Cab & frosted windows - Page 4 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room [1]

Old 12-14-2009, 02:28 PM   post #46 of 66
thetaxman
MTF Member

MTF Member # 34832
Default Re: Cab & frosted windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD GReg View Post
Well, the verdict is in.
It DOES NOT work. Oh, the bracket and mounting
were fine. Could NOT keep the heater lit while
moving. I would move just a few feet, and it
would go out. I knew this going in, that it would
be hard to keep it lit. I just didn't think that just
the tinyist bit of movement would knock the heater
out. Oh well, will try something else to keep the
windows defrosted.

JD Greg
well that sucks ! im still looking for a battery operated hair dryer or a battery operated heat gun as i think that would be perfect for defogging and deicing windshield as needed., i havent found any yet but have found many 12v ones that could plug into a 12v cigarette outlet but i dont have one on my tractor if it comes to it i may just ahve to put one in as i think this would be perfect solution, dont need to keep warm with a heater but do need a way to keep windows clear.
thetaxman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 02:54 PM   post #47 of 66
thetaxman
MTF Member

MTF Member # 34832

greg
i saw these while i was picking up my mr heater i dont think they have the automatic shut off feature like the mr buddy so maybe they would stay lit for ya.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAg#ps-sellers

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAQ#ps-sellers

http://comfortfirst.com/p-34593-cole...arry-case.aspx
Old 12-14-2009, 06:35 PM   post #48 of 66
etcallhome
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 34709

Mine is basically the same as yours...Yea you lite it hold the button for a few seconds then release button. The fame goes out but then you can see the heater turning a orange color.
Longer it stays on the hotter the heater gets.
Not sure why yours keeps going out.
Mine has a knock over feature and the only time my goes out is if out of lp or I don't hold the knob down long enough to get heater lit.
Seen where you knew this going in that heater would keep going out. Wondering if you live above 7000' seen in the manual if above 7000' it may not relight.
So I just wondering is it because of tip over or because of above 7000'
If it is tip over find a can ,funnel or something that will hold the lp tank. put a metal strap around the can and then put it up in the corner of cab and you shouldn't have the problem.

Keep us informed
etcallhome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 PM   post #49 of 66
yamadoo
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 27630

Guy's,
Good idea's

I have a cozy cab with a simple DC non heated air fan that blows on inside of windshield, keeps fog away but does create a bit of 'wind chill' by moving the air around in the cab.

I hope to create a heating system with PVC pipe system, painted JD green of course, and put a small reostat controlled fan to pull the warm air into the cab. Seems I never get enough time to putz with these projects.

Work is a terrible thing when it comes to having free time LOL.

Anyone have any success with this plan.

Mark aka
Yamadoo
yamadoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 12:45 PM   post #50 of 66
stladrill
Run ahead of the pack

MTF Member # 31914
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadoo View Post
Guy's,
Good idea's

I have a cozy cab with a simple DC non heated air fan that blows on inside of windshield, keeps fog away but does create a bit of 'wind chill' by moving the air around in the cab.

I hope to create a heating system with PVC pipe system, painted JD green of course, and put a small reostat controlled fan to pull the warm air into the cab. Seems I never get enough time to putz with these projects.

Work is a terrible thing when it comes to having free time LOL.

Anyone have any success with this plan.

Mark aka
Yamadoo
I made a "prototype" and its working great, now I'm in the process of the final result.

Here a sneak peek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Heat system 003.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	87797  

Welcome Canadians Sign in!!

(Click on the image to get there)

The information provided is without warranty of any kind. In no event shall I be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered, claimed to have resulted from use of this information.
stladrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 11:36 PM   post #51 of 66
thetaxman
MTF Member

MTF Member # 34832

well i found this site and spoke to the people there and supposedly by the 15th they are making a smaller unit designed for tractors and skid steers now this would work great!

http://www.frostfighter.com/prt2600.htm
Old 01-03-2010, 07:34 AM   post #52 of 66
LumpyB
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 19273

I ordered one of those 12 volt heaters like strecth was talking about for my cab. The other 12 volt heater that plugs into a lighter plug did not work for me. But maybe I just had a bad one.
LumpyB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2010, 08:59 PM   post #53 of 66
thetaxman
MTF Member

MTF Member # 34832

well i just finished snowblowing for about 2 hours and i am going to give a bad review of the original tractor cab, i know many are satisfied with the unit but i am not. let me preface my little rant with the fact that the tractor (2305) and blower (47 in) worked great they threw that snow whenever and wherever i wanted it to so i have no beefs with my setup, now the cab this thing leaks like a sieve i have the safety windshield and electric wiper options whenever the wind blows the snow back at the cab it comes thru every little opening and covers the operator (ME) i didnt buy a cab to still have the snowman effect now i could almost live with this but here is what has me so sour, the constant fogging and freezing up of all the windows in the cab . i know many have said that they have no problems with this but i have a huge problem i spend more time wiping windows and windshield so i can have visibility than i want to or need to , i dont know whether i am throwing to much heat off my body or what but i cant stand it, i have tried everything available ( to me anyhow ) 12v fan/defroster is a joke not enough air to defog anything let alone defrost , rainex/fogex does nothing for me either and a 12v fan to circulate air helped a smidge but not near enough. there should be enough air from all the leaks to get some sort of circulation going but i have had 0 luck. so if i cant beat em i am going to join em today i contacted my dealer about a hardside curtis cab with heater and a deluxe overhead unit that has defog/defrost and a light and accessorie buttons and other things i also am getting a wiper for front and back. i know it is much much much more than an original cab but i wont be selling the tractor till she coughs blood and i only use it for snow removal and gardening and other summer tasks around the homestead i have ten acres here and i mow with a 72in zero turn that is a beast so no mowing involved. well i am feeling much better now after my little tangent rant and will continue loving my 2305, i know others may disagree and im not trying to start arguments but the original cab is prolly good for some but just not me . i mean if your not enjoying your seat time than you gotta do what you gotta do to make it fun again. thanks for your time.

ttm
Old 01-05-2010, 05:16 AM   post #54 of 66
slkpk
USMC

MTF Member # 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetaxman View Post
well i just finished snowblowing for about 2 hours and i am going to give a bad review of the original tractor cab, i know many are satisfied with the unit but i am not. let me preface my little rant with the fact that the tractor (2305) and blower (47 in) worked great they threw that snow whenever and wherever i wanted it to so i have no beefs with my setup, now the cab this thing leaks like a sieve i have the safety windshield and electric wiper options whenever the wind blows the snow back at the cab it comes thru every little opening and covers the operator (ME) i didnt buy a cab to still have the snowman effect now i could almost live with this but here is what has me so sour, the constant fogging and freezing up of all the windows in the cab . i know many have said that they have no problems with this but i have a huge problem i spend more time wiping windows and windshield so i can have visibility than i want to or need to , i dont know whether i am throwing to much heat off my body or what but i cant stand it, i have tried everything available ( to me anyhow ) 12v fan/defroster is a joke not enough air to defog anything let alone defrost , rainex/fogex does nothing for me either and a 12v fan to circulate air helped a smidge but not near enough. there should be enough air from all the leaks to get some sort of circulation going but i have had 0 luck. so if i cant beat em i am going to join em today i contacted my dealer about a hardside curtis cab with heater and a deluxe overhead unit that has defog/defrost and a light and accessorie buttons and other things i also am getting a wiper for front and back. i know it is much much much more than an original cab but i wont be selling the tractor till she coughs blood and i only use it for snow removal and gardening and other summer tasks around the homestead i have ten acres here and i mow with a 72in zero turn that is a beast so no mowing involved. well i am feeling much better now after my little tangent rant and will continue loving my 2305, i know others may disagree and im not trying to start arguments but the original cab is prolly good for some but just not me . i mean if your not enjoying your seat time than you gotta do what you gotta do to make it fun again. thanks for your time.

ttm
So what are you going to do with the Original Cab? slkpk
It's too late to worry about it now!

slkpk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 05:42 AM   post #55 of 66
castiman
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 22004

Quote:

ttm
i have been a member for a little time now and never really posted much. I have learned alot from just reading everyones different problems and how everybody helps with different ideals and solutions. I always try to do alot of research before buying anything. For two years I snowblowed with my 2305 before i could afford a cab and knew I was going to keep this tractor a very long time so after looking at different cabs and reading the reviews on this and another site I decided to spend the extra money and get a curtis hard shell cab with heater and window fan. I live in central NY about 3 miles off of lake ontario and we get alot of wind and snow, very happy with this never had any issues this is my second season,I'm not saying this is the best unit out there but it is one of the best. Hope this helps.
castiman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 06:28 AM   post #56 of 66
slkpk
USMC

MTF Member # 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiman View Post
i have been a member for a little time now and never really posted much. I have learned alot from just reading everyones different problems and how everybody helps with different ideals and solutions. I always try to do alot of research before buying anything. For two years I snowblowed with my 2305 before i could afford a cab and knew I was going to keep this tractor a very long time so after looking at different cabs and reading the reviews on this and another site I decided to spend the extra money and get a curtis hard shell cab with heater and window fan. I live in central NY about 3 miles off of lake ontario and we get alot of wind and snow, very happy with this never had any issues this is my second season,I'm not saying this is the best unit out there but it is one of the best. Hope this helps.
and enjoy your Curtis Cab. I hope to someday have one of them myself. slkpk
It's too late to worry about it now!

slkpk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 08:08 AM   post #57 of 66
JDFANATIC
9K+ Poster

MTF Member # 41
Garage

Quote:

ttm
You could fab a heater like I have in my cab. Here's a post that covers it (3&4):

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=52500

The unit is a small radiator with a small 12V Rotron fan. The fabrication is crude but it works.

JDFANATIC
JD2210, loaded tires, 62C MMM, 210 Loader, 47" Snowblower, York Rake, PTO Spreader, Heated Cab, JD Plug Aerator, FIMCO Sprayer, Wheel Spacers, FEMCO Folding ROPS, JD Cart, Stihl MS170 and HT101, Wallenstein BX32 PTO Chipper
JDFANATIC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 10:38 AM   post #58 of 66
APinNY
I didn't do it!

MTF Member # 22011

Yes, the Original cab does let in some blowing snow, but not even close to what you would get covered with in the open. And for the price difference between the Original and the Curtis, it is well worth the money. If I lived in an area like castiman I would certainly get a Curtis cab, nice and tight with built-in heater, but for the average snowfall climate the Original cab is fine. There are many reasons the windshield might fog over inside. I have had absolutely no issues with fogging or freezing and the amount of blown snow entering the cab is negligable. My little Buddy Heater does a great job keeping me warm. All in all you will get what you pay for. If you want a perfect climate inside, and can justify the extra cost, then by all means go for the Curtis.

Kubota BX1860, 48" fine cut mulching MMM, FEL, snow thrower, cab
TroyBilt LTX 15.5, snow thrower, cab (sold)
TroyBilt LTX 13, (given away)
Craftsman DYT 4000 Special Edition, 21 HP Briggs Twin (sold)
DR Lawn Vacuum. Review here
1978 Craftsman 7 1/2 HP snow blower (backup machine-never use it)

"You will find out what that extra part is for as soon as you throw it away"
APinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 PM   post #59 of 66
thetaxman
MTF Member

MTF Member # 34832

Quote:
Originally Posted by slkpk View Post
So what are you going to do with the Original Cab? slkpk
im 8 hours west of you slpk bring your truck and disassembly skills and ill make you a helluva deal!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 PM   post #60 of 66
thetaxman
MTF Member

MTF Member # 34832

also like the jodale-perry cab but cant seem to find a distributor in my area , seems to give more room and heater is up top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.