My Tractor Forum banner

AG Tires on GX345

16K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Team_Green 
#1 ·
I am about to purchase a set of Carlisle Super Lugs and wheels for my GX. I intend on putting them on when using the Johnny Bucket and tiller (someday). The tractor comes with 24x12x12 rear tires. The tire dealer wants to sell me 23x10.5x12. My question is will this be sufficient? I was smurfing the net and found a website (Haynes hitches, I think) that shows this arrangement. The lug tire appears to be a bit taller tread than the turf tires. thoughts? How does one fill them with fluid?

http://hayes-ent.com/hitch/images/JDHitchSleeveR1.jpg

thanks in advance,

#2 ·
Look on Carlisle mfg web site for a closer size tire to what you have....looks like you are going to small compared to what you have....if the dealer dosent have it stock, plenty on-line distributors do

Duc

#4 ·
Use this link check out what's available. I think you'll have to get the AT 101 tires to get the 24". If it was me I would get the 24" rather than the 23" if that's the diameter tire that originally came on the tractor.

http://shop.cedarrapidstire.com/

#5 ·
I just bought a set of 23x10.5x12 super lugs as an exact size change-out from my turf tires. Just to let you know, the super lugs, which appear larger are in fact SHORTER (not as tall) than the turf tires of the same size.

I would advise you staying with the same size you have now if at all possible.

#6 ·
All, thanks for the feedback. I checked with Carlisle, and they don't sell a 24x12x12 in the Super Lug. They only make a 23x10.5x12 and then a 26x12x12. Their website is mismarked on the 26x12x12. Does anyone else have a favorite 24x12x12 lug tire that they recommend?

#7 ·
Greenhobby: You might want to look into the 'TITAN' brand AGs...they might make a 24x12x12 tire to fit your Deere.....or maybe check with your local JD dealer, and see what they can get for you.

I know this fine looking Federal Yellow machine will hurt you Deere guys eyes....but deal with it.... :bannana: ROF

I took this pic as I was swapping 23x10.5x12 AGs (same size as the turfs they were replacing) onto my 1450 Cub Cadet.

It pretty well illustrates the improvement in traction the AGs will (and do) have over the turfs.

In this pic, both AGs are on, ready to work..

#8 ·
I would shop around for a closer size. Every time I have replaced turfs with AG's, the AG's have been a little smaller then the turfs removed. Bulth of them I had wished I have jumped UP a size.

Check out Tucker tire. they have a store on ebay. Real nice people, and GREAT to deal with. They have mostly off brand stuff, the the price is right. If you dont see what you need, call them and ask. They have done me well, and will go out of there way to make you happy.

#9 · (Edited)
Greenhobby,
You were looking at my 345 in your first post of this thread. I have 26x12x12 Carlisle Super Lugs mounted on 12x10.5 wheels JD part number AM101523 on my 345. No one manufactures a true lug tire in 24x12x12 I looked. Carlisle sells a 101 Chevron tire in 24x12x12 but it is not a true lug tire. The 10.5" wide wheel flattens out the tire tread for a better ground contact patch. A couple of notes, the mower deck does NOT fit with these tires mouted and these tires required me to add a 3/4" spacer under the rear deck mounts to clear the tires.

This is my 345 w/23x10.5x12 Super Lugs mounted on 12x8.5 wheels

This is my 345 w/26x12x12 Super Lugs mounted on 12x 10.5 wheels

#11 ·
I have about 3/8" clearance but since there is no suspension travel in the rear it does not make any difference. All I have to remember is not to put my hand down and grab the fender.

#12 ·
DeereMan said:
I have about 3/8" clearance but since there is no suspension travel in the rear it does not make any difference. All I have to remember is not to put my hand down and grab the fender.

OUCH! Been there done that! :eek:mg:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.