CTC LI'L Digger - Page 2 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

John Deere Forum John Deere Garden Tractor talk

Old 10-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
D-Dogg
The Magnificent

MTF Member # 20164
Garage
Default Re: CTC LI'L Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALurker View Post
Maybe I am mistaken, but I do not think the Lil Digger is supposed to compete with a loader. More along the lines of a Johnny Bucket. I come to this conclusion based only on the photos in this thread as it appears it has as much lift as a JB while the other products in this thread appear to be more "true" loaders.

Paul
Paul, either the Buford Bucket or Lil Digger are limited height loaders. Either would load over the side of a landscaping trailer. The Johnny Bucket has very limited lift (8-12" if memory serves). The OR-Bilt lifts higher than the Lil Digger or Buford Bucket, but not as high as a 44 loader.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #17
Engine_Tech
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 46741

That is cool!
Engine_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
UrbanTractor
Likes Vintage JDs

MTF Member # 38663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Tech View Post
That is cool!
ET, can you think of any reason why this wouldn't mount directly to a 140? I contacted them by email and they say it won't (no explanation).

Sergeant, what are your thoughts?

1966 JD 110 Round Fender Integral Sleeve Hitch, Model 42 Blade, Model 36 Snowthrower, Model 36 MMM, 1964 Model 80 Cart

1972 JD 140 H3 Model 54/48" 4-Way Blade, Model 43 Blade, Model 48 MMM, 542 PTO, 3-Point-Hitch, Heavy-Hitch, Model 15 Cart, Johnson Model 12 FEL (in progress), MTF Dec. 2013 Machine of the Month
UrbanTractor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #19
D-Dogg
The Magnificent

MTF Member # 20164
Garage

UT, do you know who CTC is? The same guy as IMF (Ironman Fabrication).

He used to make a darn nice full loader for the 300 series, and one or two guys had an issue with how he used a smooth bore pulley (with set screws) on a splined shaft pump.

I was able to find actually 2 owners who had an issue, and IMF and they came to an amicable solution. There may have been a 3rd with a bit of a comment on the alignment of the holes in the loader subframe to the tractor's frame, but I am one to believe a 25 year old tractor's frame could be a little tweaked or twisted.

But, to listen to the idiots who have to jump on the bandwagon, his loader was in direct league with Satan, and going around killing babies in their sleep. The poor guy took such a beating from a bunch of morons with no direct knowledge of his product or intent to buy, I am convinced that is why he stopped making "real" loaders for the 300 series. Too bad - the community lost a supplier.

I considered one myself but his loader was not quickly removable, and therefore the OR-Bilt won out. And when I told the owner that, he was perfectly understanding.

But, to finally get to my point, I would imagine the owner does not have a 140 H3 to test fit with and therefore will not even suggest it might work after the beating he took from many of us.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #20
UrbanTractor
Likes Vintage JDs

MTF Member # 38663

I was vaguely acquainted with that back story. I was seriously considering a CTC FEL back when I thought I might end up with an X748/9. But nothing I had heard/read really gave me any pause about doing business with him. I even spoke with them out at CTC in Wisconsin, and they were very accomodating.

This mini-bucket really appeals to me. I could sell my 4-way Model 54 blade, and my Model 43 blade, and probably be better than half way there. The loader would much better suit my circumstances here in urbia.

1966 JD 110 Round Fender Integral Sleeve Hitch, Model 42 Blade, Model 36 Snowthrower, Model 36 MMM, 1964 Model 80 Cart

1972 JD 140 H3 Model 54/48" 4-Way Blade, Model 43 Blade, Model 48 MMM, 542 PTO, 3-Point-Hitch, Heavy-Hitch, Model 15 Cart, Johnson Model 12 FEL (in progress), MTF Dec. 2013 Machine of the Month
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #21
UrbanTractor
Likes Vintage JDs

MTF Member # 38663

P.S. I noticed on the CTC website that he plans to re-introduce the 300 series FEL -- this time powered by domestic hydraulics.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #22
D-Dogg
The Magnificent

MTF Member # 20164
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTractor View Post
P.S. I noticed on the CTC website that he plans to re-introduce the 300 series FEL -- this time powered by domestic hydraulics.
Wonder if he needs a beta tester?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #23
UrbanTractor
Likes Vintage JDs

MTF Member # 38663

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dogg View Post
Wonder if he needs a beta tester?
And I'd be happy to test the L'il Diger on a 140 for him!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #24
Dan33Klein
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 55503

No1 is comparing them to a true FEL, I would consider the little digger similar to the Buford bucket. But the Buford bucket is cheaper and more capable. And the little digger is more capable then the Johnny bucket. All are better than a shovel and a wheel barrel. I think the Johnny bucket costs to much money for what it is. But on a tractor without two spools of hydraulics it's basically your only option. Except for a whole auxiliary hydro system. It's nice that the little digger is available, and the Buford bucket for tractors with two spools of hydros that don't need a full FEL loader. If would be redundant to by a Johnny bucket for a tractor with hydraulics. Like I said, all better than shoveling,

2000 John deere 455 Diesel.
Mini FEL
Ruegg Cat 1 Limited 3 Point hitch
60 Inch Commercial Deck

1987 John Deere 214 RESTORED
37A Blower RESTORED

1979 John Deere 317 Briggs Re Power RESTORED
54" 4 Way Hydraulic Plow RESTORED

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=178233
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=214280
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #25
VALurker
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 34235

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dogg View Post
Paul, either the Buford Bucket or Lil Digger are limited height loaders. Either would load over the side of a landscaping trailer. The Johnny Bucket has very limited lift (8-12" if memory serves). The OR-Bilt lifts higher than the Lil Digger or Buford Bucket, but not as high as a 44 loader.
Thank you for pointing out the differences. On first look, it seemed to me to be a competitor to the JB.

Paul
Old 10-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #26
esnb74
Desk by Day/Shop by Night

MTF Member # 43409

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTractor View Post
ET, can you think of any reason why this wouldn't mount directly to a 140? I contacted them by email and they say it won't (no explanation).

Sergeant, what are your thoughts?
I did notice on the OR-Bilt website that it says it fits a 300 series and a 140H3. So they says it fits. I think it is either that the others didn't have a 140 H3 to test or that they didn't want customers complaining because of the lack of PS. Some people will complain about anything even when it has nothing to do with what the manufacture made.
CC 1250 (IHC 966 Tribute build) http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=241860
Farmall H (One of the many Farmall's I grew up with)

Ford Mustang (64.5)
-
Past Equipment: JD 316, JD 318, JD 757 Ztrak, IHC 1100A Pickup, CC 3235

Remember: Freedom Isn't Free!
esnb74 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #27
Sergeant
Tech Exchange Moderator

MTF Member # 24

If It fits On a 318 It will fit On a 140 I'm actually thinking a Little digger would Look Nice On My 140H3

For the Member That Posted Here and Had Problems with the CTC Loader On the 300 well a Company Known for Loader actually Help him fix the Problem On the CTC Loader Pump for the 300 series CTC Used 1 set screw On there Pump set Up. Where Kwik-way used 3 set screw On the Pump to Hold the sheave In Place all CTC really need was to add some set screws to there sheaves On there Pumps and Your Probably would Have Never Heard a Thing wrong about the CTC Loader. Because the CTC Loaders are well Made. I Bet CTC will make a Loader for the Updated X700 series and Until Deere Brings One Out for the Updated X700 series If CTC Make One Guess what at least for the 2013 season It would Not Void the warranty. See Deere Is a Little Goofy sometimes They will allow allied equipment On there Machines More if they don't Produce it for there Own Machines themselves But Once they Produce it They want to eliminate the aftermarket Use On there Machines during the warranty Period Thatís where they get a Little Goofy Because During the Current Production of the X475 thru X700 series Deere did Void some warranties On the X700 series for Using aftermarket Loaders Before the warranty expired But for 2013 at Least they will Probably Look the Other way. As You can see today Deere Not Producing Push Mowers Thought they signed a deal with Honda a Dealer Can sell Other Brand Besides Honda at there dealerships and Deere Has Been this way since they started Producing engine driven equipment of the Own In the 1920Ēs If they didnít Make it they Look the Other way and wonít Void Your warranty
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #28
rodh
MTF Member

MTF Member # 78159

I saw that also on e-bay looks very cool.. does any one know what brand the front tires are trying to find the tred pattern on line cant seem to find it...
rodh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #29
Sergeant
Tech Exchange Moderator

MTF Member # 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodh View Post
I saw that also on e-bay looks very cool.. does any one know what brand the front tires are trying to find the tred pattern on line cant seem to find it...
Just Talk to are site sponsor Miller Tire He Can get rib tires Like that for You
http://www.millertire.com/
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #30
rodh
MTF Member

MTF Member # 78159

Awsome Sergeant, found what I been looking for...Thank you.
rodh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.