Say a prayer for our son - Page 11 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 12-25-2011, 05:53 PM   post #151 of 207
glenn27
10,000 +posts!

MTF Member # 703
Default Re: Say a prayer for our son

Mr. Tinkerer--Prayers said agaain for your family and yourself--

glenn

Sometimes you just have to laugh..To keep from going insane!!

Jimmy Buffett
glenn27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 10:26 AM   post #152 of 207
WNYTractorTinkerer
5000 Strong & Climbing

MTF Member # 26264
Garage
Post Re: Say a prayer for our son

Spent time today reflecting on life the last few years. The last few I will regret the most and will never ever forget.. We lost a son 6 years ago and then my father the next year. A siezure caused a horrible wreck last year and as a result someone's life was lost. Our second son was taken on Christmas week last year. My aunt died the day after Christmas this year.. I'm hanging on @ work by a thread but keep putting one foot in front of the other to keep pushing on. It doesn't look very promising in the future there due to all of the market speculation and the fact that suppliers now want $$ in hand before they will send our supplies in.. I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop into the abyss.. We are still hurting and trying to keep our heads above water in the swirling waters of our present life's situations.. It is hard to imagine things can get worse sometimes but I know it truly can...

So- Please pray for one-another's health and love for one-another as we all make our way through our lives.

I also would like to thank all of the folks who have prayed for us and offered us condolences in the past year..
May we all have a great year in 2012 with our loved one's held close.
WNYTractorTinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 09:20 PM   post #153 of 207
marlboro180
Loving Life :-)

MTF Member # 37397
Garage

I pray for your feet to keep walking forward in the path of life Dave.

Brian

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2012/05/0...d-horticulture
marlboro180 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 09:00 PM   post #154 of 207
kentucky wildcat
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 49775

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTractorTinkerer View Post
Spent time today reflecting on life the last few years. The last few I will regret the most and will never ever forget.. We lost a son 6 years ago and then my father the next year. A siezure caused a horrible wreck last year and as a result someone's life was lost. Our second son was taken on Christmas week last year. My aunt died the day after Christmas this year.. I'm hanging on @ work by a thread but keep putting one foot in front of the other to keep pushing on. It doesn't look very promising in the future there due to all of the market speculation and the fact that suppliers now want $$ in hand before they will send our supplies in.. I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop into the abyss.. We are still hurting and trying to keep our heads above water in the swirling waters of our present life's situations.. It is hard to imagine things can get worse sometimes but I know it truly can...

So- Please pray for one-another's health and love for one-another as we all make our way through our lives.

I also would like to thank all of the folks who have prayed for us and offered us condolences in the past year..
May we all have a great year in 2012 with our loved one's held close.
As I read this my breath is taken away. The depth of grieving involved in your story makes one wonder at the well of strength needed to keep walking. Keep walking! It is the asking for prayer that we look for that strength, and I shall pray for you more.
kentucky wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM   post #155 of 207
WNYTractorTinkerer
5000 Strong & Climbing

MTF Member # 26264
Garage
Unhappy Re: Say a prayer for our son

Hi Geet, Yet another sad day here at home.. We just laid one of my best friends to rest at the ripe old age of 47.. It seems all I do lately is say goodbye to the ones I love and our hearts are broken just that much more every time.. I am praying for his family and that he will find you & Brian doing well in God's kingdom and enjoy his company..
Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM   post #156 of 207
oldtimer
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 4355

WNYTractorTinkerer,
I've read this thread once again from beginning to end. My wife asked what I was crying about ( not blubbering, but tears in my eyes ). I told her that one of the tractor forum's members had shown me how lucky that she and I are. Both of us have no siblings or parents left,and we don't have much, but we have one son and one grandson who make us rich, indeed. I'm so sorry for your losses, and will continue to pray that God gives you the strength to carry on.
oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 08:57 PM   post #157 of 207
walterjay
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 69326

Will pray.
walterjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 11:56 PM   post #158 of 207
bontai Joe
Citizen of Earth

MTF Member # 51

When my son was so ill in the hospital, we got to know this older nun. we all know a nun like this lady, she was maybe 65 ro 75 (hard to tell) and she had seen a lot in her life. I put her on the spot when I asked why we lost our son so young in his life. I'll share her reply as it has brought me much comfort over the years. She said, "God puts everyone on earth for a reason, that we each have a mission in life, and that my son's mission must have been completed early." It's not for me to know God's plan, just accept it on faith and know I'll see my son and learn the reason's when we are reunited. That is not to say that I don't grieve, because I do, but I have come to accept that maybe he was but here to bring my wife and me closer, maybe he was here to teach the doctors how to do better on the next child, maybe he was here just teach me the miracle of life. I don't know if what this dear old nun said will help you, but I hope and pray it will bring you some comfort.

ALWAYS remember to remove the spark plug wire from the plug before sticking your hand in the machine!!!! The fingers you save could be your own.
bontai Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 01:23 PM   post #159 of 207
Farmbear
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 69914

My the lord be with you & your family. God bless.
Farmbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 10:06 AM   post #160 of 207
WNYTractorTinkerer
5000 Strong & Climbing

MTF Member # 26264
Garage
Thumbs up Re: Say a prayer for our son

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
WNYTractorTinkerer,
I've read this thread once again from beginning to end. My wife asked what I was crying about ( not blubbering, but tears in my eyes ). I told her that one of the tractor forum's members had shown me how lucky that she and I are. Both of us have no siblings or parents left,and we don't have much, but we have one son and one grandson who make us rich, indeed. I'm so sorry for your losses, and will continue to pray that God gives you the strength to carry on.
Thank You oldtimer for this post.
We thank God for our grandkids for sure.. The circle of life is still spinning around indeed.. We still miss our boys terribly but must push on as was said many times in this thread..

Bontai Joe- We have heard that his mission was complete or it was his time many times also in the last few years.. Thank you for your post also.

We think about them a lot and we are coming somewhat to terms with it but still miss them terribly.. It just comes down to the fact that there are no guarantee's in life but death & taxes..

The Lord giveth & the Lord taketh away.. (I'm not so sure on the taxes thing though)

Take care..
Old 04-02-2012, 01:49 AM   post #161 of 207
WNYTractorTinkerer
5000 Strong & Climbing

MTF Member # 26264
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboro180 View Post
I pray for your feet to keep walking forward in the path of life Dave.

Brian
The feet are heavy today as this is the 7th anniversary of our oldest boy's death.. It was right about this time that we got the phone call from his wife and we packed up and drove to Tennesee to console his wife and kids..

I pray the boys are at peace with the Lord as we struggle through our path's till someday we may see them again..
Old 04-16-2012, 07:47 PM   post #162 of 207
deerseeker001
INT 2500 MAN

MTF Member # 48650

god bless your son and the family.
deerseeker001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 PM   post #163 of 207
oldsoldier
MTF Member

MTF Member # 44559

Prayer sent.
oldsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 07:12 AM   post #164 of 207
WNYTractorTinkerer
5000 Strong & Climbing

MTF Member # 26264
Garage

Today will be 18 months since our 2nd son left us.. As I'm rebuilding our room on the back of the house I've been thinking about him a lot as he always helped me.. A young lad in town has been battling cancer bravely for the last 7 months and finally succumbed to it Saturday morning. His parents and friends buried thier 23 Y.O. son who died of Cancer yesterday.. RIP Justin..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Justin Matusak Superman!.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	218575  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 AM   post #165 of 207
marlboro180
Loving Life :-)

MTF Member # 37397
Garage

Prayers sent for Justin's family in their time of great sadness.

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2012/05/0...d-horticulture
marlboro180 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.