My Tractor Forum banner

Plans to build homemade enclosure for JD

26K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  thebanjoman 
#1 ·
Guys any help would be appreciated I need to get a snow cab enclosure built for my John Deere LA 105 before my face falls off. This snow up here is non-stop lately and killing me. I hope I can build one much cheaper than what they want for them new and the satisfaction of doing it myself. So I am asking if anyone has any plans,pics,or videos, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again

#12 ·
if you're in the market, on a budget & handy with a grinder & welder, get an older all steel cab (been seeing them from $100-$500 - paid $125 for mine)
I modified a cozy cab off of a cub to fit my ariens gt 14 -this is an all steel cab with real windows, which is a real nice feature - I don't have any pics yet, but plan to take some after I get it painted (orange of course) - I also installed a roof mounted stereo system, aux. lights all around, a heat system, & a blower for the windshield (cab came with windshield wiper) - wouldn't be without it - sure beats a face full of snow!

#13 ·
#20 ·
There is this...

http://www.shopgreendealer.com/johndeerel100100andla100seriesweatherenclosure.aspx

but it looks to me like to me there is no back on it and there is a large open space in front of the steering wheel that would have to be addressed for a total enclosure and you wouldn't be able to have heat. (Unless you wired your shorts to the 12V plug :fing20:)

After the winter we've had down here in VA this season. (72" from Dec till now, we normally get around 12" total) I've been thinking of the same thing.

I'd need something collapsible to put away over the summer and would have to add to cover the open spaces but I know I couldn't build one for this price if I calculated in my time for fabricating it. Time is something these days I don't have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.