Pie weight parts/info? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 AM   post #1 of 4
ssweet9c1
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 47419
Default Pie weight parts/info?

Hey I have an almost complete set of pie weights, I believe they came off of an old 8N with a loader my dad used to have, I believe they will bolt right up to our 3000's but the one thing I am missing is the wheel stud extenders.... Anyone know where I could find a set of them? I have the center discs, and all 24 pie weights..

Also will these fit a 24" rim or only 28"?
any info is appreciated!
Jonathan
ssweet9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 06:07 AM   post #2 of 4
Dollar Bill
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 59601
Default Re: Pie weight parts/info?

They're pricey but Steiner has them: http://www.steinertractor.com/FDS118...eel-flange-nut
Old 04-07-2012, 08:10 AM   post #3 of 4
Kirk-NJ
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 9444

Mounting plate for the 24" rim is 16". mounting plate for the 28" rim will be 18". The 16" mounting plate for the 24" rim with the weights will also fit the 28" rims but not vice versa. There were about 5 different mounting plates and different pie weights. Each pie segment weight on the regular duty will weigh about 32/35 lbs. The Heavy duty will weight about 42/45 lbs. There should also be a number on the back of the pie segment and there also maybe a number on the back of the plate.
I have an extra set on adapter bolts but I'm not sure I want to sell them.

Kirk
Kirk-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 09:38 AM   post #4 of 4
ssweet9c1
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 47419

You guys are THE BEST. I believe the pie weights are the 42# ones, but that is just based on what my dad has told me in the past...

Right now the pie weights them selves are scattered around the farm adding their useful weight to all sorts of things.. I would like to get them all together and on a tractor as I am trying to phase out the calcium in our tires where I can.. It is just a PITA with our employees never changing out valve stems when they start leaking till my dad or I notice it and by then everything is all rusty... I already put wheel weights on one 3000 when it received new tires last summer.. the other 3000 is due pretty soon.
Thanks
Jonathan
ssweet9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.