#1 ·
Hi
I have brand new mid mount grader blades available for the tube
frame tractors. These are not exact replicas because the original
linkage would not allow it to work on the hydro models or any model
that has the sheet metal side covers over the frame. I made my own
linkage that works on all of the tube frames ever made (to my
knowledge).
If you are interested I have one on E-Bay item number 230297389210.
You can see it mounted in the middle and the overall kit. This kit
comes with the mid mount, rear mount and front mount along with all
of the associated lift linkage. I also added a handle to the top of
the blade so you can pivot the blade with out leaving the seat. The
blade has 3 preset angles and can spin 180 degrees with 3 presets in
the reverse position as well.

Models: All Tube Frames
Type: Mid Mount Grader Blade
Price: $275.00 + Shipping

Please feel free to call me with any questions.

Kelly Opal
440-653-1111

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
Hi
It's my understanding that the Model 14 FEL fit several different brands of tractors. I will contact the manufacturer (yes they are still in business) and see if I can get the original docs. They helped me with the Bolens ones, so I see no reason why they wouldn't. The only difference should be the mounting brackets. The problem is that I do not have an old JD to test fit it.

If you live in northern OH and are willing to let me fab a prototype on your tractor I would do it for the cost of materials only.

Thanks

Kelly Opal
440-653-1111

#6 ·
:Welcome1: Good to have you on board!! Aren't you also making mid-mount blades for the Bolens Large Frames, Kelly? It seems that there is a market for those too, based on what others have said here in the past.

Doug

#7 ·
Hi Doug
Yes I am. I have not got them to the point where I would put my name on them. I want to be able to offer both a power angle and a manual angle. That way I will fit all of them. I am also working on an aux hydro system for my 1455 that shoul look close to factory (2 handles instead of 1) and hopefully fit the 1250 as well.

Kelly Opal
440-653-1111

#10 ·
Hi
This is what I have available now and coming soon.
Tube Frame
Johnson Model 14 Front End Loader Replica $2000.00
Mid Mount Grader Blade $275.00
Soft Cab (your chose of color) $475.00
Sleeve Hitch with original style lift arm $125.00
Complete mower deck lift linkage Parallel arm style (including level adjuster) $125.00
Snow Blower chute standoff (holds the chute crank) $45.00
Snow Blower chute crank and universal block $25.00
Individual pieces are also available. I will have the complete price list on my site www.newbolens.com if I ever get it done.

For the large frames I have the following:
Johnson Model 14 Front End Loader Replica $2000.00
Soft Cab $500.00 (Only because of the extra canvas) Available 11-1-08

Coming soon:
A hydro lift kit that is almost identical to the original. The only difference is the the control valve is not built in but rather bolted to the pump mount. Price should be in the $350.00 to $400.00 range.
A dual hydraulic conversion for the 1455, 1476, 1477 and 1250. Price coming soon
I have the power steering unit done, but I had to machine the control valve. It would cost $800.00 or better if I have to machine each one. I am working with a local casting shop to get the patterns so I can have them cast. That should bring the price down to about $400.00 to $500.00. It all really depends on how much he charges for the castings and what kind of volume discount I can get.
I have a backhoe and post hole digger on paper but have not even started the cardboard mock up yet, so I am not even going to guess at the costs right now.
I have everything I need to make a hard cab for the large frames except the time right now. Hopefully by Christmas.

Thats everything for the moment. The company I work for is being bought by another company, so as of 10-31-08 I should have a lot more time to devote to the Bolens projects. Please remember that I build this stuff as it is sold so please expect a 2 - 3 week lead time. Everything comes with a written 1 year warranty on materials and workmanship. I will basically fix it if it's broken unless it's obvious you ran it over with a dozer. I take great pride in making them to the same standards as the original pieces where.

Thanks

Kelly Opal
440-653-1111

#11 ·
Wow! It is great to see someone making equipment for our much loved tractors. As the owner of eight tube frame Bolens tractors it would be great to dress them with some of these attachments. My biggest problem is that I live on the wrong side of the pond where attachements are even more rare than the tractors. Any thoughts on shipping to the UK?

Looking forward to more pictures and the website. :wwp:

Keep up the good work
Iain.

#13 ·
Lain
UK, HMMM! I can honestly say that I had not given any thought to shipping over seas. Most of the stuff is small enough that I don't think it would be any problem. If you want to give me your address I can give you some example shipping costs.
As far as the big stuff goes though it could get real expensive real fast. I will give you an example cost for the FEL just for the heck of it. It does break down rather small but is still rather heavy.
On a side not i started on the web site and should have something to show everyone by mid week. It will be far from done, but you will be able to see some of the finished products as well as some production shots.
I got prices back today on wheel weights. i have patterns for 25, 50, 75 and 100 pound 12" rear weights. The cost was a lot higher then I had hoped. $1.79 per pound so a standard 50 pound weight would be $89.50 plus shipping for each side and that's without and paint. Add $10.00 to paint a pair. I don't expect to sell a lot of them but I will have them available. These are the nice ones with the BOLENS casat into them.

Thanks

Kelly Opal
440-653-1111

#14 ·
Welcome Kelly,
Any thought about fabricating stuff for the Diesels (G152,154's and the like).
Nice looking blade:thThumbsU

#16 ·
Sorry I'm in SoCal. But :wwp: of the stuff you are doing. Might give the rest of us some ideas.

#18 ·
I'm interested in anything you might make for the large frame bolens. I just aquired an HT23, and would love to put additional equipment on it. I really want power steering (my cub SGT) had it so I became rather spoiled with it. I'm also looking for a rear blade to hook up to my 3pt. Eventually I would like to add a hard cab as well. I've never seen a mid mount grader... how do they work? does anyone have a video of one in action? I was also curious if their is a site with bolens pictures and videos? ( I suppose its on this site and i can't find it lol).

I'm located in Ohio if you need anything... down fall is that i'm in SE Ohio along the river. If you ever travel I-77 south i'm the last exit before WV on the river banks.

-Nick-

#21 ·
:MTF_wel2: Knet2.

#22 ·
I don't think he has been on here since 08.... I was really hoping he would has some stuff ready... i'm guessing something happened.

#23 ·
He had tube frame grader blades on ebay last year before Christmas or maybe it has been two years, but he had a Christmas sale price I remember.

#24 ·
It's a shame I would love to see what he was building. Mike if you get a hold of him let me know. I would like to know if he still does any of it.

#26 ·
Hello all I just talked to Kelly and due to work is why we haven't heard from him and yes he is still working on all of this equipment ,if you need one of his items all you have to do is call because the phone number is still valid and he seems to be a very nice gentleman and can also let you know the load do's and don'ts and where the weak point are of the Blons models and he told me today that the grader blade is multi position. It will mount on the front the middle and the back and comes with all of the linkage rods and parts for all 3 positions . So if you are in need and and are trying to find these items and more give him a call.

#28 ·
It's good to here he is ok thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.