Dangers of mowing - Page 3 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 03-21-2012, 04:24 PM   post #31 of 34
flash5153
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 62748
Default Re: Dangers of mowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolted View Post
My friend's son was mowing and shot one of my golf balls right into the side of his house, damaging the siding. Scared the wife...but she deserved it.
LMAO.

flash5153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 04:46 PM   post #32 of 34
Tencubed
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 31735

A stubble beater is kind of like a giant lawnmower. Neighbor was going along a fence line with his when he hit a piece of net fencing that had sneaked out into the field. This wound up in the beater and drug a pitch pine post under the machine. Before the shear bolt broke the machine shredded that big old post and there were chunks of wood all over the place. He said the back of the tractor had pieces of wood and wire stuck in several places. Good thing he was up high in the cab and protected.

The force that these objects come out from under these machines is really amazing. I always make sure the family is inside or gone when I brush hog the weeds around the place. Few hundred yards is getting into the safe zone but not by much.

Mike
Old 04-03-2012, 04:41 PM   post #33 of 34
Dragon
Handyman

MTF Member # 6544

Everyone looks at me funny when they see me wearing my safety glasses while mowing. But I was lucky years ago when I hit a piece of wood that ricocheted off some edging and smacked me right across my right eye. It hit me flat and was long enough that it bridged from the eyebrow to my cheek. Straight on and I would have probably lost the eye. As it was it felt like I had been hit by someone with a rolled up newspaper as hard as they could swing it. My eye smarted and watered for a long time.

Needles to say I have worn the glasses ever since.

I have also taken a couple of hits to my car over the years from mowers in yards as I drive by.

Wear your glasses and your hearing protection and stop mowing with the kids in the yard.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 05:05 PM   post #34 of 34
walterjay
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 69326

A few years ago I hit a pair of shears that were left lying in the lawn. The machine spat them out like a giant knife thrower. They stuck deep in the side of the house. Had someone been standing there it probably would have killed them.
walterjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.