Lawn Boy Part Number - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Walk Behind Mowers We all use them from time to time... no seats on them.. but they get the job done!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 AM   post #1 of 8
lawnboy82
MTF Member

MTF Member # 65931
Default Lawn Boy Part Number

Does anyone know the part number for the brush guard on a 10545 Lawn Boy? I've had several of these mowers and none of them had a brush guard but I recently got a 10545 for parts and it has a brush guard. I hate to ask but I checked on partstree and can't find the part number for the brush guard. I was hoping it would fit my 22241 that is missing it's brush guard.
lawnboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 AM   post #2 of 8
rhenning
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 4880
Default Re: Lawn Boy Part Number

I don't think a 10545 ever came with a brush guard. My guess is someone who owned the 10545 adapted a brush guard from one of the commercial LBs to his/her 10545. The reason you can't look it up is it isn't a part for a 10545. Short of knowing where the person who put it on the mower found it the best you could do is take it off the 10545 and see if it will fit on your 22241. Roger
rhenning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 10:45 AM   post #3 of 8
echoman
2 stroke enthusiast

MTF Member # 6344

That's what I was thinking without looking up the details. The 545 is the 5hp, F powered, 3 speed electric start model right? Pretty sure they never came with a guard. I had the chance to rescue one that wasn't really too bad a few years ago. Problem is, he is a small engine shop who turns over big business in the used market and repair, and he commands top dollar(too much) for his LawnBoys. I padded his wallet well about 5 years ago on one, and won't do it again except for parts. He's the guy that has a blue QuietFlite someone here wanted that he won't let go of. It will more than likely sit up in stock on one of his shelves forever and never run again.
echoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 02:34 PM   post #4 of 8
lawnboy82
MTF Member

MTF Member # 65931

thanks guys, the brush guard lines up with the holes in the deck of the 22241 but the threaded studs don't go far enough through the underside if the deck to put the bolts on. I'm stumped on this one. I guess I will just keep an eye out for a used one on ebay. There is someone that has one for the 22241 but the price is a little rich for my blood ($62 delivered).
Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 AM   post #5 of 8
LawnboyKS
Lifetime Lawn Guy

MTF Member # 47527

The 10651 is the F engine commercial that would be pretty much the same model as yours.

The issue with the bolt length could be deck thickness. my 22261 is noticably heavier than the 10525, it's Duraforce residential brother. The deck appears to be molded thicker. The 22241 is the briggs powered commercial, correct?

Now, the F engine guard is a lot different up top than the one on the 22261... The bolt holes through the deck would be the same but the wire/rod would be bent differently. Post a pic of what you have, someone will know what it was designed to go on.

-You know you have a Lawn Boy addiction when the space provided here isn't big enough to post all the models you own...-
LawnboyKS is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 11:04 AM   post #6 of 8
lawnboy82
MTF Member

MTF Member # 65931

The 22241 was only made one year (1997) it is a commercial f engine with plastic orange rear drive wheels and a three speed transmission.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:51 PM   post #7 of 8
imaLawnBoyFreak
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 5059

The guard you have is one off of a 10600/10601/22240 push model, which has the shorter "studs" on the end. The self propelled models use a longer "stud" which is the problem you ran into. You could always cut the stud and weld a longer bolt on the end.. Just an idea.
imaLawnBoyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 10:49 PM   post #8 of 8
lawnboy82
MTF Member

MTF Member # 65931

Thanks, that is a good idea and would save me some money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.