My Tractor Forum banner

Kioti CS 2410

26K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  jps99 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yes it can. The smallest Bobcat is the CT122 which is substantially larger and heavier. :)

#4 ·
Another great review. Seems like a very capable machine.

The ground clearance ("In addition to power, the Kioti CS2410 has a ground clearance of 6.4 inches") seems less than average -- I wonder if that figure is correct? (I found it in their press release linked at the bottom of the review).

The available models in the SCUT class just keep increasing. It would be very interesting to assemble half a dozen TLB models and do a test comparison, as is often done with vehicles. For end users, it would be helpful to hear views of experienced testers when they have the opportunity to compare these models side-by-side.

Kubota BX25
JD 1026R
Kioti CS 2410
Yanmar SC 2450
Massey Ferguson GC 2410
Mahindra ???

#5 ·
I just bought a Kioti CS2410 with FEL, Backhoe, Front Mount Snow Blower and Industrial Tires. It should be delivered this Monday 11-12-12. Needless to say I'm looking forward to having it before the heavy snows.

#8 ·
All the CS2410 needs is light for the nights. The front headlights are very bright but they get blocked by the FEL. To the rear are safety and directional lights but no backup lights. To the rear at night is totally blind. Other than that it's an incredible tractor. Perfect size for my homestead.

#10 ·
NOTE to ONESELF. NEVER remove the FEL before you remove the backhoe.

OK. I'll add some zest to the thread. A story, or rather, let me share with you a bit about what not to do with your tractor. At this point in time, I'm not a newbie to tractors. But I still make mistakes even though I do my very best to follow safety ~ actually I overdue the safety thing.

Except for this one time. ....

So there I was, ready to take off the backhoe and FEL. I wanted to unload the backhoe kitty corner and the FEL to the rear wall. But I couldn't get the tractor aligned to the corner to dismount the backhoe unless I took the FEL off first. Not problem, a pin here, a wiggle there, releive the hydraulic pressure, remove lines and presto ! I was ever so slowly pulling away from the FEL. What an awesome feeling to so easily remove the FEL and just drive away from it.

Had I not been backing up at a snails pace I would have ended up in the ceiling of the garage.

Because ...... all the sudden the front end of the tractor started to rise like a slow rising moon above the edge of the world. Since I was going at a crawl for speed, I was able to stop. And there I sat, teeter tottering like a kid on a seesaw. The rear wheels were the pivot point between the front end and the weight of the backhoe. I was in the middle. Rising and falling like a gently rolling wave on the ocean. Rising up to the ceiling rafters, and then drifting back down to the garage floor.

I wondered. If I tried to get off the seat, would the front end of the tractor end up in the ceiling? Uhmmm .... guess it was better to stay on the seat. But I couldn't backup anymore because I had no steering. I finally realized I could put the backhoe bucket down ...... oh what a relief that was. Then I gently applied enough down force to put the front end down with enough pressure to steer the tractor.

I made it by moving as slowly as one can go on a tractor. Got the backhoe dismounted.

Left the tractor right where it was, shut the lights off in the garage and spent the next few hours in the outhouse.

But don't tell anyone you heard this from me. TAKE the backhoe off first, then the FEL.

#11 ·
NOTE to ONESELF. NEVER remove the FEL before you remove the backhoe.
Just reading this sentence and I knew how the rest of the story would read :sidelaugh Glad it was as painless as it could have been.

Thanks for keeping us updated as to how your 2410 is working out. :)

#14 ·
Yes it is a hydraulic chute rotation. The oem electric chute deflector kit and skid shoes are on back order. The blower chute can be aimed so it is throwing snow almost behind you. You can drive out to the edge of the driveway and throw snow backwards.

#15 · (Edited)
I just got my CS2410 about 32 hrs ( of use) ago. I never owned a tractor let alone a diesel. so, all these new sounds are new to me. Today I went out to dig up some rocks and noticed a loud whine and squeek while driving, is this normal ?
I check the fluids every day and having a slow hydraulic leak at the trans filter I'm keeping a close eye on it. Actually it reads overfill on the trans level gauge (over the rear pto).
Another question which may be stupid to most of you, is all the hydraulic fluid for the whole tractor (trans, fel, backhoe)in one place?

Thanks,
Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.