My Tractor Forum banner

Jinma 284 FEL problems

12K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  KTractors 
#1 ·
I am having an issue with my FEL. It only seems to work when you turn the steering all the way one way or the other , or hold the valve lever in one position for a length of time. When it does work it was real jerky. I took the valve body for the loader apart and cleaned it as well as the valve that is between the steering and the loader. Found nothing. Any suggestions ?

I replaced the pump at the end of last year., about 20 hrs on it since. I removed all the ball checks from the quick connects. The 3PH works as it is suppose to. I don't have a fitting to put install a gauge yet.

#2 ·
:MTF_wel2: , b dukes!!

Check the fluid level.

"Jerky" was the clue. The pump is not picking up enough oil and is only flowing in spits and starts.

It is not a good idea to remove the checks in quick connects. Put them back! If you disconnect the FEL, you'll lose fluid from the tractor and the FEL lines while it is off, not to mention if you cycle the valves with the engine running. Then there is the matter of getting dirt in open fittings.

The 2 primary killers of hydraulic systems - dirt and heat.

#3 ·
This is a new to me tractor I bought. The FEL was not working properly when I bought it. I serviced the tractor , changing all the fluids., so the fluid level is fine. The steering and 3PH work perfect and smooth. I plan to remove the QC as soon as I get my problem fixed. One of them came unhooked and damaged my pump , that is why I removed them.

#4 ·
Check the integrity of the suction line from the reservoir to the pump. If it is sucking air, the same symptoms will occur.

The same symptoms will be there if that line collapses when the engine is running as well. Ditto a loose filter, but that will show as a leak with the engine off as well.

#5 ·
To try to isolate my problem I disconnected the FEL from the tractors hydraulic system.I found some fittings today and installed a gauge between the pump and the priority valve. The only high pressure gauge I had was for 10,000 psi. When I cranked the tractor I could see about 100-200 psi. at idle. When you move the steering or the 3PH it would climb to about 1500 psi. at the most if deadheaded. Where is the relief valve for the system located? Is there a better place to check system pressure. According to the manual I should see about 2250 psi. I should see the rated pressure that the relief valve is set on at the pump discharge if it is set up like most hydraulic systems. I am beginning to think the problem is in the tractor not the loader at his point.

#6 ·
The first component that hydraulic fluid should see after leaving the pump is the relief valve. The second (optional) component is the pressure guage.

You chose the best place for the guage, and it appears that the relief is set a bit low. It is still high enough to make good use of the FEL, just not maximum use.

I don't know precisely where the relief valve is located, but it will be in the transmission close to the pump and the port supplying the system. It should have a hexagon head.

Pressure guages are most accurate at midrange. Yours may be off to some degree at that low pressure reading. If you can, check with a 3000 or 5000 psi guage for better accuracy before tinkering with the pressure setting.

Check that priority valve if the loader hasn't worked correctly since you purchased it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.