1026R realistic expectations. - Page 2 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 04-17-2012, 03:27 PM   post #16 of 34
cjdavis618
If it aint broke, Fix it!

MTF Member # 829
Default Re: 1026R realistic expectations.

Well, picked the 1026R up this afternoon and will be posting pics and videos soon. Still waiting on the 60" 7 iron autoconnect deck to come in, but somewhere in 6 to 10 days we will take it back in to get it fitted up.

Our dealer has been very good with us and the process and total price with all quickconnect options were just a hair over $20k. Plus having been to the "Drive Green" challenge, we were able to take an additional $500 off, plus take advantage of the multiple implement discount which was another $500.

Looks real good in my yard and on the trailer also..
cjdavis618 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 04:06 PM   post #17 of 34
JDFANATIC
9K+ Poster

MTF Member # 41
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavis618 View Post
Well, picked the 1026R up this afternoon and will be posting pics and videos soon. Still waiting on the 60" 7 iron autoconnect deck to come in, but somewhere in 6 to 10 days we will take it back in to get it fitted up.

Our dealer has been very good with us and the process and total price with all quickconnect options were just a hair over $20k. Plus having been to the "Drive Green" challenge, we were able to take an additional $500 off, plus take advantage of the multiple implement discount which was another $500.

Looks real good in my yard and on the trailer also..
Congrats!

JDFANATIC
JD2210, loaded tires, 62C MMM, 210 Loader, 47" Snowblower, York Rake, PTO Spreader, Heated Cab, JD Plug Aerator, FIMCO Sprayer, Wheel Spacers, FEMCO Folding ROPS, JD Cart, Stihl MS170 and HT101, Wallenstein BX32 PTO Chipper
JDFANATIC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 PM   post #18 of 34
cjdavis618

MTF Member # 829

Well, here you go. Just took it's mugshot and also got some video that I am uploading working the backhoe.

This is a pretty powerful machine compared to my hino,

Old 04-17-2012, 11:05 PM   post #19 of 34
JDFANATIC
9K+ Poster

MTF Member # 41
Garage

Sweeeet! Nice country too!

JDFANATIC
JD2210, loaded tires, 62C MMM, 210 Loader, 47" Snowblower, York Rake, PTO Spreader, Heated Cab, JD Plug Aerator, FIMCO Sprayer, Wheel Spacers, FEMCO Folding ROPS, JD Cart, Stihl MS170 and HT101, Wallenstein BX32 PTO Chipper
JDFANATIC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 AM   post #20 of 34
HydroHarold
10,000 +posts!

MTF Member # 82

"Our dealer has been very good with us and the process and total price with all quickconnect options were just a hair over $20k."

How on Earth did you swing that? Using the JD "build your own" I came out with near $25K just FEL/BH... Are there miracles out there in the Mid West? I could use one here...
HydroHarold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM   post #21 of 34
cjdavis618

MTF Member # 829

That is a good question really.

This particular machine was one that was at the "Drive Green" challenge and happened to be the first one that I drove. I spent at least 30 minutes on it that morning. They took off $250 for that from the asking price.because of the demo use (Which was mostly me, when I got it home it still had 1.2 hours on it. (Now it has 3.4 )

They quoted me $18900 out the door, for the TLB before the $250 off. Then we haggled about the implement discount and the Drive green discount. That brought it down to $17900 then we added the 60" MMM deck with autoconnect for $2600. After tax and all it was $21ish.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:27 PM   post #22 of 34
HydroHarold
10,000 +posts!

MTF Member # 82

"After tax and all it was $21ish."

Thanks for the info, but that just couldn't take place here.
HydroHarold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 04:33 PM   post #23 of 34
MacLawn
外人Geezer MTF Member

MTF Member # 6284

Looking good, cj! Did you get a MMM? What is TLB?
Dirt, it's nothing but dirt, I tell ye...

"I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major Jim

http://www.mytractorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=780993&stc=1&d=1398926  159
MacLawn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 PM   post #24 of 34
cjdavis618

MTF Member # 829

Thanks, and yes we did get the Mid mount mower but it will be a few days before it comes in. The TLB is the Tractor, Loader, Backhoe.

Looking at the yard, I could sure use it this weekend,, the bitterweed is really getting tall.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:24 PM   post #25 of 34
Larryboy
MTF Member

MTF Member # 69541

Congrats cj
John Deere 5' RB
John Deere LX4 Rotary Cutter

KingKutter Pig Pole
KingKutter Carryall

Larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 PM   post #26 of 34
MacLawn
外人Geezer MTF Member

MTF Member # 6284

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavis618 View Post
Thanks, and yes we did get the Mid mount mower but it will be a few days before it comes in. The TLB is the Tractor, Loader, Backhoe.

Looking at the yard, I could sure use it this weekend,, the bitterweed is really getting tall.
Oh me, cj, I am glad I asked about that one! I would have never figured that out! Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing more photos of that great new toy!
Dirt, it's nothing but dirt, I tell ye...

"I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major Jim

http://www.mytractorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=780993&stc=1&d=1398926  159
MacLawn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 03:59 PM   post #27 of 34
cjdavis618

MTF Member # 829

Well, again this weekend the tractor impresses me. I have been moving dirt, leveling driveway with the york rake, using the 52" ratchet Rake to clear out some brush and saplings for a fence install.

I am very pleased with the ability of this tractor to get the hard jobs done. I am waiting on my Sub compact Sub soiler to come in, but I have no doubt that the tractor will pull it based on what I have done so far.

This weekend, I needed to clear out some brush for the corner posts on a fence that I want around the yard. So I put on the handy ratchet rake and then went to town. I put on the york rake thinking I might need it, but never even used it. This thing is the perfect size for getting up into the brush and getting the job done and not being so high up and wide that it is hard to manuever in the trees and brush. Here are some pics of the progress that was made in about an hour on Sunday.

From the seat, about 15 minutes in.

From the corner of the trail where I had to make a 90 degree turn, but facing back to the tractor. This is about 40 feet to the tractor.

This is the opening completed back to the 90 Degree turn, with a comparison of the brush and foilage the tractor yanked out of the ground with ease to the right. Saplings that were as large as 1 1/2" were no match for the tractor and the ratchet rake. It just yanks them out of the ground in low gear. No added weight or anything.

On my way out, I found a friend that tried his best to get a ride on the green terror that just tore up his home.

Still, the only thing I don't like about it, no speedometer. But I'll get over that..
Old 04-24-2012, 08:33 AM   post #28 of 34
Shack
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 7021

looks like your having a blast with that new tractor, glad it's meeting your expectations. they are strong little tractors and can do a lot of work, so long as you know their limits (because they sure don't know their own limits!!)
and thanks for the pics, looks like the ratchet rake is well worth the money.

question, why is your toolbox mounted sideways? was it in the way of something?
12" landpride turn plow,
40 Gallon Fimco sprayer,
KK carry all,
King Kutter XB box blade,
King Kutter XB middlebuster/subsoiler,
King Kutter cultivator
Hesston 5 ft soil pulverizer
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM   post #29 of 34
cjdavis618

MTF Member # 829

Not really sure about the toolbox, but it works ok for me in that position. I can get in and out of it easily from the seat and don't fight with it when the backhoe is on. I am pretty sure with the backhoe setup, that it must be to the side in order to keep it on and still use it.

On the ratchet rake, it is really quite amazing how well that thing works for such a simple design. It is far better than the york rake when trying to break up settled material and smooth out high spots. I have found that the front blades are great for getting under the small saplings and using the bucket curl to break the roots out of the ground. Of course you have to use it on smaller saplings. I think anything bigger than 1 1/2 inches is best left to the Backhoe or chainsaw. But, once it is cut down, the tractor moves it with ease.

I also have started using the position control more and see the benefits of that over the 1/4"ing which I did have and see the results in smoother surface on dirt I have moved and leveled.

The greatest thing is the hydro tranny though. I didn't realize how much time I wasted before changing gears and going into reverse, back to forward and shifting from high to low, etc. It really is a 5 fold increase in productivity over what I had been using. Just being able to jump pedals and inch forward and backward with ease is a huge improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 12:20 PM   post #30 of 34
UrbanTractor
Likes Vintage JDs

MTF Member # 38663

Thanks for the photos and glad to hear the 1026r is working well for you.

Any chance of some close-up photos of the ratchet rake? It sounds intriguing but I'm not familiar with this attachment.

1966 JD 110 Round Fender Integral Sleeve Hitch, Model 42 Blade, 1964 (?) Model 80 Cart, 1965 Model 80 Cart

1972 JD 140 H3, Front-, Mid-, and Rear-PTOs, Model 54/48" 4-Way Blade, Model 48 MMM, 542 Front PTO, 3-Point-Hitch, Heavy-Hitch, 1987 Model 80 Cart, 1965 Model 80 Cart, Johnson Model 12 FEL (in progress), MTF Dec. 2013 Machine of the Month
UrbanTractor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.