My Tractor Forum banner

Homemade Cab Enclosure

12K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  deltaroc 
#1 ·
Thanks to all of you who gave me input, links to follow etc. I have just about finished my cab enclosure. I thought I would share some pictures. The frame of the enclosure is made from 20 gauge sheet metal bent into a 4" x 1" three sided channel. The rear is 20 gauge sheet metal, the sides and top are 1/4" luan plywood, the windows are all 1/8" acrylic. Pop rivets were the main fastner for all joints. I fashioned two brackets to hold the enclosure to the fram of the tractor right behind the front wheels. It looks OK and I am pleased, we shall see how it goes once we have some more snow which may be tomorrow evening. My son is inside the cab showing off.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice work and the cab looks great. Looks like its open in the front under the windsheild. maybe you can put a peice of cloth or rubber or something there to keep the wind out. The wind might not be too bad though if it cant flow right through.

#8 ·
Looks great...sure didn't take you too long, not even a week. It looks like an oem type cab. That should keep the wind and snow out.

#9 ·
Looks fabulous! But (please don't get angry here) how are you gonna get fuel in it?

#15 ·
Nice work! Looks factory made! :)

#18 ·
The doors latch with a hook and eye, I am going to design a better means of latching the door, something similar to an old jeep CJ soft top door latch. The door is not removable, it is attached with a piano hinge pop-riveted every 3 inches or so. The whole cab can be removed in under 10 minutes, it is a matter of removing 8 bolts.

#23 ·
I used Luan plywood for the doors. If you were close enough to the cab you would notice the wood grain slightly peeking out through the paint. I should have used some sanding sealer before I painted, however, I was in a rush to get it done.

Thanks for the compliment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.