My Tractor Forum banner

New ingersoll 222 owner with questions

6K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Ingersoll444 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Just purchased a used 222 on Ebay. I had been looking for a case/ingersol to replace my 02 sabre 1642. I need something that can take the rough terrain that i have on the property. I have always been a admirer of the case/ingersoll tractors for their lack of plastic ect.
I have been scouring the websites trying to find out what implements will fit on the 222 without much luck. Will older and newer implements fit. How about putting 400 or 4000 series implements on my 222? From what i can tell the only diff between the 200 and the 400 is tire height and maybe length?
Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.
Guy

#5 ·
WELCOME tallyhoe!!!!!!!!!!!

Think you will LOVE your new tractor!!!!!!

As for attachments? Just about anything that will work on a 400 searies will work on your 222. When Ingersoll went to the 4000. and 3000 searies, they made some changes, and some things will not work.

I have a 224 what is just like yours but has a 14hp insted of your 12, and I have a 444 what is the , I will call" the big wheel tractor. I swap things back and forth all the time.

Any other Q's dont hesatate to jump in and ask.

#8 ·
Thanks everybody,
Thats just icing on the cake that most things will fit! I will post some more pics when i get the tractor home. I will be selling my Sabre to fund a new seat and maybe finding a blade. Thanks for the link to the seats, i had already been looking without much luck....

#10 ·
Sure will,
Can you do light grading work with the blade? I would like to have some gravel dropped off, maybe 10 yards at a time.
Is there anything that i should plan on doing to the tractor this spring like changing the hydo fluid ect. any weak points that i should address? Im kinda of a maintainance freak. Comes from hanging out with my Grandfather when i was young. Nowadays there isnt any zerk fittings. Man i love zerk fittings. lol

#11 ·
Me and my wife moved two dumptrucks of dirt with this blade on my 224. OK a loader would have been better, but it worked good.

As for maintance. Ya you realy want to change the hydro fluid. there is no filter in the system, and who knows what is in there, so that would be the first thing. Ingersoll recomends 20w40 but thats hard to get, so most owners are running 15w40, or 20w50. being you are in Mane, and its winter I would go 15w40. Other then that its normal maintance stuff. Grease fittings,[yes it has them]engine stuff, and small repairs you will more then likly need to do.

#13 ·
TallyHoe,
Yes welcome to MTF. This is a fantastic site and the 222 you will love. Case/Ingersoll made a fantastic tractor. I have the loader tractor myself. As Paul stated first thing you definitely want to look at is the trans. You'll definitley want to change the trans fluid and hydro fluid. Even if the previous owner says they did it, trust no one. You will be happier in the long run knowing you did it yourself. if you need anything just let us know.

Bob

#14 ·
thanks for the trans hydro info. I found an online manual in PDF format. I havent even picked up the tractor yet and im already looking all over for attachments. I think the GTO project is going to sit on the side while i play with my tractor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.