My Tractor Forum banner

DYT4000, Front hood Grill needed, where to buy?

16K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  willowbilly3 
#1 ·
Hello all, well i hit something on the front of the tractor, and the plastic front grill is shot. Cracked, and broken. The metal on the hood is fine, its just the front plastic. Does any one know the front red gill part number, and where i could buy it? Does any one have one they can sell?
Thank you. :i_praying

#2 ·
#3 ·
:ditto:

I hope it's not like my Murray, that cost well over $100.00. Needless to say I never ordered.......

#4 ·
So i went to sears parts direct, and found it,

Grille

Part for CRAFTSMAN, Model # 917273634

Number:
174515X615
Category:
Lawn & Garden/Yard/Farm

Its for $66

Not to bad.

Found one on ebay for 50+12 shipping, might do that.

and here she is... :(

#5 ·
You can get Craftsman Brush Guards/ Bumpers cheap on ebay too. I invested in one for under $20.00 w/ shipping.

#6 ·
Watch out for some 'bumpers' that are out there. Some will protect only the bottom portion of your hood system, they do not extend out far enough to protect the whole front section of the hood.
Those that extend out far enough, may need to be removed (or hinged) so you can open the hood for service.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Haha, i hope not. I am now replacing the brake pads because they have not worked in 2 years. Also if i had brakes, this would of never happened and the front would still be in decent condition...Adjusting the brakes does nothing really... While i am back there i'm also replacing the drive belt, the lawn deck belt, and the ORG fuel filter... I will paint the front bottom muffler clover with high temp black. Also might get 2 new front tires. Can i just go a buy the tires, then go to sears, and have them put them on? I never replaced a tire before on a tractor...:i_praying

How are PIX belts? Now its to late to ask, because i already bought everything.. and they should be here by the end of the week. :biglaugh:

Thanks.. :thThumbsU

#10 · (Edited)
So i received the grill today by UPS. And to my surprise, it was from SEARS PARTS DIRECT in Dallas TX...

So opened it up, and it is a brand new grill, with sears parts slip and blue protection plastic still attached...

Well worth the $15+ saved.

I installed it, and it looks great!, also fixed that muffler shield...
Still have a whole lot to do... Once the other parts arrive.
then it needs a real good clean... :fing32:

#11 ·
You got a good deal. :thThumbsU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.