My Tractor Forum banner

FORD 1952 Golden Jubilee

13K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  1948Ford8N 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me about what a 1952 ford golden jubilee tractor is worth? It belongs to my father who is 87 years old and decided he would like to sell it and equipment with the tractor.He has owned it for at least 25 years and it has always been kept under a shelter and is in very great concition.Engine runs good and does not smoke.The lift is very strong and it has 1 new tire on right rear.The other tires are about 8 years old.Just looking for a guess on the value....Thanks

#2 ·
Not to pick nits, but...

Although the tractor may very well have been made in 1952, ALL (true) Ford Golden Jubilees were made for the 1953 model year.

That aside...

I saw a Jubilee in good running order (looked a might sorry, cosmetically) sell for $1300 at an aucition in March.

I've seen immaculate "trailer queens" sell for about $3500.

Anywhere between those 2 figures should be about right...

Hope this helps...

#7 ·
mhb@ufe said:
You should post a list of equipment as that could make a big difference in the value. Pictures would help alot too.
:ditto:

I forgot to mention the equipment. The numbers that I "quoted" were for the tractor, only. Implements would add to the value...

I don't want to insult anyone, but...

Here're a couple of pictures...

The first is an 8N. 8N's were made from 1948-1952.

The second is a Golden Jubilee. Golden Jubilee's were made in 1953. NAA's were made in 1954 and were (for all intents and purposes) identical to the Golden Jubilee, with the minor exception of the 'badge' on the nose of the tractor.

(P.S. These pictures were "borrowed" from John Smith's most excellent website . Stop by and visit him.)

Attachments

#8 ·
Hi Steve,
I believe the statement that "all Golden Jubilees were made in 1953" is incorrect. According to yesterday's letter from Peter, owner/administrator of Tractor Data, there were a number of Golden Jubilees produced from September '52 through Dec '52 to be on showroom floors for the 1953 year, same as cars were introduced in the fall of the upcoming sale year. My '52 , ser # NAA 00358 was produced in '52 and still supports what appears to be the time and use battered Golden Jubilee nose cone medallion. Irregardless, the N series tractors were and are great little work horses.

#11 ·
Hi Steve,
I believe the statement that "all Golden Jubilees were made in 1953" is incorrect. According to yesterday's letter from Peter, owner/administrator of Tractor Data, there were a number of Golden Jubilees produced from September '52 through Dec '52 to be on showroom floors for the 1953 year, same as cars were introduced in the fall of the upcoming sale year. My '52 , ser # NAA 00358 was produced in '52 and still supports what appears to be the time and use battered Golden Jubilee nose cone medallion. Irregardless, the N series tractors were and are great little work horses.
And if you bought a 1953 Chevy, would you call it a 1952??

#9 ·
Also, another minor correction. The official model name of the tractor was the NAA for both the 1953 and 1954 model years, at least the gasoline engine models were called NAA's, and they actually made an identical tractor for those same two years called the NAB that was powered by kerosene.

1953 was the 50th anniversary of the Ford motor company (not the tractor division), and they put a badge on the nose of the 1953 NAA model tractor that said "Golden Jubilee Model" because another fancy name for a 50th anniversary is "Golden Jubillee", but the actual model of the tractor was the NAA.

#13 ·
Yes, absolutely.

A number of my vehicles have been built late in the previous year but referred to as the following year......IE: A Ford F250 "built" in December 2003 will very likely be titled and sold as a 2004. My 1957 Nash Metropolitan was manufactured in England in late '56 but sold as a '57. Oddly enough the Nash was built in England but sold by AMC (American Motor Company), a unique history on this charming car is worth the read.

It was so common if not the rule of thumb for the "next year's model" to be offered to the public in September. Now a-days the marketing geniuses in the automotive industry are offering new model cars/trucks more than a year ahead of time. I have seen advertisements already for 2017 models. Getting a bit carried away me thinks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.