Terramite - Page 3 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Construction Equipment A Forum for the Big Boys Toys of All Sizes (Excavators, TLB's, Dump-Trucks, Dozers, Backhoes, etc.)

Old 09-01-2009, 10:45 PM   post #31 of 37
CarlL
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 31841
Default Re: Terramite

I purchased a 2004 T9 last summer. It has been perfect for cleaning and restoring the few acres around my house. The thing is built like a tank. As a 27year Kubota CUT owner, you don't realize how really flimsy a tractor's sheet metal is until you drop a rock on a Terramite. No dents, just a little mark in the paint, from a rock that would have collapsed the tractors hood.

You get almost instant live help from the Terramite folks with any proplem. They even stayed on the line with me while I worked on a parking brake that the previous owner had installed backwards. Other than filters, haven't purchased a single part for it, and everything works. Working on it is a breeze.

The loader is really powerful for the size. Moved a 1000 gallon propane tank with it this past weekend. Pulling small trees is a one yank process with the backhoe and it easily handles septic lines and other drain lines. I don't have any trouble going up hill with a load, but you do have to understand how to work the hydro pedal. About the only thing negative about the T9 is its slow driving speed. Moving multiple bucket loads to a dump truck is a really slow process if the distance is more than a few yards. I also wouldn't run the T9, or my Kubota for that matter, without ear plugs or a hearing protector.

I was going to sell the Terramite when I finished my cleanup (should be able to get at least what I paid), but now I think I like it too much and will probably dump the tractor instead and get a Zero Turn for mowing. The Terramite handles everything else around the house.

If anyone has any questions about the "big" Terramite, I will be happy to answer.
CarlL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 11:47 PM   post #32 of 37
oneg123
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 38410

Hi Buckone. I have an Terramite TC5 and can tell you that they are very strong machines. The TC5 fnt. bucket will pick up about 1800lbs. when most machines won't come close. I have broken the front wheel spindle with a full load of gravel in the bucket and the machine still steers and works on only one front tire and wheel. I finished the job on three wheels with no problem. The only problem I have is the hoe will not turn to a 90 deg. angle but I think that the TC7 may, but one can get used to that. Also my machine is very hard to start but that can be solved with a good tuneup ( I hope). I also have the extra wide tires (all 4 tires foam filled ) in back and that gives me a lot more traction. The only problem is they stick out passed the front bucket's width so you can't hug a wall, bldg, etc. but you can't have everything there is always a trade off somewhere. These are strong hard working machines and I would buy another one if the time ever comes. Look for a tight low hours used machine and you won't go wrong. Good luck.....oneg 123
oneg123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 11:53 PM   post #33 of 37
oneg123
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 38410

Hi Buckone. I have an Terramite TC5 and can tell you that they are very strong machines. The TC5 fnt. bucket will pick up about 1800lbs. when most machines won't come close. I have broken the front wheel spindle with a full load of gravel in the bucket and the machine still steers and works on only one front tire and wheel. I finished the job on three wheels with no problem. The only problem I have is the hoe will not turn to a 90 deg. angle but I think that the TC7 may, but one can get used to that. Also my machine is very hard to start but that can be solved with a good tuneup ( I hope). I also have the extra wide tires (all 4 tires foam filled ) in back and that gives me a lot more traction. The only problem is they stick out passed the front bucket's width so you can't hug a wall, bldg, etc. but you can't have everything there is always a trade off somewhere. These are strong hard working machines and I would buy another one if the time ever comes. Look for a tight low hours used machine and you won't go wrong. Good luck.....oneg 123
oneg123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2011, 03:18 PM   post #34 of 37
jalmonjr
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 29007
Default Re: Terramite T5C

This forum seems best place to post for other I find are under “small engine”
Two wonderful working years now, and first major problem-
My T5C drive motor "White Drive RE18080400" seal leaking.
Anyone have thought on replacing the drive motor?
I haven’t found anyone locally to service it so must put on “shade-tree” mechanic hat.

Last edited by jalmonjr; 06-09-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: add model no.
jalmonjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 04:45 PM   post #35 of 37
CarlL
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 31841

1. Get a copy of the parts manual for your T5C off the internet. It should have an exploded diagram of the motor and its parts.
2. Call Terramite to discuss with their support guys. They are extremely willing to help.
3. Check with White regarding new model numbers for this motor. A lot of them have new designations and this could make finding parts easier.
4. Discuss possible rebuild or replacement with someone like Central Hydraulics at (800) 264-9571. Check internet for other repair places.

Good luck.
CarlL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2013, 02:48 PM   post #36 of 37
jalmonjr
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 29007
Default Re: Terramite T5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalmonjr View Post
This forum seems best place to post for other I find are under “small engine”
Two wonderful working years now, and first major problem-
My T5C drive motor "White Drive RE18080400" seal leaking.
Anyone have thought on replacing the drive motor?
I haven’t found anyone locally to service it so must put on “shade-tree” mechanic hat.
Wasn't White drive motor- worn hydraulic line and White took the motor back crediting me- They are good and fast! Along with replacing hose I serviced the differential and cleaned up the area underside backhoe. Next to learn how to rebuild the "rams". I'm having fun, learning things, getting lots done with T5C.
jalmonjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 07:28 PM   post #37 of 37
Aksarben96
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 30969

Hope you can post a couple of photo's of your machine .
Troy-bilt Pony Tiller
1995Toro 824 powershift w/cab, John Deere 14sbs sp
1993 Snapper 5hp mulch convert. sp.
Nebraska Winter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvqF768uDxM
Nebraska Green http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeNt_3a6OT8
Hail http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U79qL5fofQ
Aksarben96 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.