My Tractor Forum banner

L-106 Lawn Ranger

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Redyserve 
#1 ·
:thanku: Just got another horse...from what I can tell it's a 1966 Lawn Ranger. The engine has ben swaped out though. I think its supposed to have a 6hp Tecumseh but someone has put a Kohler k161-s 7 hp engine on it. Everything else seems to be there. It has the 32 in. deck. I would like to put it back original but i'm very fond of the Kohler engines. This engine has the starter/generator which takes up a lot of room. When I got it the fuel tank had been remounted on top of the hood with a bungie cord. Looked primative but it worked. Anyone have any thoughts on an original engine or can I change the generator out to something else?

#2 ·
The parts to make your Kohler pull start come up on Ebay fairly often.

#3 ·
I'd rebuild it with the Tecumseh, trying to keep it as original as is practical. I favor Kohler too, but this machine needs the Tecumseh, then you got a nice little showpiece. May get an offer on it too, lotsa guys looking for an unmolested roundnose. :eck34:

#4 ·
Tecumseh makes a engine 6 hp with the charging coil in side the engine Ive got one on one of mine it looks just like the correct engine but doesnt have the dioed board on the out side of the engine.
Other than that look on Ebay look around and you can find one may take some time but they out there about three years ago I was looking for one and found about four good engines all complete.
they used the 6 hp on the 1962-1968 rangers
good luck

#5 ·
Anyone know if there was a mowing deck adjustment on the L 106, or is it one height only?

#6 ·
The back wheels on the deck should move up or down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.