Compatability question: 44 Snowblower and an X530 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

John Deere Forum John Deere Garden Tractor talk

Old 04-11-2012, 02:50 PM   post #1 of 19
snakemed
X530 w/44blower & 48blade

MTF Member # 67985
Help Compatability question: 44 Snowblower and an X530

Howdy all!

I have read that I can mount my 44 blower (from my current X300) onto an X500 or X520. A local dealer is telling me that he doesn't think it will mount correctly onto the X530 due to the "X530 hydraulics making it different underneath".

Can I mount it on an X530 or X540? Does anyone here have this set-up already?

I have found an X530 that I'm interested in, (I like the locking differential and power steering, etc.) but I want to confirm that I can attach my 44 blower to it before I pull the trigger. Learning before the purchase is cheaper, so I'd rather know now than learn later!
snakemed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 03:03 PM   post #2 of 19
snakemed

MTF Member # 67985
Default Re: Compatability question: 44 Snowblower and an X530

Sorry guys...

I should have known the answer was already here in the forum - with pictures no less!

Thanks to PEIDeerefan for his post #2 with the answer that I needed!

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=226622

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemed View Post
Howdy all!

I have read that I can mount my 44 blower (from my current X300) onto an X500 or X520. A local dealer is telling me that he doesn't think it will mount correctly onto the X530 due to the "X530 hydraulics making it different underneath".

I have found an X530 that I'm interested in, (I like the locking differential and power steering, etc.) but I want to confirm that I can attach my 44 blower to it before I pull the trigger. Learning before the purchase is cheaper, so I'd rather know now than learn later!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 PM   post #3 of 19
PEIDeerefan
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 18351

Glad you found the answer. Had a x320 with the 44 blower, sold the x320 only and bought the x530. Wanted the 44 blower because of real tight space where I park in the heated garage. It sits where my old 40 inch Berco blower was so 44 was tighter where I pull the car in the door.

2011 John Deere X530 with 48 inch deck
44 inch snowblower, chains, 4 suitcase weights
OTC Cab and winter grill cover
2002 John Deere GX345 with 48 inch deck
Power flow bagger
John Deere #80 cart
40 inch Brinly plug aerator
48 inch Brinly lawn roller
PEIDeerefan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 04:27 PM   post #4 of 19
snakemed

MTF Member # 67985

Thanks for the confirmation, PEIDeerefan! My thinking is very similar to yours. Garage space is a concern, so the 44 versus the 47 is an advantage. Also, the 44 is slightly less weight and snow volume to push up my sloping driveway on each pass in the winter. I think that will be another advantage.

Were you able to use the same mounting hardware, or did you need to get something from Deere to effect the move to the X530? I know that I will need new chains, mine will be too small, and I plan to double the number of suitcase weights to four.

Thanks again, PEIDeerfan, it is great to have a reference point with someone that did the same tractor/attachment changes!

Looking forward to the upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIDeerefan View Post
Glad you found the answer. Had a x320 with the 44 blower, sold the x320 only and bought the x530. Wanted the 44 blower because of real tight space where I park in the heated garage. It sits where my old 40 inch Berco blower was so 44 was tighter where I pull the car in the door.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:08 PM   post #5 of 19
PEIDeerefan

MTF Member # 18351

No extra hardware required. The only thing to remember is to remove all the linkages from your x300 to install on the x530. For reference, just look over your blower manual for the parts that need to be removed. Chains and 4 suitcase weights will give you lots of traction for blowing snow. I loved blowing snow with my new setup this winter.

Power flow bagger
John Deere #80 cart
Old 04-11-2012, 07:15 PM   post #6 of 19
snakemed

MTF Member # 67985
Talking Re: Compatability question: 44 Snowblower and an X530

Excellent! Thanks for confirming the fit and for the added details! You're the best...

Quote:
No extra hardware required. The only thing to remember is to remove all the linkages from your x300 to install on the x530. For reference, just look over your blower manual for the parts that need to be removed. Chains and 4 suitcase weights will give you lots of traction for blowing snow. I loved blowing snow with my new setup this winter.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:47 PM   post #7 of 19
Haulin' Daze
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 64220

Although we didn't get much snow this past winter, the 44" on my X530 moved what we did get with ease. Same thing with me; wanted to save space and a little $$.

I had mine delivered with the blower on so I couldn't tell you about the installation, but it was pretty staightforward and easy taking it off.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 PM   post #8 of 19
bmurph44
Murph

MTF Member # 66644

Quote:
Howdy all!

I mounted my 44 blower on my X540, the only issue would be lift limitations because of the front weight bracket on the 540. Hydraulics work perfectly, like was said earlier just make sure you remove all of the lifting hardware off your 300 before you sell it.

30 Inch Tiller
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 11:16 PM   post #9 of 19
snakemed

MTF Member # 67985
Whew Re: Compatability question: 44 Snowblower and an X530

Thanks for the added confirmation and info, Haulin' Daze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haulin' Daze View Post
Although we didn't get much snow this past winter, the 44" on my X530 moved what we did get with ease. Same thing with me; wanted to save space and a little $$.

I had mine delivered with the blower on so I couldn't tell you about the installation, but it was pretty staightforward and easy taking it off.
Thanks for chiming in, bmurph44! And thanks for adding input specific to the X540 fit situation. Although I have targeted an X530, the dealers I am working with referenced the hydraulics as the challenge (commenting on the X530 and X540), so it is interesting to learn that it is the weight bracket on the front of the X540 that was your obstacle to overcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurph44 View Post
I mounted my 44 blower on my X540, the only issue would be lift limitations because of the front weight bracket on the 540. Hydraulics work perfectly, like was said earlier just make sure you remove all of the lifting hardware off your 300 before you sell it.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:16 PM   post #10 of 19
snakemed

MTF Member # 67985
Thumbs up Re: Compatability question: 44 Snowblower and an X530

All the blower hardware for the tractor frame is installed and ready for the conversion from mowing to blowing. Now, it will only involve the normal deck removal and blower connection process. I have the chains and two suitcase weights stored with the blower, so I think I am ready.

Still considering cast-iron wheel weights, if I can find a used set at a reasonable price. Otherwise, I will simply buy two more suitcase weights.

Hey, I don't want to rush winter - I am enjoying summer just fine in my shorts! (No, there won't be pictures of that).

Quote:
Old 06-03-2012, 07:26 PM   post #11 of 19
PEIDeerefan

MTF Member # 18351

Glad you got the mounting kit pre-installed and ready to go for this winter. Yes, it will be a simple change over for you. For me, what I have now is the easiest change over from summer to winter I have ever owned and it is a great setup. How are you enjoying your x530?

Power flow bagger
John Deere #80 cart
Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM   post #12 of 19
snakemed

MTF Member # 67985
Talking Re: Compatability question: 44 Snowblower and an X530

I really like the X530. It is exceeding my expectations. In particular, the power steering and the differential lock have made my mowing chores easier/better, specifically on one significantly sloped section. I am confident that it will do as well for the winter snow removal chores and that is what drove my decision to upgrade.

Quote:
Glad you got the mounting kit pre-installed and ready to go for this winter. Yes, it will be a simple change over for you. For me, what I have now is the easiest change over from summer to winter I have ever owned and it is a great setup. How are you enjoying your x530?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 AM   post #13 of 19
jim335
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 45576

Glad to hear it's working out for ya. That's a real nice machine.

I vote for just getting 2 more suit case weights. They're so easy to put on and take off.

I also would get the winter grill cover. That keeps your carb from icing up.

Enjoy!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:50 PM   post #14 of 19
snakemed

MTF Member # 67985

Good call on the grill cover, Jim. I have one already. I originally bought it for use with my previous X300 set-up. I may well end up using more suitcase weights, but I have time yet to find the cast-iron wheel weights, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim335 View Post
Glad to hear it's working out for ya. That's a real nice machine.

I vote for just getting 2 more suit case weights. They're so easy to put on and take off.

I also would get the winter grill cover. That keeps your carb from icing up.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 04:49 PM   post #15 of 19
jim335
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 45576

Quote:
Good call on the grill cover, Jim. I have one already. I originally bought it for use with my previous X300 set-up. I may well end up using more suitcase weights, but I have time yet to find the cast-iron wheel weights, too.

Last edited by jim335; 06-04-2012 at 05:03 PM.
jim335 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.