My Tractor Forum banner

1086 International Clutch

10K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Cowman67 
#1 ·
:MTF_wel2: I am A displaced Hog farmer that has worked at our local hospital in engineering for past 15 years. I am getting back into ag in a small way. I used to have a 1066 international that used to be a very dependable workhorse. I am looking at a 1086 with 7500hrs on. It has a few issues I can repair myself. No water in oil and little blow-by. Clutch & TA seem to work OK, but I noticed that the transmission Lite comes on when clutch is engaged. The guy selling says thats Normal on a 1086. I plan to put a loader on it and will use it quite a bit that way. Am I going to have a problem. All feedback welcome. thks Old Wore Out Pig Farmer

#3 ·
Yes it is normal for the trans light to come on when you push in on the clutch.We have a 3788 and the clutch is harder to push down when tractor is not running and you feel the pressure release after is starts and is running that is normal atleast on the 3788.

I am not sure if you would loose lifting capability with the clutch depressed or not on a 1086?I think it is still a live pump if it has the hydraulic flow controls for each remote I would think it would be?There located down near the floor on the right side on the hydrauilic console.

The biggest thing I do not like with the 86 and 88 series tractors is the shifting is hard.You really have to get mean with the selectors.We added a slick shift to ours.It a device the shifter makes contact with and presses a button and it takes away some of the grind you get.Shifting forward to reverse on unlevel ground can be agrivating.

The 1086 was a reliable tractor and there are still a lot of them around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.