My Tractor Forum banner

Deck Compatibility for JD 318

11K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RustyRedneck 
#1 ·
Howdy again everyone!

I have access to a couple of newer / slightly larger mowing decks ... but don't know if they will fit on my (new to me) 318.

* 48" deck for GT or LX model
* 54" deck from a GT245
* 42" deck for L110 / L120

Can anyone tell me if these would work on my 318?

thanks in adavance for your help !
Jesse

#2 ·
JD makes a 48" repleacment deck, it is basically a new style deck with 318 mounts. I don't know if it is just brackets or if the deck mounts are different too. I have one of the 48" replacement decks for my 318. It mounts and works great. But I don'ty know anything about the mounts or other tractors.

#3 ·
#5 ·
The plot thickens ... I have a chance to get a 48" deck (really good shape .. new blades / bearings) that came off a 1973 JD 140 H1. Anything good or bad about this deck ... any idea what a good price would be for it. (No dents / welds / repairs ... very straight).

I notice it doesn't have gauge wheels on the front ... only the back. I don't see why I couldn't weld on the gauge wheels from an old rusty deck that I aquired with the purchase of my 318? right?

Thanks again !
Jesse

#6 ·
Anything can be made to work if you are good enough at fabrication :fing32:

#9 ·
I know the 320 is a bit of an odd ball from the 300 series but would the deck from a LX188 fit the 320? My Dad has a 320 without a deck and has access to an LX188.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.