5th Redneck Plow Day - Page 3 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Tractor Shows, Events, Pulls and Racing... If it Races, Pulls, or shows... post it here...

Old 01-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #31
Robert Webb
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 53133
Garage
Default Re: 5th Redneck Plow Day

IF anyone coming to this plow day event has a set of John Deere STARTER weights that they want to sell or has a lead on a set, PLEASE let me know. You can send me an email or private message through my profile.

Or if anyone of you are looking at any item in the Northern part of the state of ALabama, let me know and maybe I can save the shipping costs or save you a trip down here...lol

Thanks
Robert

John Deere 430
John Deere 425 with 54" Deck and Power Flow and MC 519 Cart
John Deere 400 with 60" Deck and Power Flow
John Deere 112 H with 38" deck
John Deere 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/ 12" extension and 3 Pt setup
John Deere 21 Cart
John Deere 80 Cart (refurbished to be used)
John Deere 22 Cart (Greens mower trailer)
54" 4 way plow
Brinly 10" Sleeve hitch plow
Brinly 12" 3pt Plow X2
Brinly 4 gang Disc
Brinly Cultivator
5 JD 400 parts machines (2 are destined to be rebuilt)
Craftsman Lawn Cart (orphaned)

Its amazing how fast the collection grows when you aren't even trying....
Robert Webb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #32
mowinman2
David in NC

MTF Member # 32099
Garage

Ok guys, we're a month away, and I would love to get somewhat of a head count. If you know you are going, or even think you might, somewhat of an RSVP would be nice as we're trying to get an idea of how much food to prepare for lunch.

Thanks.

If you dont want people knowing your business, feel free to PM me.

~~~LOOKING FOR CATEGORY 0 EQUIPMENT~~~
mowinman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #33
Robert Webb

MTF Member # 53133
Garage

Barring a natural disaster I will be there...............IF I dont show, Vince will NEVER let me live it down.......lol

John Deere 430
John Deere 21 Cart
54" 4 way plow
Brinly 12" 3pt Plow X2
Brinly 4 gang Disc
Brinly Cultivator

Old 02-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #34
mowinman2
David in NC

MTF Member # 32099
Garage

One more update from Vince...

Well guys were under 30 days now and Im getting excited! Some of you know I ride past the fields every day to and from work, and if I run to the store for a cherry pie! Today I stopped in and talked with Frank Sr and Darryl about the fields. Heres the skinny, the back fields, the ones that were in raised beds last year, the rye is up over my knees! Who would have thought that it would be this warm. So they need to turn them under soon. I asked Darryl if it could be mowed with a bush hog and he said him and his dad would talk about it. Remember this is their farm and their lively hood so were at their mercy. But the nice thing is if they turn the back fields, about 10 to 15 acres, that still leaves us all the front, and the side that we didnt even do last year. Also some of the fields we plowed last year were turned 3 weeks before we were there and the rain firmed it back up perfect for us. Im not a supersitous person, but the farmers almanac has the week and half leading up to plow day dry. So lets keep our fingers crossed, rabbits feet out, and all the horse shoes up! LOL

FOOD

Food will be served again, this year with a twist. Frank and Teresa are kind enough to BUY US LUNCH! Thats right their business Ferguson Equipment Co, will be supplying the hot dogs, chili, and something else, we havent figured it out yet. So big thanks to Frank and Teresa for this! They had a blast meeting you all last year and I know Frank cant wait to do this again.

SHIRTS
I ordered the shirts today. Wanna thank everyone for their intrest in this. We didnt end up with the amount that I had planed so there will be some there for sale, dont know how many to meet the lowest cost price.

FRIDAY NIGHT
On Friday night Id like to get everyone togeather thats in from out of town and have dinner at Golden Coral. This was really started with the first Plowday, Allen C, Jenn, Lyle B who is no longer with us, and Collin. Its kinda nice to sit around BS and get to put names and faces togeather. It has always been a good time.

DOOR PRIZES
Im still working on them. As you all know its been hard on so many again this year, seems like it been like this for the whole run of plow day, but the ones I have secured are nice. Someone is going to walk away with I know, what I think is a really cool door prize. So when you come in and see Jen for your shirts get a ticket and we will draw the prizes at lunch. The cost is still 5 bucks to get in, weather you plow or not. Operators meeting at 9am. YOU MUST SIGN THE RELEASE FORM TO BE IN THE FENCE, NO EXCEPTIONS. LETS REMEMBER SAFTEY FIRST!

WEEKEND BEFORE
If anyone would like to help out and mow the Sat before I and a few others will be at the fields to mow and get things ready.

SOME PICS FROM LAST YEAR, THANKS DAVE!
http://s1023.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Thanks Vince!

The Date for the 5TH Redneck plow day will be

MARCH 24TH 900 AM

485 GUM SPRINGS RD

TAYLORS SC 29687

Old 03-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #35
Kingwood990
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 35659
Garage

I don't think I will be able to make it this year. The 990 needs a new SSI coil and it will take all my gas money. Also I don't have the 3pt to sleeve hitch adapter built yet. Sorry guys. I will be there for sure next year.
2006 John Deere X520 with 54'' mower, HDAP's front and rear, 10'' sleeve hitch bottom plow (Sears/Brinly)
19?? John Deere 214 with 46'' mower, 43'' blade, Dads project/money pit
year unknown IH Cub Cadet 100 thanks Jon318
1973 Homelite RM-7E 30'' mower
198? Yamaha XS1100
Stihl FS55R
Stihl FS55RC
Kingwood990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #36
mowinman2
David in NC

MTF Member # 32099
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwood990 View Post
I don't think I will be able to make it this year. The 990 needs a new SSI coil and it will take all my gas money. Also I don't have the 3pt to sleeve hitch adapter built yet. Sorry guys. I will be there for sure next year.

Hate to hear that Matt. I was looking foward to taking the 990 for a few laps. It also would have been good to see you again. Next year for sure and who knows, we might meet up at a local show this year somewhere in NC.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #37
Kingwood990
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 35659
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowinman2 View Post
Hate to hear that Matt. I was looking foward to taking the 990 for a few laps. It also would have been good to see you again. Next year for sure and who knows, we might meet up at a local show this year somewhere in NC.
That will work. The 990 should be running by then. It just seems that its been fighting me the whole time. Trust me the 990 is more fun when you don't have to push. I guess pick a show and I will see what I can do about making it.
2006 John Deere X520 with 54'' mower, HDAP's front and rear, 10'' sleeve hitch bottom plow (Sears/Brinly)
19?? John Deere 214 with 46'' mower, 43'' blade, Dads project/money pit
year unknown IH Cub Cadet 100 thanks Jon318
1973 Homelite RM-7E 30'' mower
198? Yamaha XS1100
Stihl FS55R
Stihl FS55RC
Kingwood990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #38
mowinman2
David in NC

MTF Member # 32099
Garage

Just got this from Vince. Im sure his head is spinning but in reality, its just a different place for us to enter into our GPS. No big deal.

To all who plan on attending the plow day, please pay attention.

Due to unforeseen circumstances the plow day location has changed.

It will be only 20 minutes away from the original site, so no worries.

Please hold off on any questions for now. Details are being finalized and you will be informed soon.

Thank you for your understanding and patients.

Vince

Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #39
Robert Webb

MTF Member # 53133
Garage

guess the grass was too tall for the CUBs on the other ground...........lol

John Deere 430
John Deere 21 Cart
54" 4 way plow
Brinly 12" 3pt Plow X2
Brinly 4 gang Disc
Brinly Cultivator

Old 03-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #40
mowinman2
David in NC

MTF Member # 32099
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Webb View Post
guess the grass was too tall for the CUBs on the other ground...........lol
I would hate to loose one of those Deeres in the over grown grass

Old 03-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #41
mowinman2
David in NC

MTF Member # 32099
Garage

Ok guys here we go. Im going to go and talk with the manager Mon night after work and get the back room for dinner.

Golden Corral
3240 North Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, SC

Next, Frank will have hot dogs for everyone Sat for lunch. Jen and kathy are going to bake some cookies etc. As always if you want some more, bring some stuff to go with it. Ill have some drinks there but you may want to bring your own.

A little about where we are plowing at.

http://www.mybeechwo...ut_Us_GCY1.html

NEW ADDRESS: 184 County Road 526, Travelers Rest, SC 29690 Also known as Bates Bridge Rd.

Mr Ferguson was kind enough to mention the plow day to Billy, and Mike Jackson did some digging for me in a pinch and got me in touch with Billy, Thank you to both. These fields are all done and planted, except the ones we will be plowing. He is kind enough to hold back 1 week for us to come play, hes kinda really looking forward to seeing this! PLEASE be verry careful as we will be parking right next to the berries. Also there is a lot of irrgation along the road where we will be parked. Please remember, we need to keep the main road open for their tractors and what ever the thing is called that rolls the plastic and makes the beds as this is still a working farm and they will be using these roads to get to the other fields.

Those of you coming in Fri night and want to drop the trailers, Robert, Dave Adam Aaron will get you where you need to be. Ill put all the swap meet stuff near the packing house. In the past we have just put a piece of tape on something with your name and price. This way if someone want something they will know whos it is.

For those of you that got rooms in Travelers Rest, this wont be far for you at all. For those that got rooms in Greer, its going to add about 15 min on to your trip to the fields. For those of you coming from Iowa, Im cutting 50 min of the trip! For those of us stayin at the farm fri night we will figure out a spot to camp fri morning. Billy suggested at the top of the red hill, man its nice up there, you can see the whole farm from there!

The cost is 5 bucks to get in, Ill send out a copy of the waver after Billy has looked at it and feels its ok with his family. This way if you want you can print it and bring it with you. It will be easier on Jen Im sure. She will be set up next to the packing house and the lunch tent. also for those of you that got shirts, she will have them for you.

IF weather becomes a problem, Ill start sending out emails lunch time Wed and calling people so they dont get loaded for nuttin.

Ok the fields. The first one we will be plowing has been disked and Its about 8 acres. Nice sandy soil. Next the big red field, it hasnt been disked in a few years from the look of it. It will go from sandy soil to hard red clay! I dont think its as hard as that one strip at mayfield, but who knows! This may bring a good challenge for us! Also the google map is not up to date for sure looking at it. Billy says its between 6 and 8 acres. Then theres a few other smaller 2 and 4 acre tracts to plow. I know for a fact that traveling between the first field and the second field, will be a long time in the seat! But on short notice, theres not much we can do. Like Billy said if we could have seen in the future he would have saved a big bottom for us.

Remember the drivers meeting is still at 9am so please try to be there. Get there early to get the deals at the swap meet which will be directly behind the packing house right at the beginning of the driveway. Any more questions, please dont hesitate to PM me.

Heres a new and updates map of the fields;

Old 03-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #42
jwalls4x4sc
MTF Member

MTF Member # 57201

Is this event open to just spectators or is mostly for those with GTs?
Old 03-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #43
mowinman2
David in NC

MTF Member # 32099
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalls4x4sc View Post
Is this event open to just spectators or is mostly for those with GTs?
It's definitely open for anyone that wants to attend. I'm pretty sure there is a $5 entry fee whether you plow or not. There is also a waiver to sign but the more the merrier!!! Come on down

Old 03-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #44
Robert Webb

MTF Member # 53133
Garage

I guess the DEERE GANG is going to have to take care of that "RED FIELD" so the little cubbies can play in the "good dirt"...........lmao

JWalls...........if you want to come, come on, I am sure that you can find plenty of guys that will let you take their tractors for a spin.................Yours truly included!

John Deere 430
John Deere 21 Cart
54" 4 way plow
Brinly 12" 3pt Plow X2
Brinly 4 gang Disc
Brinly Cultivator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #45
mowinman2
David in NC

MTF Member # 32099
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Webb View Post
I guess the DEERE GANG is going to have to take care of that "RED FIELD" so the little cubbies can play in the "good dirt"...........lmao

JWalls...........if you want to come, come on, I am sure that you can find plenty of guys that will let you take their tractors for a spin.................Yours truly included!
Ill take the good dirt any day so that sounds like a plan to me!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.