My Tractor Forum banner

Different Manufacturer Attachments for Simplicity Conquest?

13K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Fcubman 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I am finally getting used to my Conquest(06 model). So, I wanted to know if I bought the Subframe/Hitch from Simplicity, would I be able to hook up a Agri-fab Aerator, Dump Cart, Tiller, etc...

In fact, would I be able to hook up any other manufacturer's equipment to Simplicity's Subframe/Hitch? Is there a list out there?

I looked on Craigslist and could not find any Conquest attachments in NJ. So, I figured if I can purchase Agri-fab, I might be able to save some money.

Thanks,
John M.

#2 ·
Most areators, carts, and aftermarket tillers just pin onto the hole on your rear hitch. You don't need a subframe. If you're talking about a sleeve hitch, you only need that for lifting implements like 1 bottom plows, disc harrows, and boxblades, all of which are universal and fit any sleeve hitch. They can be bought at HomeDepot through special order and many other outlets as well.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. I do not have much of an idea, so just trying to understand what I would need.

What is the subframe for? Also, I could not find on Simplicity's website anything about a rear hitch for a Conquest.

Summer Attachments that I am interested in: dump cart, aerator, snow blade
Winter Attachments that I am interested in: snow blade or snow blower

So, for the summer attachments, the rear hitch should be enough?
How about for the snow blade? I guess this is where I would need a front hitch.

Sorry for so many questions, but just wanted to learn.

Thanks,
John M.

#4 ·
The subframe is for mounting a blade, snowblower, etc.
The rear "hitch" is just a hole in the tailpiece for towing a trailer or self-powered equipment.
The sleeve hitch is something I can't help you with, sorry.

#5 ·
I think what they are saying is that there should be already a simple rear hitch "hole" at rear of tractor down low, dead center. Mine has that too.

What's weird about mine - and wow, you think you have questions - mine has this special hitching stuff at the back and I have no idea what to do with it. It's specially designed for a bunch of attach's and a lift also.

So, your questions are good ones and are helpful for me too. Even tho I believe mine is different, I too can use similar "summer attachments", cos the simple hole hitch is there as well. My tractor is a 1977 - things have changed. I have been told mine is a three point of sorts - but it's made to match Simp attachments - I will learn this later; got other things to maintain for now.

So yes, you could grab those goodies and go.

Good to see you learning more about your tractor - I learn something every day about mine too. I have to; I have to go through it all and rebuild a deck too. Time. It all takes time.

Thanx for the thread. ;) I am quick to say that there are no stupid questions; but I seem to find a way regardless. :ROF
And then there's some of the other comments I make. :rolleyes:

#6 ·
I, too, have a Conquest, and am interested in learning more about what's available for it.
Good thread, I've subscribed to it.

#9 ·
All the pull behind attachments are pretty interchangeable and are simply using the little hole on the rear tongue of the tractor. Some attachments have larger holes than others, so you may need a few different sizes of hitch pins (they are a few dollars at a tractor supply store).

Note that some attachments can put quite a bit of load on the transaxle - for instance a very large core aerator will be heavy to pull fully loaded up. The Conquest though has a heavy duty transmission and should be good for most of the things you can hook up.

A sleeve hitch is kind of a lower end 3 point hitch. It is used specifically for attachments that needs to be lifted off the ground and do not have wheels. This would be items like a plow, scraper blade or box blade. These are attachments that will be heavy to pull so the sleeve hitch also has a larger attachment pin to accomodate the extra strain. As mentioned above the sleeve hitch attachments are also interchangeable between brands as they all meet a set standard for attachment points.

The subframe is used for the snowblade and the snowblower. It is also sometimes called a ladder hitch as it looks like a ladder laying flat. It is made to transfer the forces from the blade to the rear axle of the tractor to avoid buckling of the frame if something hard is hit with the blade. It also helps distribute the weight over the tractor when the implements are lifted.

Sorry for the long narrative, hope this helps though.

Edit: sorry to throw 3 point hitch in there. That really only applies to older large garden tractors and newer subcompact and up tractors.

#12 ·
The subframe is used for the snowblade and the snowblower. It is also sometimes called a ladder hitch as it looks like a ladder laying flat. It is made to transfer the forces from the blade to the rear axle of the tractor to avoid buckling of the frame if something hard is hit with the blade. It also helps distribute the weight over the tractor when the implements are lifted.
Thanks for the Info Alan... So, for the winter I was thinking about the Snow blade/Snow Thrower. I live in NJ, so get like 3 to 4 storms a year. I did not want to pay over a $1000 for a snow blade, subframe, and hitch. The snow thrower is even more expensive. Do you know if we have to buy the snow blade and hitch from Simplicity or can we use an aftermarket one from another manufacture?

Does anybody have a snow blade/snow thrower on their Conquest? Would also love to hear from you...

Thanks,
John M.

#10 ·
I have a Conquest also. From what I have been able to determine, Simplicity does not encourage ground engaging attachements such as Moldboard Plows, cultivators, disc etc. on a Conquest. These attachments are pulled through the ground and require an extra heavy-duty transmission and good traction. They ususally attach with a special hitch. This is why they do not show a 3 PT hitch or a Sleve hitch accessory in their catalogs for the Conquest. They prefer you move up to the larger tractor (Legacy) for these tasks. You can get a rototiller and plow/dozer attachement but that is about it as far as ground engaging equipment from Simplicity. The tiller from Simplicity for the Conquest is driven by the Conquest's engine through a PTO. If you get the Simplicity tiller, you will also have to purchase the attaching and lifting rigging and PTO, belts (subframe)etc. Some after market companys such as Sears and Agrifab offer a tiller that can be towed like a dump cart because they have their own power source such a s 5hp gas engine. I think there is an open forum going on currently about the pro & cons of such a tiller attachment.

The attachments you show in your picture are simply towed behind the tractor. These types such as a lawn sweeper, aerator, or dump cart can be purchased from any manufacturer. These are attached to the rear of the tractor using pin and retaining clip that goes through the hole located at the bottom of the rear plate between the rear wheels at the back of the tractor. You will have no issues hooking these attachements up and pulling them around. You can sometimes see these attached to a tractor on display at a retailer like Lowes or Sears.

#11 ·
If you really want to pull a garden plow you can look into buying the sleeve hitch kit for a Prestige (deluxe version of the conquest) from the Simplicity Dealer and install it on your tractor, I suspect everything will mount the same, the main difference is that the Prestige has a serviceable transmission but the trans in the conquest is rated as plow capable by its manufacturer. As for front mounted implements you will have to buy genuine Simplicity attachments from the Simplicity dealer unless you are good at making major modifications.

#13 ·
You can buy an aftermarket snow blade from a company called Johnny Bucket. They make a front end scoop bucket and plow for the Conquest. Both are operated with electric motors which makes them better than the factory manual models. I believe the plow can be purchased for about $900-$1,000. But like I said, it has electric motors to move it up/down, left/right so it is better than factory. Go to "johnnyproducts.com" for the details. I have been thinking of getting the johnnybucket jr front-end bucket for my Conquest.

MarkT

#14 ·
John M.
I am thinking you might be able to use a used Simplicity snowblower, might require an adaptor - someone else would know more about this than me.

But a used snowblower is pretty cheap. about $150-300.

You would also want tire chains for snow - turf tires will spin.

#16 ·
That's impressive. If you get caught between a house and a garage, you just blow it right over the roof. :ROF

I really dislike plows - they leave ugly piles everywhere. Blowers scatter snow, and leave clean cut walls where they were used. I also think the scattered snow is better for a lawn - come springtime, less winterkill.

#18 ·
A used front blade is another option. If you can't find one for a conquest you can order the correct subframe (likely around $175-$200) from your Simplicity dealer, then find an older blade from a Landlord or broadmoor, non-spring trip, for around $100 or less, then just pin it to the new subframe and you're good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.