealer that totally preps the tractor before delivery. NorTrac (Northern Tool), Ranch Hand Supply, Affordable they also stock the parts, for fast shipping.

John
Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #28
javelin
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 40068

They are selling LS model S3010 with loader for $12,700
javelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #29
nuffer460
MTF Member

MTF Member # 20566

That's about the same.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 05:26 AM   #30
Paul J
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 19817

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulenutn2o View Post
Hey Paul,
I'm torn between a 404 and 704. Probably a bit big on the 704, but I've overworked tractors in the past, and one would be hard pressed to do it to the 704. I noticed you had an old ford too. How maneuverable is it compared to that? What made you decide on the 60HP? I just want to make the best decision for my money since I can buy the 704 with heat and air for only5k more than my local dealer wants for the 404.Any advice? Right now I work 10 acres,mowing/brush hoggin,loader work,some construction(load unload and gravel,etc.,box blade work, need to do some trenching,I'd like to rent a tree spade-gots to move 50 trees or so.Not sure 404 is big enough for that.Only tree spades for rent around here are 3pt or skidsteer mount.Also with the bigger one I may hire out mowing/haying pasture for neighbors down the road. Thanks.
I would say that, if the extra cost of the 704 is not a hard row to hoe, then I'd go for the bigger tractor. According to the latest reports, the new 404s are a very dependable tractor. The 704s naturally will have almost double the draw bar horse power. I chose the 60 hp because of size and the fact that it was, at the time, all the tractor I needed, plus the fact that it has a Perkins designed engine. How does it compare to the old Ford 600 in maneuverability? Well, it'll turn almost as sharp, but best of all, it'll do it with your little finger. It's one of the easiest steering pieces of equipment I've ever been on. The steering is one reason the wife loves to run it. I'd buy another! PJ

REMEMBER & NEVER FORGET
We all live in the land of the free
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!
Paul J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.